Worlds Beyond being reprinted

I have a copy, but have never had the opportunity to play. Glad to hear it is being reprinted. Hopefully it will show up in a local game shop and others will become interested or in an on line store.

Edited by Ethereal
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, Ethereal said:

... Hopefully it will show up in a local game shop ...

IMO/IME, this isn't likely.

The FLGS is, generally, a low-margin enterprise.  The stores don't have sufficient cash reserves to buy an old old game that's being reprinted, in hopes that it will sell.  They don't have sufficient floor/shelf space to display such items, when better-selling games with substantial publisher-advertising & even cross-media licensing creates public demand.

There is an exception for the FLGS that's run by an old-school gamer with fond memories of his (no sexism intended, but "male" is the overwhelming majority of the profile I'm describing) old chums' WB games, Back In The Day; and maybe even is willing to organize/run some demo games in-store...

That said, I too hope to see it on my local FLGS shelves!

(n.b. - this actually is something YOU (addressing both the hypothetical/generic "you" and also @Ethereal, personally) might help happen:  if *YOU* will organize/run a demo-game (or even a demo-campaign!) at your FLGS, the store may actually get this into stock, so interested players can buy it right then & there; if the new publisher even has a "wholesale price" model or works through a distributor).  More than once, I've had my demo-games result in immediate sales for the hosting store... )