Amateur scenario publishing questions

klecser

Hey all,

I'm getting close to putting my first scenario up on the Repository. It is called Test Subjects and my goals are simply to contribute something to the Community, celebrate the game, and accomplish something that I've thought about doing for a long time.

Here are my questions from a fan to fans:

1) I've done all the maps and handouts for the scenario myself. I'll be crediting myself for "maps," but one of the Handouts is a bit of graphic design. I'm not sure I feel comfortable calling myself an "artist" for the credits. Does doing art, no matter the medium, qualify me for an "artist" credit? I don't want to offend artists in the audience if there is some aspect of artist credits that I may not understand. I'm not a professional artist. Should I credit myself as "Additional Art?"

2) The scenario breaks down like this:

4 pages: Cover page, title page, credits, table of contents

14 pages: Scenario text

1 page: Keeper aides

5 pages: Collected Handouts and portraits

Is my "advertised" scenario length 24 pages (all of it)? 20 pages (exclude beginning pages)? 14 pages (just the meat of the scenario)? I don't want to be the guy who inflates his page count with fluff pages if there is a standard.

3) How much should I spoil in the "blurb" on DTRPG? Leave the Mythos threat out of that text? The PDF preview will have the setup so anyone can read "The Horrible Truth" and get the basic idea of the scenario.

Edited by klecser

1. Layout or Design are perfectly good alternatives. I go with Cartography for maps

2. Covers are generally are not included, but everything else sure. 

3. Everyone will see the blurb so don't give too much away, just enough to hook a Keeper into buying. On DTRPG you can specify how many pages are previewed. 

But that's me and others will have different ideas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1