These RuneQuest Classic titles will soon be available POD...

MOB

Make some room on your bookcase! Rick has received the remaining RuneQuest Classic titles we're preparing for POD. These will all be available to order very soon. Makes for an impressive collection of titles when you put all them all together in one stack...

Edited by MOB
  • Like 5

Quite the stack...

Side note: At the beginning if the video I used the original William Church maps created for the RQ2 rulebook. You might notice that a lot of the letters on the map have a yellowing to them because they were pasted on. The smaller names were put on with letraset letters.

New-POD1.jpg

• Like 2

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

Looks so nice.  All but 5 or 6 look big enough to make a good HC book.  Could saddle stitch also possibly be an option for the ones that were originally in that format?  I.e. Cults of Prax, Cults of Terror etc.  That's such a good format for the gaming table because they lay flat more easily.

At any rate, thanks so much for this.  Really looking forward to them.

(and in the "make more work for folks who are already overworked department", would it be possible to have those videos posted on somewhere like Youtube or another platform external to Facebook? Sadly I've got Facebook blocked at the router for reasons. Understand that I'm an anomaly here, but figured I'd ask, while also covering that the post I made up there was a duplicate. Thanks!)

Edited by craigm

2 hours ago, MOB said:

Make some room on your bookcase! Rick has received the remaining RuneQuest Classic titles we're preparing for POD. These will all be available to order very soon. Makes for an impressive collection of titles when you put all them all together in one stack...

I'll have to get a couple of those, Soloquest and Old School Resource Pack to cover what I don't already have in print 🙂

Hmm, you missed Wyrm's Footprints... I'd buy that too...

Frank

6 minutes ago, ffilz said:

Hmm, you missed Wyrm's Footprints... I'd buy that too...

Frank

Wyrms Footprints was a Reaching Moon Megacorp product, and we don't have the rights to that.

CAO4501.jpg.4473f85db4492ef4df22c0b7dc22d629.jpg

If you mean Wyrms Footnotes (the Chaosium house magazine 1976 - 1982 + 2012), we currently do offer those in PDF: https://www.chaosium.com/wyrms-footnotes

1698583283_ScreenShot2020-09-17at1_12_31pm.png.9d2f527a7dc4bfccdf7ca461a9182d0b.png

7 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

We don't need a license to do the Avalon Hill era RQ3 supplements. Chaosium retained the copyright, especially on all the Gloranthan supplements. Greg got all that as his part of the split of Chaosium's assets when he left the company in 1998, and Moon Design bought it all from him in 2013. Many of the RQ3 supplements that were RQ2 updates, like Apple Lane, Snake Pipe Hollow, the Gloranthan Bestiary, and TrollPak aren't worth reprinting (at least beyond the TrollPak map). They aren't different enough. The Monster Coliseum and Griffin Island boxed sets, RQ Cities are too generic. Daughters of Darkness and Eldarad are a hard pass. Not much point in reprinting Gods of Glorantha, Troll Gods, Elder Secrets, or the Genertela boxed sets as that range of info is already in print in a more comprehensive fashion, or soon will be. Reprinting Vikings and Land of Ninja are tempting, but they are not a priority. That just leaves Sun CountyStrangers in Prax, Shadows on the BorderlandDorastor, and Lords of Terror. We might reprint the first three, and maybe do the last two as a combo reprint, but I haven't spent any time thinking about that. I would like to get the Troubled Waters scenario from River of Cradles reprinted, but I wouldn't reprint the rest of the book since Pavis and Big Rubble are both available again.

And perhaps a POD copy of the 3rd edition rules?? 😁

SDLeary

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MOB said:

Wyrms Footprints was a Reaching Moon Megacorp product, and we don't have the rights to that.

If you mean Wyrms Footnotes (the Chaosium house magazine 1976 - 1982 + 2012), we currently do offer those in PDF: https://www.chaosium.com/wyrms-footnotes

Sorry, I always get Footprints and Footnotes mixed up... I think part of it is based on meanings of the words, one would actually expect Footnotes to be the newer thing based off the original as in a footnote to it...

12 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Many of the RQ3 supplements that were RQ2 updates, like Apple Lane, Snake Pipe Hollow, the Gloranthan Bestiary, and TrollPak aren't worth reprinting (at least beyond the TrollPak map). They aren't different enough.

I much prefer Apple Lane and Snake Pipe Hollow from RQ3 but ok.

The Monster Coliseum and Griffin Island boxed sets, RQ Cities are too generic.

That's fair.

Daughters of Darkness and Eldarad are a hard pass.

No question there.

Not much point in reprinting Gods of Glorantha, Troll Gods, Elder Secrets, or the Genertela boxed sets as that range of info is already in print in a more comprehensive fashion, or soon will be.

I would love Gods of Glorantha and Genertela. I fail to see why there is no point to make GoG available but Cults of Prax is. I would take Trollpak, Haunted Ruins and Into the Troll Realm.

Reprinting Vikings and Land of Ninja are tempting, but they are not a priority.

That's fair.

That just leaves Sun CountyStrangers in Prax, Shadows on the BorderlandDorastor, and Lords of Terror. We might reprint the first three, and maybe do the last two as a combo reprint.

That would be nice!

I would like to get the Troubled Waters scenario from River of Cradles reprinted, but I wouldn't reprint the rest of the book since Pavis and Big Rubble are both available again.

I'd rather have River of Cradles as a whole.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Loïc said:

Is there any chance to see HW/HQ books on POD one of these days? If yes, which titles?

We are seriously looking at doing the Sartar, Sartar Companion and Pavis Heroquest books as POD. We have no plans for any Hero Wars Titles. They are all available as PDF if you really want them, anyway. If you really want them in printed form most of them are available for not too much money on the secondary market.

• Like 3

Hope that Helps,

I always thought of "Monster Coliseum" as something where the Lunar urban campaign had been amputated, but I guess that was hopelessly optimistic. But then I was told by Greg that all of Chaosium's playtesting for RuneQuest happened in Glorantha. That doesn't make the events from those house campaign sessions canonical Glorantha, though.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 hour ago, Rick Meints said:

Sorry, not going to happen. We would have to redo the layout of information that is easily available in Pavis and Big Rubble.

Understandable. There is no way for me to tell what is easily done or what is hard. I was only stating what I would buy as a customer without having the ability to judge viability or practicality of said desire.

Idle comment from someone new to the forum.

Presuming the RQ2 Apple Lane was very similar to the RQ3 Apple Lane (I have the latter), one wonders how it would fit into current RQ:RiG given the Defending Apple Lane scenario in the adventure book provided with the gamemaster reference pack. After all, in the RQ3 Apple Lane, a core scenario takes place in the pawn shop. In Defending Apple Lane, that pawnshop is in partial ruins.

23 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

I would like to get the Troubled Waters scenario from River of Cradles reprinted, but I wouldn't reprint the rest of the book since Pavis and Big Rubble are both available again.

Yep would be good to see this made available again. River of Cradles had a great cover that set ancient world expectations for adventures in Prax And Glorantha, be good to see that used with any reprint of the adventure...and a chance to put a proper description of mud sharks in 😉

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Quite the stack...

I see you have some spare copies of RuneQuest... when I built up my RQ2 collection a couple years ago, I came across some damaged spare copies of boxes (some of which a seller just sent me as free extras because he wasn't going to do anything with them besides throw them away... they were unsellable, being incomplete or empty in addition to being damaged). Anyway, fast-forward to last week-end, when I figured I would turn these boxes into nice frames to put up on the staircase going down to my man-cave:

594096389_95ac577af60e11ea9fbcf23c91aea81f_image_jpg1.thumb.jpg.7ce667873194e0ed97894f2af7bbad1f.jpg

Now the only thing is that I have spare pieces of those boxes, which I'm considering turning into bookmarks, unless someone has a better idea?

938372500_9629a11cf60e11ea9ca6f23c91aea81f_image_jpg1.thumb.jpg.be28a006c368dc3d9a211cfa08b8dfca.jpg

Edited by lordabdul
  • Like 9

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

3 hours ago, Baron Wulfraed said:

Presuming the RQ2 Apple Lane was very similar to the RQ3 Apple Lane (I have the latter), one wonders how it would fit into current RQ:RiG given the Defending Apple Lane scenario in the adventure book provided with the gamemaster reference pack. After all, in the RQ3 Apple Lane, a core scenario takes place in the pawn shop. In Defending Apple Lane, that pawnshop is in partial ruins.

RQ3 Apple Lane was effectively a reprint of RQ2 Apple Lane (but with new cover).  

From an event standpoint, RQ2/3 Apple Lane happens in 1614 (after Starbrow's Rebellion), RQG in late 1625.  You can determine by the age of Brightflower: 13 in RQ2/3 scenario, 24 in the RQG book.

In between those two is the scenario in the HQG Sartar Companion, Return to Apple Lane, where the Lunars seek to take Gringle's treasures and burn down the pawn shop.  That is ~1619.

4 hours ago, lordabdul said:

I see you have some spare copies of RuneQuest...

"Spare copies" is a relative term. I have three of the 2" boxed set on the shelf because there are three distinct printings (red, brown, and green rulebook covers). Being an unrepentant completist, I switched from acquiring one of each edition to acquiring every distinct printing of each item. The thing is, this picture isn't even all of them, just all I knew about at the time (3 years ago).

RQ-editions.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hope that Helps,

8 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

We are seriously looking at doing the Sartar, Sartar Companion and Pavis Heroquest books as POD. We have no plans for any Hero Wars Titles. They are all available as PDF if you really want them, anyway. If you really want them in printed form most of them are available for not too much money on the secondary market.

These 3 would be great (when you say just "Sartar", you probably mean Kingdom of Heroes?)!!! I'm in!

For HW, I already own several books I was indeed lucky enough to buy at decent prices: the core book (in french), Anaxial's Rooster, Storm Tribe, Thunder Rebels and a few others... But some are sold at really indecent prices, if you can find them: the Sartar Rising trilogy, Imperial Lunar Handbook... (Of course, "decent" price is subjective. For me, 69$ for the Imperial Lunar Handbook is an indecent price.)

I can do without, of course, and the PDF can do the job. But to be honest: I want to make my shelves collapse under books, and I prefer to do so by giving money directly to Chaosium and not to any greedy speculator... 😉

And maybe the POD on all HW/HQ titles would be profitable for Chaosium? Yes, I know, but who could blame me to try...? 😁

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Being an unrepentant completist, I switched from acquiring one of each edition to acquiring every distinct printing of each item. The thing is, this picture isn't even all of them, just all I knew about at the time (3 years ago).

Wow that's unrepentant completism indeed Mr. Suitcase!  There's a couple in there that I'm not even sure what edition they are...

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !