The Crimson Bat's spit and tongue attacks

Brootse

12 minutes ago, Brootse said:

Can the Crimson Bat use its spit and tongue attacks on targets on its back?

I don't see any reason why not, it has many eyes on its body, it can likely change between which two eyes can spit. Likewise how long is a chaos monsters tongues? Look at the picture on page 189.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

18 minutes ago, Brootse said:

I think it better if the Crimson Bat cultist steering the Bat encourages it to spit up in the air and then makes the Bat fly underneath it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, David Scott said:

I don't see any reason why not, it has many eyes on its body, it can likely change between which two eyes can spit. Likewise how long is a chaos monsters tongues? Look at the picture on page 189.

The description says that it can only spit from two eyes on its head, and the pic shows that they are on the front. But perhaps it's just one artist's version, and the head eyes can move, or some are on the back of the head.

6 hours ago, Brootse said:

I'd say the tongues are at half chance.

5 hours ago, Brootse said:

The description says that it can only spit from two eyes on its head, and the pic shows that they are on the front. But perhaps it's just one artist's version, and the head eyes can move, or some are on the back of the head.

That's probably how I would play the eyes, but ...

6 hours ago, metcalph said:

I think it better if the Crimson Bat cultist steering the Bat encourages it to spit up in the air and then makes the Bat fly underneath it.

Now, that's how I am going to play it in future, probably a half-chance to hit, though, to be fair to the Adventurers.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 8/29/2020 at 8:21 PM, Brootse said:

Based on the illustration, I would say that the tongue attack might not be able to reach everywhere on the Bat's body, but the eye-spits can, as the bat is covered in eyes. 

18 hours ago, soltakss said:

I'd say the tongues are at half chance.

IDK about this.  The Bat is covered in eyes, so it can target all over itself from multiple angles imo.

Classically the best way to get rid of the bat has always been to destroy its wings.  I would suspect that Argrath would prompt Gonn Orta to rip them off the way a person would do so to a butterfly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darius West said:

Based on the illustration, I would say that the tongue attack might not be able to reach everywhere on the Bat's body, but the eye-spits can, as the bat is covered in eyes. 

IDK about this.  The Bat is covered in eyes, so it can target all over itself from multiple angles imo.

Classically the best way to get rid of the bat has always been to destroy its wings.  I would suspect that Argrath would prompt Gonn Orta to rip them off the way a person would do so to a butterfly.

It can only spit from two out of its five head eyes.