Milk-chocolate RQG with a smooth peanut-butter CoC center

SteveMND

So, a question for folks. First off, I love the current RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha edition. However, when I first heard they were going to planning to do a new version of RuneQuest, I honestly was expecting it to be modeled using a variation of the amazing 7th edition of Call of Cthulhu that had recently come out just prior to the announcement (as opposed to using RQ's 2nd edition as their new baseline).

So, that said, I am curious: has anyone tried some variations of RQ using something modeled more on the CoC rules? Obviously, some things wouldn't work, and the crunch 'flavor' of the ruleset would be different, but I was curious if anyone had played around with that idea yet, and if so, how did it work out?

Thanks in advance!
  • Thanks 1

I haven't done it yet, but I have been seriously thinking about it, i.e. to "modernize" the RQG rules a bit in some places, using CoC 7e as an inspiration. So while I don't have anything concrete to share yet (only vague untested ideas that I'm not even happy about yet), I'll be following this thread closely :)  If I ever get somewhere, I'll post back, but I can offer feedback and comments since I have been thinking about it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

Well, there seems to be some interest, so I guess what I can do is share what I've started on, if anyone is interested or wants to comment/suggest ideas.  I've only just started and it's all very much in flux and obviously a WIP, but here you all go:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZfUEtfvChdoK3z9UOrejaHET3fH6lUj_h4SOeUy1nhE/edit?usp=sharing

8 hours ago, SteveMND said:

Well, there seems to be some interest, so I guess what I can do is share what I've started on, if anyone is interested or wants to comment/suggest ideas.

I started commenting on it! I hope it helps. I'll have more comments soon.

(if you prefer the conversation to happen here, I can copy my comments over!)

This actually gave me a little push to resume work on my own version!  (although we could collaborate on a joint one if you're into that)

Edited by lordabdul

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !