Guardians of the Holy Country

Martin

Does anyone know or care to speculate in the names of the six gaurdians of the Holy Country that were defeated by Belintar and used by him as the "Patchwork God" and subesuqently released after Belinar's severing by Jar Eel.

I am guessing the God Forgot one is Aran Derulia? (from Esrolia LoTTG) which Jar Eel takes and makes her own...

what happens to the other guardians?

Also what happens to the chained power of Movement (Larnste?) once the chain fetering him to Belintar is broken

5 hours ago, Martin said:

Does anyone know or care to speculate in the names of the six gaurdians of the Holy Country that were defeated by Belintar and used by him as the "Patchwork God" and subesuqently released after Belinar's severing by Jar Eel.

I am guessing the God Forgot one is Aran Derulia? (from Esrolia LoTTG) which Jar Eel takes and makes her own...

Isn't that rather the land goddess of the archipelago?

The six guardians show up in the fight against the Wolf Pirates in 1616 in the Prince of Sartar webcomic, and get defeated and temporarily dispelled by Harrek. Then comes the Kraken, and more violence ensues.

I don't think that Belintar incorporated the guardians themselves into his Godking gestalt, but he did integrate the runic conduits of magical energies governing those Sixths into that. The Guardians may be seen as expressions of those runes, but then, they are but aspects of that.

The Lunar/Man Rune stuff Jar-eel takes for herself is control over that conduit for Lunar energies, and I don't mean Red Goddess-style cyclical magic, rather older Blue Moon stuff tied to tides and secrets. Stuff the Lunar Empire has been lacking before.

what happens to the other guardians?

They remain with their Sixths. That moon-headed Man Rune thing from God Forgot remains, too, as far as I can tell. But whichever "worship" the God Forgotten activities generate now feeds a little off to Jar-eel as if she was conducting the worship service.

Also what happens to the chained power of Movement (Larnste?) once the chain fettering him to Belintar is broken

It latches on to Broyan of the Volsaxi until 1625. And possibly to other Larnsti. After 1627 (when Argrath steps up as protector of Heortland by fighting Harrek to a standstill) it may help Argrath become the magical heir of Sartar the hero, too.

• Like 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis

3 hours ago, Joerg said:

It latches on to Broyan of the Volsaxi until 1625. And possibly to other Larnsti.

Or more likely, its freedom allowed Broyan to find the Sword and Helm and perform his quests successfully.

But with Broyan's death, that "spirit" should once again be free.  And I'd leave any opportunities to discover/engage with it to future scenarios - that's the stuff PC's should get to do!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Or more likely, its freedom allowed Broyan to find the Sword and Helm and perform his quests successfully.

But with Broyan's death, that "spirit" should once again be free.  And I'd leave any opportunities to discover/engage with it to future scenarios - that's the stuff PC's should get to do!

That should be covered under "and possibly to other Larnsti". The magic is likely to end up somewhere in the weird mix of magics that congregate in the Sartar Magical Union, and will thus be ascribed to and probably available to Argrath.

Player characters could very well run the cult of the Larnsti. Or some other such new/old magic.

It would be nice to have some idea published how to run such a game as a GM. There are hints about doing such a thing in the hero band of Dernu and Gernu and later the Eaglebrown Warlocks in the Sartar Rising campaign material. But to GM such a game, you need either a very good confidence in your grasp of the setting and the rules, or very good support material. Ideally both, the former stemming from the latter.

• Like 3

Telling how it is excessive verbis

• 4 months later...
On 11/12/2020 at 2:20 AM, Martin said:

Saw the title of this Topic and thought I could be of assistance... that would be Drax, Gamora, Rocket Racoon, Girl with Antennae AKA Mantis, and Jason Quill/Starlord... oh and Groot.

• Haha 2

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!