A Noob’s Rough Guide to PAX!

Hm, alas, GEN CON was a failure for me. Bad Wi-Fi (when I tried looking at the millions of entries in the schedule, I despaired as my browser chugged on valiantly)  and so much work to do for Wind Words (mostly online, so what connectivity I had was devoted to working not playing). I love the work so easy choice. Now this time around I had an ulterior motive behind writing Wind Whispers #8. I wanted to create a schedule for me that I could use to navigate the 24/9 of PAX and if I like it, turn it loose on my unwitting victims... er... readers. Turns out I liked it, it works for me and though it will not replace the big schedule at PAX.it does what I need on bad connectivity days and keeps my guests at what I which to wee bear at hand at my hand little email. copy that comes from subscribing. 

So, in combination with Wind Whisper’s i though I would create an interactive topic here about a Noob’s (very) rough guide to navigating PAX... I am enjoying the experience o far. And with my first two choices I have been happy... Who else is attending PAX Online today and what are you watching or doing? Are you using my guesses of what to attend and  are they working for you?

CAVEAT, I had written a module for my very first con and only one of two I have been at for wargaming or FRPing and then was one of the DMs for the module that I wrote at the con It was fun, but in a way I missed the con, in another way I was very much there! I also attended a confused little CoC con in my new Home town 5 yers later that did not what my appetite and this was all decades ago So I guess I was a Noob at my failed attempt at GEN CON so I am still a NOOB at PAX, which has started much better

Cheers 

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 2

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Okay. I will start. Those of you who read my intro to PAX in Wind Whispers  #8 know where I am going today. But where have I been? Well` the panel on PAX orientation was great, you could feel the hippy hugs arriving by packets through your browser!. Nice vibes. I was happy to see I would be in good hands for the week & a bit!. The talk on avoiding murderhobos was fun. as was the collaborative world the panelists made to show that if players have a hand in the creation—even if they still burn it down and loot it they will at least appreciate it!

SO watching

Fantasy and Indigenous Culture: Collaborating with First Nations Musicians on the Innchanted Soundtrack"

Pretty cool so far... let me get back to it! Loving the insights and the tunes!

• Like 1

Made a great discovery! The news section lists the  day's event highlights and then gives the URLs where missed content might be seen again if it has been uploaded somewhere. I just watched the orientation again for hints and just before I dozed off and missed the concert I had tried to stay awake and see. Good thing I might be able to see this again, later! 
That is not dead which can eternal lie.

https://online.paxsite.com/news

• Like 1

Hmm I was hoping to have a few posts from other attendees by now, but it seems no one is attending or doing anything at PAX. What a drag!

Day three ends and day four begins, watched all the choices I made and did a fair bit of hopping around, through PAX 1, 2 and 3. and enjoying a bit of gaming too (Avernum 6 for the curious). Pleasant day thoughtful and entertaining day... much to digest but nothing to write about. Until now, I am thourouly enjoying Chaosium Creator’s Series: Runequest. Do watch this when it get’s posted somewhere later today (maybe @MOB will post something up telling us where) and.or check the PAX news later today to see if they say where it ends up. Or here perhaps if I can find it. Listen for the Eurmali, she is having way too mu\cj fun! It’s almost criminal!  Best of all says the ol’ CON NOOB... they are all NOOBS at RQ!