Malleus Monstrorum - printer's proofs look great!

MOB

Rick got the printer's proofs for the Malleus Monstrorum slipcase set today. They look **so good**, we're going to share a closer look in a video soon...

4247984_ScreenShot2020-08-29at12_18_48pm.png.08bc47a8386ecaebd94ad587032cdbc1.png

Malleus-slipcase.thumb.jpg.98e3f2a03f9c45211b137d1398e520dc.jpg

Malleus-coversheet.thumb.jpg.7f3c81f3007c50236262b4df7d6800cd.jpg

[And remember, if you get the Malleus Monstrorum in PDF now you get the full cost of the PDF off the physical slipcase set in October...]

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, TwiceBorn said:

How long does it typically take for a product to reach the Canadian warehouse once the proofs have been approved?

Probably 3 months, since the books have to be bound, then collated, then shipped to the Main warehouse, then to Canada.

• Like 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 3:57 PM, MandilarasM said:

It almost October! I hope that the books will be available soon!

I actually emailed Chaosium for a potential release date in October and they told me the release date has been pushed back to early November due to a freight issue. They said it could come earlier, but they didn't really delve into any details. 

5 hours ago, The Ancient One said:

I actually emailed Chaosium for a potential release date in October and they told me the release date has been pushed back to early November due to a freight issue. They said it could come earlier, but they didn't really delve into any details. 

Thanks for the information! It seems that COVID-19 among other things must be blamed for this delay. We'll just have to wait a little bit more!

Hi Chaosium,

I have the previous edition of Malleus Monstrorum but I am sorely tempted by the new version. Can you let us know what has changed (just at a high level) between the two editions? What would clinch it for me is if there is a lot more art in the new book.

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 10:09 AM, Rick Meints said:

About 6 weeks. It is being prepped for shipment to our warehouses.

Awhile ago someone on reddit showed an email saying that the Malleus Monstrorum was going to be released in early November, but based on what you said it seems like it's going released near the end of November.

No offense, but for an anticipated release such as this it seems like Chaosium should be using their blog or social media accounts to keep customers posted as to status of a product's projected release date, including date changes and the reason for it.

16 hours ago, The Ancient One said:

Awhile ago someone on reddit showed an email saying that the Malleus Monstrorum was going to be released in early November, but based on what you said it seems like it's going released near the end of November.

No offense, but for an anticipated release such as this it seems like Chaosium should be using their blog or social media accounts to keep customers posted as to status of a product's projected release date, including date changes and the reason for it.

No offense taken. I just thought I would politely answer your question, despite not being the social media guy. We don't usually provide blow by blow updates on products with detailed reasons for delays, mostly because they are not predictable, not do we always know what specifically caused for the delay.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hope that Helps,

23 hours ago, The Ancient One said:

Chaosium has never (to my recent knowledge) provided "official" release dates on their products.  Nor can they, with the variables involved.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received our advance copies of the MALLEUS MONSTRORUM slipcase set by courier from the printer (the rest are coming by ship). This is the definitive Call of Cthulhu monster guide, and a work of art!

20201028_172000.thumb.jpg.3156151169425b84e05921e3cb7a5ade.jpg

You can currently get the Malleus Monstrorum as a massive PDF download (2 vols, 480 pages!) from Chaosium and DriveThruRPG. And if you buy it direct from Chaosium now, you get the full price of the PDF off the physical slipcase when it arrives... which will be soon!

• Like 11

On 10/27/2020 at 11:51 PM, MOB said:

Just received our advance copies of the MALLEUS MONSTRORUM slipcase set by courier from the printer (the rest are coming by ship). This is the definitive Call of Cthulhu monster guide, and a work of art!

20201028_172000.thumb.jpg.3156151169425b84e05921e3cb7a5ade.jpg

You can currently get the Malleus Monstrorum as a massive PDF download (2 vols, 480 pages!) from Chaosium and DriveThruRPG. And if you buy it direct from Chaosium now, you get the full price of the PDF off the physical slipcase when it arrives... which will be soon!

I was just wondering how soon exactly? Based on what Rick said earlier on October 11th it seems like we are still three weeks away from it arriving to the US warehouses. I don't mean to pester anyone about its release date, I've been really looking forward to this book ever since it was announced and my anticipation for it only grew when I bought the PDF for it.

12 hours ago, The Ancient One said:

I was just wondering how soon exactly? Based on what Rick said earlier on October 11th it seems like we are still three weeks away from it arriving to the US warehouses. I don't mean to pester anyone about its release date, I've been really looking forward to this book ever since it was announced and my anticipation for it only grew when I bought the PDF for it.

We can't tell you "exactly" because there are unknown variables that can impact the arrival date. There is a backlog to unload cargo ships at all of the US West Coast ports. Sometimes there are customs delays. Sometimes there are truck shipment delays. There could be a covid related shutdown. If you want a firm exact sales date I suggest you use December 18th, at 12:37pm EST. You'll be able to buy the set then. NOTE: You may very well get the chance to buy it much earlier than then, but I cannot guarantee it, and you pushed for an EXACT date. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hope that Helps,

1 hour ago, Rick Meints said:

... If you want a firm exact sales date I suggest you use December 18th, at 12:37pm EST. You'll be able to buy the set then. NOTE: You may very well get the chance to buy it much earlier than then, but I cannot guarantee it, and you pushed for an EXACT date. 🙂

<sigh>
You're really tempting the Fates, there, Mr. Suitcase.|

The odds of some long-odds disaster just increased HUGELY, thanks to your slip of the fingers...

😂

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 10/30/2020 at 11:27 AM, Rick Meints said:

We can't tell you "exactly" because there are unknown variables that can impact the arrival date. There is a backlog to unload cargo ships at all of the US West Coast ports. Sometimes there are customs delays. Sometimes there are truck shipment delays. There could be a covid related shutdown. If you want a firm exact sales date I suggest you use December 18th, at 12:37pm EST. You'll be able to buy the set then. NOTE: You may very well get the chance to buy it much earlier than then, but I cannot guarantee it, and you pushed for an EXACT date. 🙂

No offense, but at first its release date was October, then early November, then late November, now mid December, and by the time we reach the date you mentioned the book will likely be pushed back again to sometime in February 2021. When did everything begin to fall apart between the PDF's release in June to October. It seems difficult to blame to the ongoing pandemic since the country where the book is printed in, Lithuania has only had 14,824 cases.

Rick's December date was a bit facetious. He's probably thinking November 18th and added a month, just to be safe. The number of cases doesn't matter in the print country. It is the global supply chain that is affected. Patience is a virtue. It'll be here when it gets here.

22 hours ago, The Ancient One said:

No offense, but at first its release date was October, then early November, then late November, now mid December, and by the time we reach the date you mentioned the book will likely be pushed back again to sometime in February 2021. When did everything begin to fall apart between the PDF's release in June to October. It seems difficult to blame to the ongoing pandemic since the country where the book is printed in, Lithuania has only had 14,824 cases.

Ancient One: You seem to know more than me, so I can't really provide you with additional information. I could have sworn we had the books printed in China because they do our slipcase sets and boxed sets, but I'll defer to you. I chose the date I did because I am tried of disappointing you with honest estimates, estimates that sometimes need to get adjusted for unforeseen circumstances. The books are printed and collated. They are in the process of being shipped to our warehouses. They'll get there when they get there.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Hope that Helps,