Jump to content

There is a map for Two Ridge Fort ?


Recommended Posts

Hello everyone.

 

Well like the title say, There is a map for Two Ridge Fort ?

That's the new stop of my adventurers and their "plan" to resolve diplomatic disputes between tribes.

If i can, i like to use the original maps, if there is one, instead of choosing to create one from scratch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Godweyn said:

 

Wow that really helps to see the details of the surroundings, but I was referring to something like what David Scott said. The fort itself.

There is no official map of the fort itself. But the site is perhaps more interesting than the fort! Here's the writeup:

Two Ridge Fort (hill fort): This ancient fortress was fashioned atop a steep-ridged butte at the end of the Gejay Hills, and includes farms and pastures. This is the political and religious center of the Malani Tribe, and has temples to Orlanth and Humakt. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a beautiful map! I like a lot the balance between the graphic "simplicity" and the quantity of information it conveys. I notice a small point that bothers me slightly as my own Arfritha Vale sourcebook is now 99% ready to hit the JC: I gathered from previous publications, for instance TCS, that the Frithan territory was on the East (or right) bank of the Boranini, while this map put their main settlement on the West (or left) bank. Obviously, YGMV and all that kind of thing and TCS is not canonical for RQG, but I would like to know if, beyond that, this point mirrors an in-game, historical evolution, something like an extension of Frithan territory or a migration, for instance the clan joining the Malani, or something like that? Could you enlighten me? Thanks!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Minlister said:

That's a beautiful map! I like a lot the balance between the graphic "simplicity" and the quantity of information it conveys. I notice a small point that bothers me slightly as my own Arfritha Vale sourcebook is now 99% ready to hit the JC: I gathered from previous publications, for instance TCS, that the Frithan territory was on the East (or right) bank of the Boranini, while this map put their main settlement on the West (or left) bank. Obviously, YGMV and all that kind of thing and TCS is not canonical for RQG, but I would like to know if, beyond that, this point mirrors an in-game, historical evolution, something like an extension of Frithan territory or a migration, for instance the clan joining the Malani, or something like that? Could you enlighten me? Thanks!  

It represents the map in TCS getting a few details wrong. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, my English is missing a nuance here. The "getting" is linked to "it" or to "the map in TCS"? Without comma after TCS I would go for the second solution but punctuation rule differ in French and English. No irony or whatever, I just want to be sure. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Minlister said:

Sorry, my English is missing a nuance here. The "getting" is linked to "it" or to "the map in TCS"? Without comma after TCS I would go for the second solution but punctuation rule differ in French and English. No irony or whatever, I just want to be sure. Thanks!

The map in TCS has a few errors.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot!! I had the same problem with Famous Bell which is on the West bank in TCS and on the East bank on the GM Screen Pack maps. 

A pity for my sourcebook, where the Frithan are still on the East bank, but it is a very minor issue.

@David Scott

I actually used Pen y Bannau hill fort the blue-print for Famous Bell!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 2:36 AM, David Scott said:

 

I think the idea is there, but the upper plateau area needs to be MUCH larger, to match what Jeff said:

 

On 9/20/2020 at 10:07 AM, Jeff said:

Two Ridge Fort (hill fort): This ancient fortress was fashioned atop a steep-ridged butte at the end of the Gejay Hills, and includes farms and pastures. This is the political and religious center of the Malani Tribe, and has temples to Orlanth and Humakt. 

... "includes farms" (plural) "and pastures" (plural) ...


That's a -LOT- of land (much more than shown above, at Pen y Bannau).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The plateau Two Ridge sits atop is some 6 to 8 kilometres long. Think more Mesa Verde, Table Mountain, or the Nor-Westers. Western Sartar has a lot of mesa and butte geography, more like out of the American West or South Africa. The Ambas of Ethiopa might make better reference points.

Two Ridge, Starfire Ridges, and the Pegasus Plateau are all part of a rugged landscape that would make Western Sartar a really amazing place to look at. With redwood groves in Tarndisi's Grove, and the high snow-covered peaks of the Quivin Mountains.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jeff! So something more akin to Masada (see below)? In a greener setting and with a different architectural style, obviously.

Personally, because of the Two Ridges I had envisioned it more like Constantine in Algeria (see old map, cutting out the modern extension but extending the settled area to the Lazaret and hospital beyond the huge chasm).

AKG299495.jpg

Mas bis.jpg

Map_of_Constantine_Algeria_1940s.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...