Rune Quest Classic Campaign

Bill the barbarian

Seems like it is time. I will be putting together a RQ classic game with RQ G rules online. I own all the original in pdf and print... but seeing as the collection can now be replaced reasonably I have no reason not to do this. I do ask that you be new to the classic material, that you are not a rules lawyer and that you have a healthy respect for handwavium (it will definitely be in use to bridge the differences twixt the new and old game rules). Speaking of new and old I would love to have a combo... That is new to RQ. 

We will have a few episode 000 games to start and then...Odds are Apple Lane will be the starting point in 1611-13ish... A look at the year span will tell you we are not long for this area of DP... , The lands here will be on fire for sometime to come and many will die...

I would love to see this become a classic campaign and that means it could go for a while...so let’s see where can the party go after the one good low level classic module in the area? West or north NO! North east? No contacts, east ;maybe? South, no, You don’t have contacts that way either...  did I say that I had a few RQ classic games? So, I would recommend east to start. There are people you know. and if occupied at least the lands contain new occupiers who do not know you, your clan or family... perhaps you can fade into a crowd in Pavis or...Get away from the trouble brewing at home. Stay and you may end up submitting and surrendering to the occupiers, a life whipped, or rebel and win.... or more likely lose and be crucified or a slave. 

Why are you leaving, lack of a future in Sartar today, being sent on my family for safely (possibly to be ready when the rebellion has a chance), you killed a lunar or became a known rebel?  Life started so good with your successes at Apple Lane, now what? 

This should be all the railroading i will do, the modules might have a bit but that was the way it was before the really good modules started becoming the norm. Will I stay slavishly to the modules? (warning Borderlands will be one possible area to play, if so at first it will seem like a great deal of railrading but my 1st party through this area showed that to not be true. Ask me about it some day.) That said l i would prefer you to still not seek out clues and spoilers and be honourable about being new to the module. Or have read it so long ago you forget it... Yes @Joerg, I believe you. @EffStill interested in one of the first stops this should campaign should take as we discussed? Also. are you interested in Apple Lane?

The game is going to be lo-tech, theatre of the mind... Skye or Discord or.... basically voice maybe a dice bot. Pics and maps in a lo-tech way

MGF, if you wish and can help me make it so... yes, please, by the shovel full. That is, let's have fun, I know game can cause problems and friction and bad feelings and... but let’s not! MGF please!

I do not run large games and possibly have two people already. I do like players to have two characters of the same clan/family/neighbourhood if they wish and are able to play thme as individuals. or... one for play and oe for special circumstances or to replace the first if... four or five players should be good. 

In exchange I am interested in a playing RQ G in 1625....

PM me if interested.

Cheers!

Oh, week day mornings or early in the week in the eve, a couple of huors a week or  every two weeks before or after prime time Mountain Standard Time (GST-6). I have a poor wifi connection which is why I say lo-tech.

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 5

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Gonna suggest you take this elsewhither.

Not that you (or your game) are unwelcome here; but BRPC is short on folk who are new...  You'll just have a wider net if you cast it from other shores...

But will you post some AP's / play-reports back here?  Pretty please?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

I might also be interested .. timing permitted and time difference compatibility.. and I (unlike some who failed their deceit roll) haven’t read any of the above for at least 30 years and have just checked my bookcase and my copies have been stolen!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

What is RuneQuest and what is Glorantha? Am I  new enough?

Of course, the RQ in your RQ Fogey moniker means "Really Quiet" am I correct? Or "Right Quaint" or something else that isn't a dead giveaway like the name of the game?

Bill, you didn't read this reply. <Harmonize> "These are not the ducks you are seeking ..." (Sometimes this Chaos feature comes in handy.)

Edited by Anunnaki
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

What is RuneQuest and what is Glorantha? Am I  new enough?

Ah, now that is what I needed a serious answer! See g33k that is what I needed affirmation not negativity :)

Why with an answer like that Mr soltakss (if that is indeed your name) it would seem you are a little green around the gills... May I call you Mr Newtling... for surely that is your real name isn’t it? J’accuse, my green friend, j'accuse!

Mr Newtling here has been around for awhile trying to pass himself off as a newbie by the name of young soltakss but I am on to his ploys! Away with you, good sir, away!

40 minutes ago, Nozbat said:

I might also be interested .. timing permitted and time difference compatibility.. and I (unlike some who failed their deceit roll) haven’t read any of the above for at least 30 years and have just checked my bookcase and my copies have been stolen!!!

That is a tragic story now! I would ask Mr Newtiling here for his whereabouts at the time of this unfortunate event.

Sure, timing permitting, send me a PM if you decide to join in or ask questions here.

7 minutes ago, Anunnaki said:

Bill, you didn't read this reply. <Harmonize> "These are not the ducks you have been seeking ..." (Sometimes this Chaos feature comes in handy.)

Now that is a serious applicant!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Anunnaki said:

Of course, the RQ in your RQ Fogey moniker means "Really Quiet" am I correct? Or "Right Quaint" or something else that isn't a dead giveaway like the name of the game?

Reginald Quinton Fogey, if you please.

• Haha 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Well awesome, we are getting near a game, Room for two more...

So, I figure it is time to address a question I have already asked myself. What’s the score on sharing copyright material in google docs that belong to material you have bought. Were I at a table, passing around a pic is easy, or just holding it up, or putting it in the middle of the table for reference. But online, hmm? @Rick Meintsor @MOBcould you be of assistance with this question?, What good sirs are the rules governing the use for a Theatre of the Mind style Spype call game using materials like maps, pics of encountered NPCs and areas visited, text detailing customs and homelands all in a google doc. Is it "Don't ever"... "Destry after use" and "do not allow editing or copying" (don’t know if the last is possible). I assume if it says player aids than that should be okay but is there text that should accompany such items.  I also assume if I write my own copy and draw my own maps, bob’s yer uncle!

Anyway thanks in advance!

Cheers

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 10:26 PM, Bill the barbarian said:

Well awesome, we are getting near a game, Room for two more...

So, I figure it is time to address a question I have already asked myself. What’s the score on sharing copyright material in google docs that belong to material you have bought. Were I at a table, passing around a pic is easy, or just holding it up, or putting it in the middle of the table for reference. But online, hmm? @Rick Meintsor @MOBcould you be of assistance with this question?, What good sirs are the rules governing the use for a Theatre of the Mind style Spype call game using materials like maps, pics of encountered NPCs and areas visited, text detailing customs and homelands all in a google doc. Is it "Don't ever"... "Destry after use" and "do not allow editing or copying" (don’t know if the last is possible). I assume if it says player aids than that should be okay but is there text that should accompany such items.  I also assume if I write my own copy and draw my own maps, bob’s yer uncle!

Anyway thanks in advance!

Cheers

What days and times are you thinking of this? I live in an Easter Standard Time zone. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, allenowen said:

What days and times are you thinking of this? I live in an Easter Standard Time zone. 

Early evening MST for a couple of hours in the early week, days to change...I would like to play every week, but we will see. Did you give the first post a good read to see if this is for you.

57 minutes ago, allenowen said:

Careful, Bill!  Looks like this'un doesn't want to play a Duck, he wants to play a Bunny!!!

• Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

53 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Early evening MST for a couple of hours in the early week, days to change...I would like to play every week, but we will see. Did you give the first post a good read to see if this is for you.

I have the two adventure books for RQG and the slipcase set, as well as the Glorantha Sourcebook, which I haven't read all of yet. I am not very familiar with the lore or the classic stuff. I have no issue with playing in the era described. I just want to see the RQG rules in action.

7 hours ago, allenowen said:

I don't get it...

Just in case you really didn't get it, Easter Standard Time is for Bunnies (Easter Bunny), whereas Eastern Standard Time covers the East Coast of the USA.

• Haha 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

16 hours ago, allenowen said:

have no issue with playing in the era described. I just want to see the RQG rules in action.

We are starting a possible campaign and this will be are first extended look at the rules rather using them for one offs. Not sure our short little games will be a good example or demo of the rules in “action" as we will be using this as a test to be sure we got the rules right ourselves but more often then not we will be waving away tech problems during play (and looking them rules up in the time between games). rather than flipping through page after page of rules. You might be better served in that goal pf yours with short games and one-offs.

Now assuming I am wrong, perhaps this is actually what you might be interested in, give me a Personal Message (PM) and lets see what we got.

22 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Bunnies and Barrows, I'm in!

Careful, y'all... the Canadian accent can be deceptive, eh?

(But I ... clarified... his intention)

Edited by g33k
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 8 months later...

Hijacking, this thread with the intent to stay on topic, (is that allowed?).

Summer game opportunity. 

I will be looking for 2 to 4 players (newcomers, please as I am running old classic games) for a possible 6 week session. One or two games with a one episode zero to meet and decide which direction we want our one/two shot game to go. I intend to use pregens from the RQ RiG book seeing as it is such a chore to roll new ones and we are only playing one or two scenarios.

Also still desperately (now closing in on one year, curse that unnamed GM who turned me down thrice without a reason) looking for a game of Six Seasons in Sartar to play in.