Atomic Age Cthulhu

GothmogIV

Salutations, squamous ones. I seek resources related to Atomic Age Cthulhu. After a looooonnnnngggg hiatus playing CoC, me and my merry band of victims are back at it playing 7e. I find that the 1920s are a bit lackluster for us, since we've pretty much always played in that era. Any suggestions or stuff you could point me toward would be most appreciated. I have recently been watching Lovecraft Country, and while I'm not going near the race issue, the era seems fruitful. Or fruiting-body full. You get the idea. 

• Like 1

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - not my favourite Jones film, but it makes a half decent attempt to capture the paranoia and weirdness of the times. The Soviets put a substantial effort into Telepathy and ESP research, so it is reasonable that in a CoC world they might have met with some success, at who knows what awful price. 

Edited by EricW
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 11:48 AM, GothmogIV said:

Salutations, squamous ones. I seek resources related to Atomic Age Cthulhu. After a looooonnnnngggg hiatus playing CoC, me and my merry band of victims are back at it playing 7e. I find that the 1920s are a bit lackluster for us, since we've pretty much always played in that era. Any suggestions or stuff you could point me toward would be most appreciated. I have recently been watching Lovecraft Country, and while I'm not going near the race issue, the era seems fruitful. Or fruiting-body full. You get the idea. 

This feels eminently suited to Pulp 

If you're willing to convert scenarios from allied games, Cthulhu Confidential and Fall of Delta Green include scenarios set from the late 1940s to the 1970s. Neither goes much into the 1950s, but you could always tweak things fairly easily. CC is solo scenarios, but I find they're easily adapted to group play if you have a knack for balancing encounters.

Oh, and another I came close to forgetting.  An old show 60's called The Invaders. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Invaders

Another 60s show, but to be realistic about it.  I co-opt stuff from the 60s all the time for use in FoDG 50s games.  The look and feel of the 50s and 60s is close enough none of my players ever noticed.  The suit was still normal wear and technology in common use was near the same.  If you suffer from nitpickers, you might run into an issue here and there.  But over all yiu can find more 60s material than 50s, so I go with it.

• Like 1