Playing Runequest on Roll20

Beorne

20 hours ago, dvdmacateer said:

This macro will popup a dialog asking for a strike rank and will add the token to the end of the turn order.  As far as I am aware there is no way of sorting the turn order with a macro. 

&{template:turnOrder} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{sr=[[?{SR|0} &{tracker}]]}} {{sr2=?{SR|0}}} 

And.... added to both my games as token actions. Which means that they can't appear until a token is selected.

The image below shows how to set up a common macro to appear as a token action only. 

Token Not Macro.PNG

5 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

That initiate Macro is great/

Another Roll20 Quality of life Macro I would love is a POW vrs POW (POW of current token vrs enter POW from popup).  But I suck at macro writing.

Two popups

/roll 1d100<[[((?{Active|10}-?{Passive|10})*5)+50]]

or

[[1d100<[[(((?{Active|10}-?{Passive|10})*5)+50)]]]]

The current token is active 

/roll 1d100<[[((@{selected|curpow}-?{Passive|10})*5)+50]]

or

[[1d100<[[(((@{selected|curpow}-?{Passive|10})*5)+50)]]]]

The current token is passive 

/roll 1d100<[[((?{Active|10}-@{selected|curpow})*5)+50]]

or

[[1d100<[[(((?{Active|10}-@{selected|curpow})*5)+50)]]]]

• Thanks 1

Okay, wise minds of Roll20, resources...

I see Dario has many tokens, How are they, useful?

Their are some (what looks to be) pretty good adventurer sheets. How about squad sheets? Surely I do not want to fill out whole sheets for multiple foes.

Is this about all for Roll20?

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Bill,

Some notes on how I use the Tokens myself.

For Multiple copies of the same opponent (e.g. Generic Broo) I have one character sheet linked yo the token, I can then pull out multiple copies of the token, by dragging the name to the map space.  I have the 3 circles setup manually, red tracks total HP, Yellow tracks MP, and Green melee SR (newly added).  I then track any specific location HP or Weapon HP damage as part of the token's GM notes.  I also add icons to indicate status - Red circle means bleeding, "snail" means slowed (usually 1 leg <0), and "discord rune"  I usually put up on a befuddled opponent.  Thus I don't need squad sheets.  The updates to the NPC sheets will prove very useful as up till now I've had to put these generic opponents in using the full character sheet, and just leave most of the sheet un-populated.

The PC's Tokens I have setup to automatically track their HP and MP, from what is entered in the character sheet however.  This helps me know as a GM when I've been hitting the PCs too hard and perhaps need to backoff a little - not that I need to do this much now as the PCs are approaching Rune Lord status (3 are already Rune Priest).

Sometimes I decide to use different tokens for the same unit, this takes more time (to setup the page) as each Token has to be manually loaded, set to size, and configured (e.g. with sight/light if dynamic lighting is being used) - this is useful in some cases - actually used it for broo last time as each broo had a different chaos feature - and I wanted to know which one was going to reflect spells back at the PC's.

Being able to drag the buttons from the character sheet is going to help now too - as I don't have to open each character sheet to finds the melee attack die.  In most encounters once things get established into melee there isn't much to do except melee attack!

Chris

14 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

Bill,

.  I have the 3 circles setup manually, red tracks total HP, Yellow tracks MP, and Green melee SR (newly added).  I then track any specific location HP or Weapon HP damage as part of the token's GM notes.  I also add icons to indicate status - Red circle means bleeding, "snail" means slowed (usually 1 leg <0), and "discord rune"  I usually put up on a befuddled opponent.  

Chris

You can create a customer set of token markers to reduce the number of tokens you have to dig through get to the ones you use. https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Markers

4 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Thanks dvdmacateer - I should be able to dress those up and include one or two versions in my Roll20 game now.

Here is my script after dressing it up:

&{template:skillRoll}{{name=@{selected|token_name}}}{{skillvalue=[[((@{selected|curpow}-?{Passive|10})*5)+50]]}}{{fumble=[[{(101-(round((100-(((@{selected|curpow}-?{Passive|10})*5)+50))/20))),100}kl1]]}}{{crit=[[round((((@{selected|curpow}-?{Passive|10})*5)+50)/20)+1]]}}{{special=[[round((((@{selected|curpow}-?{Passive|10})*5)+50)/5)+1]]}}{{success=[[((@{selected|curpow}-?{Passive|10})*5)+50]]}}{{roll=[[1d100]]}}{{skillname=POW v POW}} 

Hope someone else finds that useful

Chris

• Thanks 1

For Multiple copies of the same opponent (e.g. Generic Broo) I have one character sheet linked yo the token, I can then pull out multiple copies of the token, by dragging the name to the map space. 

yeah, that makes a lot of  sense.

Sometimes I decide to use different tokens for the same unit, this takes more time (to setup the page) as each Token has to be manually loaded, set to size, and configured (e.g. with sight/light if dynamic lighting is being used) - this is useful in some cases - actually used it for broo last time as each broo had a different chaos feature - and I wanted to know which one was going to reflect spells back at the PC's.

Is there a GM visible only part of the tokens pages?

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Is there a GM visible only part of the tokens pages?

Yes - Rt clicking on a token (by GM) allows you to move the token between the various layers (you can aslo multi select several tokes and move them between layers as a group).  Moving a Token to the GM layers makes it unseen in the player interface.  There are 3 Layers Tokens can be on - Map (effectively becoming a part of the map, eg adding statues, beds, etc), Token (The main interaction layer), and GM (Hidden Tokens) - there is another layer used for Dynamic Lighting, which is used to mark walls etc to limit sight and light, but play can occur without using the dynamic lighting layer.

On 7/18/2021 at 7:55 AM, dvdmacateer said:

A couple of useful macros based on new roll templates.  Both of these require a token to be selected.

This macro will popup a dialog asking for a strike rank and will add the token to the end of the turn order.  As far as I am aware there is no way of sorting the turn order with a macro. 

&{template:turnOrder} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{sr=[[?{SR|0} &{tracker}]]}} {{sr2=?{SR|0}}} 

I tried this, and it works great, with one exception.  If you try to add a second entry on the Turn Order for a token, it just replaced the one that was already there.  An example where this would be used is a character that can shoot a bow  multiple times in a round.  Is there any way to add multiple entries for a single token?

2 hours ago, Marc said:

I tried this, and it works great, with one exception.  If you try to add a second entry on the Turn Order for a token, it just replaced the one that was already there.  An example where this would be used is a character that can shoot a bow  multiple times in a round.  Is there any way to add multiple entries for a single token?

Not as far as I know. However, the convenience of this is enough that my suggestion to my players will be “Add your first action, then when it happens select the token action again and enter the SR of the second action.” Then it’s relatively simple for me to drag the updated action into order. 

Ive also set up fixed items in my turn order for Declaration of Intent, Movement of Non-Engaged. I also set up dynamic items for Current Round (an incrementing counter at the start of the order) & decrementing counters for Spirit Magic (at the end of the order). These update by +/- 1 whenever they reach the top and I hit next. 

Anyone interested in seeing screenshots for how these are set up? I can do that when I get home from work. 

8 hours ago, Marc said:

We have no control of that without an API script  because its based on the token selected.  If you want another action  you have to drag another token from the sheet. The other option is as Chris J and  Arcadiagt5 suggest, set the Strike Ranks as custom items and then move the tokens around like those SR boards. You can add an MR tracker as well https://wiki.roll20.net/Turn_Tracker#Custom_Item that will will increment/decrement but make it a negative number so that it stays at the top and subtract from it .

Edited by dvdmacateer

If you want to change the the turn order SR value because of movement or spell casting and you don't want to to do the math(s) this [[?{mod|0} &{tracker:+}]] will add to the current value rather than replacing it.

If you have a PRO subscription here is script created by The Aaron that will allow you add turn order values such as 3/7 using a macro.  You can do this manually  but i can get fiddly and if you try and do this with macro it will add a decimal.    https://github.com/Lockbox313/R20-Scripts/blob/main/RTT/rtt.js                                               
!rtt  ?{SRs|3/8}   Ask for SRs. 

!rtt  @{selected|bar3}        Take the SR from a token bubble  

!rtt @{selected|ready_wpn}  Ready missile weapon

!rtt @{selected|unready_wpn}  Unready missile weapon

!rtt @{dex_srm} Dex SR

This will overwrite the existing entry. 

I have feeling there is another script that will allow multiple instances of the same token, maybe TokendMod. 

Edited by dvdmacateer

Here is another script by The Aaron  that will add multiple instances of the a token to the turn order. It is written for final fantasy 4 so that this why the name but is not connected to a final fantasy 4 character sheet in anyway. https://github.com/Lockbox313/R20-Scripts/blob/main/RTT/ff4init.js

If you have selected token this will add 3 tokens at the SRs shown. Not sure what the limits are for the number of tokens. 

!ff4init [[1]] [[4]] [[7]]

Edited by dvdmacateer

2 hours ago, dvdmacateer said:

I changed the script for multiple turn order entries so api script so that it is invoked by using   !multisr rather than !ff4init.  try this out on a test game first. 
https://github.com/Lockbox313/R20-Scripts/blob/main/RTT/multisr.js

I assume all of those require a Pro subscription.  I'd thought about that awhile, but have decided not to go with it for now.  Thanks for the suggestions, if I do end up with a Pro subscription, I'll look into them

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marc said:

I assume all of those require a Pro subscription.  I'd thought about that awhile, but have decided not to go with it for now.  Thanks for the suggestions, if I do end up with a Pro subscription, I'll look into them

I am with Marc, the hobby is quite pricey as is, a savings here and there is not a bad idea.

I was thinking of making life easy for my players and take all the common spells and make handouts of them. There are only 12 after all. To be neat I put them all in a folder. So I open them up, and all is good, but if I should close one, the only way to reopen it is to exit the game and the re-launch. Is this normal and is there a way to avoid this or can one just not close a handout. 

The players have not arrived yet, so it is all made out to me.

image.png.6e9327ad24f705f6adb12645b3d384a4.png 

Edited by Bill the barbarian

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

I was thinking of making life easy for my players and take all the common spells and make handouts of them. There are only 12 after all. To be neat I put them all in a folder. So I open them up, and all is good, but if I should close one, the only way to reopen it is to exit the game and the re-launch. Is this normal and is there a way to avoid this or can one just not close a handout. 

Hmm.  I've never had that problem, and couldn't recreate it, so no idea of how to help with that. 

I can offer some PDF files I created for running one-shots.  I've got a Discord server that I use for those, and I uploaded PDFs with the character handouts from the rules, descriptions of the spirit magic and cult specific spells each character has, descriptions of the 12 common Rune magic spells, and descriptions of the Runes.  If you like, I'll send you an invite link to it.  All the pinned files are in the #characterinfo text channel.  Or, if you want to be able to edit them, I can zip up the Word documents for the description files and send them to you.

2 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

For something similar I stole...er... adapted a table in Yozarian's Bandit Ducks into a single handout. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

image.png.6e9327ad24f705f6adb12645b3d384a4.png 

This is an issue on Chrome only and effects handouts and character sheets that have been popped out. It was reported to Roll20 back in October and they have yet to acknowledge it in any meaningful manner never mind actually resolving it. 

• Thanks 2