RuneQuest Classics - now available POD, and 25% off until the end of the year

MOB

1552904004_PODRQClassics.thumb.png.ae20501a5b546bc00c77bc05825356fa.png

The following RuneQuest Classic titles are now available in print! These are all fully-remastered editions, true to the original printing and presented in book form. Includes PDF. 

25% off - to December 31st, 2020

Please note, if you previously purchased one of these titles in PDF or received it through the RuneQuest Classic Kickstarter, there is NO discount to purchase the print version.

However, until the end of the year (December 31st, 2020) all RuneQuest Classic POD titles are 25% off. The 25% discount is applied at Checkout.

Ordering

• POD titles are printed and shipped by Lulu. It will take a minimum seven days for Lulu to print your order.
  • Shipping for our POD products is calculated separately from our other products as they ship directly from the Lulu warehouses (USA, UK, Australia) directly to your address. 
  • You will get notified via email as your order moves through the production and shipping process. 

RQG book

Note: Play with the new version! All the classic adventures can be enjoyed with RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha.
Curious about the difference? Check out our free conversion guide.

Edited by Rick Meints
soloquest available
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

• MOB featured and pinned this topic

Thanks so much for listening to those of us asking for POD versions and making them available. I've been wanting a physical copy of Pavis for a while, and picked up Trollpak & Griffin Mountain while I was at it. Really appreciate it, and I hope making these turns out worth your time and energy. :)

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

5 hours ago, Pierre said:

But shipping costs are high for a delivery in France.

Same here in western Canada: more than $90 in shipping for a dozen of those books. I can't figure out where Lulu's shipping centres are, though, so I don't know if there's much that can be done.

• Sad 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

28 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

Same here in western Canada: more than $90 in shipping for a dozen of those books. I can't figure out where Lulu's shipping centres are, though, so I don't know if there's much that can be done.

Ouch! Maybe the will come through the Canadian warehouse one day.

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

12 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Ouch! Maybe the will come through the Canadian warehouse one day.

While I won't say "never", that is unlikely. We only stock the Canadian warehouse with our high volume sellers.

Unfortunately, postage in Canada, especially to the more remote provinces, is seldom cheap. We are only charging what Lulu charges us for shipping.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

Thanks Chaosium!

Amazing to have these back in print, and at a sensible price too. These are going to be played with the new RQG edition for sure, I've put my order in!...Just one thing, could we please have alternative family histories for the classic timeline? Guess that would be a substantial bit of writing for the different cultures in Dragon Pass and Prax, but surely worth it to support this new/old surge of  classic material for RQG in POD?

• Like 1

Thank you Chaosium! You made my day. I ordered Trollpak (Yay!) adding Gateway Bestiary on top of that. Very tempted to order Big Rubble (not Pavis because I have the original boxed set) and maybe even Griffin Mountain. I do have the excellent Griffin Mountain Gloranthan Classic (and my old copy of the RQ3 Griffin Island box), but you never have enough Griffin Mountain!

You really deserve all the success you are having and more! As things develop with the various game lines they get better and better. 

Edit: When I ordered my copy of the Griffin Mountain Gloranthan Classic from @Rick Meints many, many years ago I wouldn't have ever imagined such a Chaosium Renaissance.   

Edited by smiorgan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

I had to hunt around, but it appears that Lulu ships their books from Mississauga, Ontario, for Canadian orders.

Thanks! I'm not surprised, Mississauga seems to be where all the warehouses and administrative offices are for the ENTIRETY OF CANADA. Pick any multinational, there's a 90% chance they have their Canadian stuff there :D  

Anyway, I'll take the plunge with a big order when the SoloQuest books are in.

• Haha 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

4 hours ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Just one thing, could we please have alternative family histories for the classic timeline? Guess that would be a substantial bit of writing for the different cultures in Dragon Pass and Prax, but surely worth it to support this new/old surge of  classic material for RQG in POD?

I’ve published 19 pages of family background for Sun County adventurers (starting play in 1615) in the back of Tales of the Sun County Militia: Sandheart Volume One. Out now in print and PDF formats from DriveThruRPG.

Although the end of my stories is always the same - and after that fiasco you ended up serving in the Sandheart Militia - it’d be easy enough to tweak the 1613 event table or Political Shenanigans results if you were running a non-Sandheart game in Sun County.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

I’ve published 19 pages of family background for Sun County adventurers (starting play in 1615) in the back of Tales of the Sun County Militia: Sandheart Volume One. Out now in print and PDF formats from DriveThruRPG.

Although the end of my stories is always the same - and after that fiasco you ended up serving in the Sandheart Militia - it’d be easy enough to tweak the 1613 event table or Political Shenanigans results if you were running a non-Sandheart game in Sun County.

Sun County you say *adds to list*  excellent 

• Thanks 1

Hmmm I just grabbed Pavis, Big Rubble, Borderlands, and Trollpak. Perhaps next month I might grab Griffin Mountain, Cults of Prax, Cults of Terror - that's my adolescent RQ fantasies covered!

Can't wait for them to arrive!!!

• Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 3 weeks later...

These are beautiful copies much more practical than the original box sets. I've just received Big Rubble and Borderlands and probably will buy Pavis and a few others to add to my collection. I love them. Paper is a slight tad on the thin side, please can someone please tell Lulu or whoever is responsible to use 90gsm paper not 80gsm but that's not Chaosiums fault. Also (I do not want to appear too negative here) they are not exact copies. The originals have three column layout and these have two columns, also possibly a different font?. I'm not sure this matters, not to me at least but its something to be aware of. These releases are really welcome and I appreciate it. Now how about some POD of some of the early Call of Cthulhu products???

• Like 1

We never intended these to be exact copies. To speed up the layout process for the books we decided from the beginning that all of these books would be done with the same format, style, fonts, and general look and feel. Recreating the erratic and quirky and constantly changing layout of the originals would have just taken more time. Some of the specific fonts don't exist electronically because they predate the digital era. We also cleaned up typos, incorporated errata, and added extra bits from magazines, and even unpublished material. 

As for more POD titles, we do them as we can.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.