The Troupe of Terror — Monster of the Month #10

Crel

This month's issue of Monster of the Month is now available — Happy Halloween!

Content Warning: This supplement contains themes of grisly horror and violence. Gamemasters are encouraged to confer with their players before bringing this material to their group's game.

The Troupe of Terror presents a gang of six man-eating ogres with which the gamemaster can terrorize their players. Woken to Illumination by the magical performances of the Puppeteer Troupe, they represent the worst evils enabled by that mystical consciousness. Now, these ogres roam Dragon Pass in the guise of minstrels and clowns wielding the reality-warping illusions of the Puppeteer.

This supplement includes:

• A sketch of Illumination and Puppeteer magic, including markers to where the interested reader can learn more.
  • Three adventure seeds to help introduce the Troupe into your game of RuneQuest.
  • Six antagonists with a variety of skills, magics, and stories.

A Note: there's fair odds I'll expand this a bit in the next few days or weeks. I've got a short story in the works I'd like to include but I'm not quite satisfied with, and of course I still need to add the printer-friendly versions at the back of the PDF.

About this Series: Monster of the Month is a series of new bestiary entries for Chaosium's RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. In addition to statblocks and behavior, most entries will include supplemental detail and advice for gamemasters and/or new adventurer options for players.

558097150_troupecoversmall.thumb.jpg.49645d8ba94bf979f5b0b2c63c318a44.jpg

• Like 2

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

7 minutes ago, g33k said:

Simon's Dorastor book has finally got an awesomly-horrific peer...

I steered away from clowns in Secrets of Dorastor. I didn't want to actually scare people.

• Haha 3

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here