Q&A's with the new BRP author version 2.0

Trifletraxor

Rather than having a bunch of individual skills like Chemistry, Physics, Metallurgy, etc. you have Science (Chemistry), Science (Physics), Science (Metallurgy), etc. This also makes it easier to determine potential cross-skill bonuses, such as if your Science (Chemistry) skill might add a bonus to your Science (Metallurgy) skill.

If I understand what you've done, that's a sound approach; it also allows one to add new sciences at need without having to decide if that's an intended result.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason,

There was some discussion a while back about armour types and you mentioned it went all the way from your actual primitive hides upto power armour etc with differing armour values.

Does the book address what kind of metal/material the armour is made of ? For example RQ2/3 used a Bronze standard, with Iron giving you more AP per location and Copper giving you less and so on. Does the book go into that kind of stuff ?

Does the book address what kind of metal/material the armour is made of ? For example RQ2/3 used a Bronze standard, with Iron giving you more AP per location and Copper giving you less and so on. Does the book go into that kind of stuff ?

It doesn't go into that detail - that's mostly a setting issue.

The assumption (unspoken, I guess) is that the materials are those appropriate to the setting - so it would be bronze for an ancient Greek setting, iron for a later period, and even steel for a much later era.

A setting sourcebook where differences in metallurgy are significant to the setting would address this directly.

My French ended at high-school level and I can barely remember a hundred words, and I didn't have access to the Oriflam materials.

I don't have your problems, but as I don't have the original one, I can't compare and tell you the differences.

Runequestement votre,

Kloster

It's a combo of all three, including the one from Stormbringer (if I remember correctly).

Thanks.

Is it built to some sort of underlyiying formula or eye-balled? (sorry, working on ship/vehicle combat ideas:D)

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Hello Jason,

Is the Power Points reserve (the new name of magic points) unique for all the powers? What I mean is that IF somebody (depending on setting) has both Psionics and Magic, has he 1 reserve of points for both set of powers, or 1 reserve for each of the sets?

Runequestement votre,

Kloster

Is the Power Points reserve (the new name of magic points) unique for all the powers? What I mean is that IF somebody (depending on setting) has both Psionics and Magic, has he 1 reserve of points for both set of powers, or 1 reserve for each of the sets?

Power points are the generic version of magic points. They fuel everything. There are notes that if the GM is running a fantasy campaign, he/she can change the name to magic points, or a supers game might have them as energy points, but they're the same reservoir.

The rules explicitly advise against using different pools for different power types.