Great Race of Yith vs. Flying Polyps?

SteveMND

So, was anyone familiar with the 'war' these two fought?  Most of the stuff I've found has been vague in the extreme, and I was wanting to write a scenario which focused on one of the "reinforced trap-doors" behind which the Great Race tried to imprison them. Or really anything about the conflicts between them, etc.?  I can invent stuff, of course, but would always prefer to build on 'official' or pre-established material if available.  Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Chapter 6 of "Terror Australis 2nd ed" has quite a lot of information (about 10 pages) for you to build upon and expand regarding the Yithians, Pnakotus & Flying Polyps. Definitely worth for getting the PDF or, even better, the book!
Also, the Australia chapter of "Masks of Nyarlathotep" has a fantastic description of various areas of the underground city. Great stuff, great resource material!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm currently writing a scenario that features a Mythos threat that has been written about a lot, but there are definitely some areas that can be expanded upon. I like this idea of what "weird tech" alien species have access to that could be used to write scenarios around... ;)