The Pegasus Plateau - out now in full color hardback and special leatherette editions

MOB

435017316_312986(1).jpg.c672549eb4cf81949fb6382ac296aa0c.jpg

Invitations to Adventure

Seven ready-to-play adventures for RuneQuest!

Set in the mythic fantasy world of Glorantha, The Pegasus Plateau & Other Stories features seven complete ready-to-play adventures, taking you from ghoul-haunted catacombs, into mystic ruins, across the arid deserts of Prax, and up to the rocky pinnacle of the Pegasus Plateau!

Suitable for new and veteran gamemasters and players, each adventure spotlights a unique aspect or area of Dragon Pass. They can be used as introductions to Glorantha or as part of existing campaigns.

https://www.chaosium.com/the-pegasus-plateau-other-stories-hardcover

2060934451_tpp-meeting-trolls(2).thumb.png.17fbc9ed14f2b7d82f212f52f8936728.png

What the Critics Say

"This is an RQ collection of adventures every bit as cutting edge as anything other system on the market."
—Andrew Logan Montgomery, Exploring the Otherworlds of Fiction, Magic, and Gaming.

Also available in special leatherette edition

https://www.chaosium.com/the-pegasus-plateau-other-stories-leatherette

734949034_ScreenShot2020-09-24at1_08_57am.png.d5953dd3e115d75480d9e552b58f45d8.png

Inventory Locations for The Pegasus Plateau

7e3933b4-d094-4ee6-9245-60306944de6f.png
Currently available from our US, UK, and EU warehouses.
AUS and CAN to follow (apologies - unavoidable Covid19 shipping delays)

• Like 6

• MOB featured and pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MOB unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Now that I have it in my possession, I did have a question about Truestone on page 129.

The rule for spirit magic and magic points are clear. I am not positive about Rune Magic in it. So in the example, the stone is 'set' with "6 pts. of Rune magic the Rune spells occupy 12 pts. of the Truestone’s space". It is not clear about Rune Spells versus Rune Points.

Which of the following is most correct:

1) A Wind Lord could set the 6 pts and imbue Lighting, Shield, Bear's Strength (from Odayla), Dark Walk, Leap, and Flight. The Orlanthi then hands it to an initiate to take on a quest. This initiate happens to already know Flight. The Initiate uses his own Rune Points to power spells he has not yet learned. If instead a Humakti initiate had access to the stone, he could also cast those six spells with his own RP. The Wind Lord who imbued the truestone could restore the 6 effective Rune Points as normal during their next Worship service.
Note: I don't know how those 6 spells would ever get cleared for new spells to be added. In this scenario, the Wind Lord would gain nothing by imbuing the truestone and taking it with them for their own use. Overall, this seems to contradict part of page 129.

2) A Wind Lord could set the 6 pts and imbue Lightning 3 and Shield 3. The Wind Lord could hand it to a Humakti for an adventure, and the Humakti could cast up to 3 RP of Lightning and 3 RP of Shield without touching his own RPs (which presumably would also include access to Shield, but not Lightning). The Wind Lord who imbued the truestone could restore the 6 effective Rune Points as normal during their next Worship service.
In this scenario: once Lightning 3 was used from the truestone, a different Rune Magic of up to 3 points could be placed in the truestone for the next adventure. And likewise for the Shield 3. In this scenario, the Wind Lord could imbue the truestone and get those additional two spells at those levels for their own use. This seems to make the most sense with the entire statement from page 129.

3) A Wind Lord could set the 6 pts by using 6 Rune Points. Anyone could use those 6 Rune Points to power Rune Spells they already know, but not any others. The Wind Lord who imbued the truestone could restore 6 Rune Points as normal during their next Worship service.
In this scenario: it just works as 6 extra RPs to whoever carries it, including the Wind Lord who imbued it. I view this as acceptable, but less likely than #2.

Clearly, I think #2 is the correct interpretation, but wanted confirmation.

I do enjoy the Pegasus Plateau, I read it in PDF form before the hard copies arrived. Thank you.

My reading concurs with your option 2 except. Once the spells are stored they new blocked to the original caster. The Wind Lord could get his RP back, but not the ability to cast those spells (unless he/she sacrifices POW to gain a new slot). Also I wouldn't allow users to cast the truestone stored spells using their own RP - the spell and power behind it is on loan from the original deity, and could not be supplemented. (This is just to stop players dragging out the use of the Truestone, which IMO is meant to be a very temporary boon.)

8 hours ago, Psullie said:

Also I wouldn't allow users to cast the truestone stored spells using their own RP

Ah yes. I meant "the Humakti could cast up to 3 RP of Lightning and 3 RP of Shield without touching his own RPs" to be _the_ method they would use to cast from the stone. I agree the Humakti could not use their own RP to cast spells from the truestone, though they could of course use their own RPs on their own Shield (which I expect every Humakti to sacrifice for in their first 3 rune spells).

I am less confident the Wind Lord would lose access to all Lightning and Shield until a new sacrifice for each. As I reread it, we seem to both be wrong on #2 in terms of what is tied up in the stone. "The user is putting active Rune spells in the stone, and those Rune points are no longer available to the adventurer until the Rune spell is used." Rune Points. So the Wind Lord cannot get back his 6 RP by a Worship ceremony. Those are 'active' until used. Like rune spells with Extension 5 are still 'active'. So the Wind Lord can restore the 6 RPs via Worship service if and only if the Humakti casts them. The Wind Lord can use his other RPs to continue to cast Lightning and Shield.