Australian Eastern Time Players Wanted - Roll20 Campaign

Arcadiagt5

I'm currently running a Colymar based campaign that’s advanced to Earth Season 1626 on Roll20. Some slots for additional players have opened up, please reply if you’re interested. 

The game runs on Monday Thursday nights from 6:30PM to about 9PM AET. 

EDIT: Changed game night to reflect a recent change, and we're still looking for one more player. 

Edited by Arcadiagt5

The party currently consists of a Thane/Heavy Infantry from Old Tarsh, a Priestess in Training from Old Tarsh, a Tracker from Old Tarsh, An Esrolian Redsmith and a Sartarite Tracker, current cults are Orlanth, Maran Gor, Yinkin, Gustbran (homebrew cult) and Odayla. The only rule is NO EURMAL!!!!!!! Happy to teach and you will be coming in with an array previously worked out by the GM for your characteristics.

I would be interested, though I have not played in decades, do not know Roll20 (I do have an account), and have enjoyed the White Bull campaign... I have no webcam, let me know what I need besides beer, and I'll see what I can do, but do not pin hopes on me. ( I do like the idea of finally getting to play, if I can). How soon do you plan to start  ? (time to get and set up a cam if needed) Also character generation could be an issue, unless I get help..... Feel free to dismiss this at a glance though.

EDIT: OOPS, underway, ok, I could join, but do not know if I would be of use in time. Up to you....

Edited by Dirk Le Daring

1 hour ago, Dirk Le Daring said:

I would be interested, though I have not played in decades, do not know Roll20 (I do have an account), and have enjoyed the White Bull campaign... I have no webcam, let me know what I need besides beer, and I'll see what I can do, but do not pin hopes on me. ( I do like the idea of finally getting to play, if I can). How soon do you plan to start  ? (time to get and set up a cam if needed) Also character generation could be an issue, unless I get help..... Feel free to dismiss this at a glance though.

EDIT: OOPS, underway, ok, I could join, but do not know if I would be of use in time. Up to you....

Hi Dirk, webcam not needed but a decent audio setup via Discord is. We've had technical difficulties with video on Roll20 for this game and have settled on voice only in Discord. Maps, character sheets, dice rolls, etc are in Roll20. 

I would walk you through character generation, and of the other players at least @Nano_Ranger would help out. We would certainly discuss what role you wanted to play in the party, and how that can be fitted into the story.

13 hours ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

Hi Dirk, webcam not needed but a decent audio setup via Discord is. We've had technical difficulties with video on Roll20 for this game and have settled on voice only in Discord. Maps, character sheets, dice rolls, etc are in Roll20. 

I would walk you through character generation, and of the other players at least @Nano_Ranger would help out. We would certainly discuss what role you wanted to play in the party, and how that can be fitted into the story.

I would be very glad to help if you decide to join us

15 hours ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

Cheers mate, I have discord installed, and have an account for roll 20, just having a bitch of a time accessing my emails to verify the discord account (should also test audio before locking me in). Fantasising about feeding the provider to the Crimson Bat..... ;) Will continue to try this evening and will let you know how I go no later than Saturday evening so you can get another.

2 hours ago, Nano_Ranger said:

I would be very glad to help if you decide to join us

Cheers for the offer, I just hope I can get discord working, and would be happy for any help from you.

4 hours ago, Dirk Le Daring said:

Looks like I have discord sorted. Let me know when/if/how to set up and get the ruffles smoothed. (I have never used discord)

Excellent. If you private message me your discord ID, I'll invite you to the server. @Nano_Ranger and I can then set up a time to start going through character creation on Roll20, with Discord as the voice chat. 

Hi.

I'm a bit late to this thread and may not fit with your regular play schedule, as I work every second Monday evening. I am, however, in Sydney, am very familiar with Runequest and Glorantha and know my way around the Roll20 RQG character sheet. If there's a spot and my schedule would fit with your I'd love to play.

Brent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrentS said:

Hi.

I'm a bit late to this thread and may not fit with your regular play schedule, as I work every second Monday evening. I am, however, in Sydney, am very familiar with Runequest and Glorantha and know my way around the Roll20 RQG character sheet. If there's a spot and my schedule would fit with your I'd love to play.

Brent.

Hi Brent, we're still working a few things out. Let me talk to the other players and we'll get back to you. 

Edited by Arcadiagt5

On 9/8/2020 at 5:14 PM, BrentS said:

Hi.

Brent.

Ooh even more fresh mea- I mean new potential players

Thanks.

Unfortunately I work shifts week on, week off, so also work every second Thursday evening 🙁 . All my gaming is fortnightly. I guess it would only work if my involvement was half time, which would depend on your game and story requirements. That's a big ask so if that doesn't fit, no problem at all. Maybe I could be a silent Discord observer or even an occasional NPC if that works.

Brent.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:17 AM, BrentS said:

Unfortunately I work shifts week on, week off, so also work every second Thursday evening 🙁 . All my gaming is fortnightly. I guess it would only work if my involvement was half time, which would depend on your game and story requirements. That's a big ask so if that doesn't fit, no problem at all. Maybe I could be a silent Discord observer or even an occasional NPC if that works.

Thanks for that. I think the shift work is probably a deal breaker as adventures usually run multiple sessions so having you be there for only half of each adventure would be awkward.

HI. Still looking for players?   Im in NZ Christchurch.  So dont know if thats timezone friendly. Im an experienced Runequest . stormbringer player / gm if thats helpful.  :) Though its been a while Id love to get back into it.  Back in the day it was my fave game :)  

Cheers

Allan

Edited by Silent one

3 hours ago, Silent one said:

HI. Still looking for players?   Im in NZ Christchurch.  So dont know if thats timezone friendly. Im an experienced Runequest . stormbringer player / gm if thats helpful.  :) Though its been a while Id love to get back into it.  Back in the day it was my fave game :)  

Cheers

Allan

Hi Allan, I'm willing to try if you are but I'm worried that it won’t be particularly timezone friendly for you. For example I’m currently playing D&D on Friday nights with friends in Perth. So, currently, 6:30PM to 10:00PM for them is 8:30PM to Midnight for me. And it’s about to get an hour worse than that for me when daylight savings kicks in here but not there.

A quick look at the world clock shows a two hour time difference so if 8:30Pm to 11:00PM is OK with you, then maybe we can give it a go. 

25 minutes ago, Silent one said:

1100pm sounds fine. only starts getting dicey at 1200 +   a 8.30 to 1100 thing sounds ideal for me :)    Ive only played Mage on d20 while using discord for the voip.  So youll have to walk me though what you have set up :)    

As it happens we use Discord for voice as well so that's basically the same. Welcome aboard I guess, how does this Thursday sound for a character generation session (since it does take a while)?

Sounds good.  if you zap me discord details will make it easier to coordinate. :)   What version of RQ are you using ? Last time I played it was v2 . played a little of the Avalon hill version. But it was never as good as the glorantha old game.   current is v6? ( man that makes me feel old. lol )   I could download whatever your using from the verge. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Silent one said:

Sounds good.  if you zap me discord details will make it easier to coordinate. :)   What version of RQ are you using ? Last time I played it was v2 . played a little of the Avalon hill version. But it was never as good as the glorantha old game.   current is v6? ( man that makes me feel old. lol )   I could download whatever your using from the verge. 

We are currently playing Runequest: Glorantha, so the latest edition which is essentially an updated version of the first 2 editions