Runequest and vtt integration

Tentacled Whisperer

4 hours ago, Skurn said:

Hi as most of Europe starts to lockdown again thanks to covid, I'm looking for systems with good vtt integration. I see there's a character sheet on roll20 but no compendium etc. Which is a shame as other games seem a lot more integrated. Any thoughts on this? Anything been announced? 

Not as far as I know. The character sheet is fairly good but hasn’t been updated in a while (and has some issues). Roll20 works reasonably well with that sheet, but GM prep time will tend to be high & the lack of scales on many maps doesn’t help. 

• Like 1

I wonder if the ambiguity about some of the basic rules In the core book, may have been an earlier stumbling block? Though that shouldn’t be a problem now as I think thats all been ironed out through the Q&A. 

Speaking of which an updated core with all the rules clarifications, would be a good idea in the not too distant future, make good use of all that Q&A work 😉

• Like 2

9 hours ago, allenowen said:

I'd love to see someone work up something for Foundry. Alas, I lack the coding skills..

I played in a session at PAX earlier this year which was run on Foundry.  The GM, a top bloke called Manuel Molinier, was using Foundry and I believe he said he had built the integration himself.  It worked very nicely.  There were a few bugs, but it was still a work in progress and I was very impressed.

• Like 1

I agree, the group I am playing with is using Roll 20 - which has a good character sheet and you can use the initiative tracker for strike ranks - but it would be great to have some 'official' support. I look at the D&D and CoC support and wish there was something similar for RQG. I know it is still early days for the relaunched game but it would be nice to know that planned official support for at least one of the VTT platforms was under consideration...

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, David Scott said:

Astral TableTop - https://astraltabletop.com

I haven't gotten deep into *ANY* vtt as yet.

I will say that the Astral tutorial/demo/sample for new users was MUCH better (easier, more user-friendly, more-advanced features with less of a learning-curve) than the Roll20 I also signed up for, and tried.  I cannot speak to either site's "finished product" experience, because I haven't delved deeply into either one.  Those are the only 2 I've really tried.

C'es ne pas un .sig

6 hours ago, allenowen said:

There's at least one template that's been created for Astral, but until it passes the Astral developers check and has been approved by Chaosium, it's not publicly available yet.

A "template" for what?  Simple character-sheet?  A "live" character-sheet that can roll skills by name, handle Augments, etc?  Full-on char-gen?  Or...?

C'es ne pas un .sig

I'm working on a framework for MapTool, with any luck in a few weeks I should have "something" to show. Have most modifiers, hit points, damage bonuses and such being auto calculated with macros, but no fancy character sheet interface yet with spell adding, inventory etc. Combat macros aren't there yet either. So lots to do. :)

7 hours ago, g33k said:

A "template" for what?  Simple character-sheet?  A "live" character-sheet that can roll skills by name, handle Augments, etc?  Full-on char-gen?  Or...?

I think a character sheet. You can create "Actions" from the character sheet for dice rolling. I think they are just macros, really. I have no idea what is in the template, as it is not public.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, allenowen said:

Astral has people working on RuneQuest Glorantha ...

8 hours ago, CthulhuCat said:

I'm working on a framework for MapTool ...

6 hours ago, Trotsky said:

... Foundry ... looks like there is some activity there too ...

Well DAY-um!

With a touch of luck, we're about to be spoiled for choices!!!

C'es ne pas un .sig

I have a running "personal" system for Foundry VTT. Even the Character Sheet plus basic automation is not cleared for sharing by Chaosium and so will remain a "private" system.

Unless a license is secured with Chaosium, no compendium will ever be provided on VTT as it would be a clear breach of Chaosium IP. Each person would have to work on their own compendium for their campaign.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, astaroth said:

I have a running "personal" system for Foundry VTT. Even the Character Sheet plus basic automation is not cleared for sharing by Chaosium and so will remain a "private" system.

Unless a license is secured with Chaosium, no compendium will ever be provided on VTT as it would be a clear breach of Chaosium IP. Each person would have to work on their own compendium for their campaign.

A solution would be for chaosium to produce their own vtt. Id have thought it would be on their radar what with covid etc. Could be a gold mine if handled correctly.