Five Weeks until Glorantha Games 2020: Glorantha at Home

Glorantha Games 2020: Glorantha at Home takes place on Saturday, October 3rd.

We are looking for Game Masters to run scenarios set in Glorantha using RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha, QuestWorlds (HeroQuest), 13th Age Glorantha, and RuneQuest Classic

Plenty of slots open and we definitely need more GMs and more games.
Let us know if you want to be a GM and send us your scenario.

https://warhorn.net/events/glorantha-games-2020

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Ran Jack o'Bear's Picnic and it went pretty well.

New Adventurer advice for Dorastor:

1. Never lick the skeleton of a Dragon

2. Drink a potion, make a roll

What does it mean when a party of chaotic badasses fail all their Intimidate rolls bar one? Does it just make them cuddly? Poor Stumpy with its little, tiddly stinger, not intimidating at all, no matter how hard it tried.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

5 hours ago, soltakss said:

What does it mean when a party of chaotic badasses fail all their Intimidate rolls bar one? Does it just make them cuddly? Poor Stumpy with its little, tiddly stinger, not intimidating at all, no matter how hard it tried.

In a scenario where you want them to give you information or perform a task I personally would handle it as "You do intimidate them, but you overdo it, and now they're too scared to do or say whatever it is you wanted out of them because they're too busy doing some combination of running/fainting/screaming/evacuating their smallclothes." So now you have to find a way to calm them down or go some other route of solving your problems.

In a scenario where you want to scare them away or make them lose heart, like in combat, I would instead make it, "You do scare them, but their 'fight-or-flight' response picks 'fight' and their resolve stands firm, giving a penalty to further rolls to try to demoralize/scare them away."

Thanks. It was war funnier to have them try their Intimidate rolls and fail again and again and again, despite having Intimidate in the 70s and 80s. In one encounter, the fourth one to try succeeded, but I said that it didn't have much of an effect.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 10/3/2020 at 6:39 PM, soltakss said:

Ran Jack o'Bear's Picnic and it went pretty well.

New Adventurer advice for Dorastor:

1. Never lick the skeleton of a Dragon

I thought it went very well Simon, in fact it was excellent.

And your advice here is clearly ridiculous.  If you don't lick them how do you know what they taste like?

Thanks for running the game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, soltakss said:

Thanks. It was war funnier to have them try their Intimidate rolls and fail again and again and again, despite having Intimidate in the 70s and 80s. In one encounter, the fourth one to try succeeded, but I said that it didn't have much of an effect.

That works too, but I'd prefer the dark humor of, say, ruling that a fumble on their roll against an old guy they're trying to get info out of causes him to get so scared he dies of a heart attack in front of them, his face stuck in a rictus of pure horror, and now they either have to find some way to explain this or stash the body and get out before anyone starts asking questions.

Edited by Leingod