Out now: The Red Book of Magic, the ultimate guide to magic in RuneQuest

MOB

• MOB featured and pinned this topic
35 minutes ago, eyraud said:

YAY!

However...The Vigor spell contain the same text as is in RQ:RiG and not the corrected text from the errata... 😕

(it's the only bit I've checked so far)

Please post any typos or errors spotted in this corrections thread, thanks:

Interesting spells throughout.

Call upon Stars makes a pretty versatile magician.

Surprised to see Basko's spells in the Red Book.   Suggests he's found west of Kralorela.

The Golden Fleece spell has an interesting description "If the sheep is not sheared, it will shed the golden fleece over the subsequent year".  RW domesticated sheep do not shed.  While their wild counterparts do, humans breed their sheep so that they retain their wool so that it has to be sheared every spring.  Clearly gloranthan sheep are not so cursed.

Meteor Swarm for the Win!

6 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Looks good but have I the right to say I spotted the first edit? The Magic Rune has been replaced throughout with a box (surely this should be a stylized R?).

.1313045224_ScreenShot2020-12-16at6_31_25PM.png.c4d35954fb81847c2d42a05711d96e92.png 

I guess the rune font used in the PDF is not the rune font  intended in the drafts, and the mapping of rune characters is different. Fire/sky appears as Moon, and Chaos appears as Fate throughout as well

Edited by Byll
misspelled rune the first time

4 hours ago, Jokum said:

The Picture of contents says the book has 15pages about ancestral spirits but description does not mention what it is  about...

So what is it about 😅

That's a misreading. The ToC says Ancestral Spirits are on page 88. Like the other sections dropped into the Rune Spell Descriptions (which make up the bulk of the book), they take up just one page: page 88 itself. The Rune Spell Descriptions continue through page 104.

That Ancestral Spirits page includes the Ancestral Summons table (RQG p.342) and the Ancestral Spirit Spells table (RQG p.343), with some text slightly tweaked (e.g. it's now clear that ancestors have INT as well as POW & CHA, and their Rune Points aren't necessarily restricted to Daka Fal cult special spells). It is too early in the morning for me to check whether these tweaks are in any previously published errata, because hunting for RuneQuest errata is my idea of no fun at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urhizen said:

Sorry about the offtopic but, Where are the links? I have entered my account and there are no links anywhere from my PDFs purchases 😕

I thought I had the same issue. You just click on the title in the orders page, and it should take you to a downloadable link.

edit: though I still haven’t received the email with the links that are is usually sent out.

Edited by Paid a bod yn dwp

This book has made me realize that the GGG is going to be even bigger than I thought, so much Chaos spells show there will be a lot of Chaos cults there too, and there are mentions to cults so small, and to various subcults, I can hardly contain the anticiation.

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

1 hour ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

I thought I had the same issue. You just click on the title in the orders page, and it should take you to a downloadable link.

edit: though I still haven’t received the email with the links that are is usually sent out.

Hi, thanks for your answer. But i mean this, in my orders page there aren't any dowload links. Yesterday there where.

order.png

Click on the Order # -- that should be a link that takes you to clicky download links for each product in that order.

The emails will come eventually: I bought the book this morning, and received the email with links just now.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

Click on the Order # -- that should be a link that takes you to clicky download links for each product in that order.

The emails will come eventually: I bought the book this morning, and received the email with links just now.  

Problem solved, thank you very much! What a noob 😅

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

By the way really nice to see a fully clarified description of One-Use Rune spells in the new book. It removes the ambiguities in the RQG text. Nice to see these things acted on. 

Actually, I am confused again. I thought it was clarified that when casting a "One-Use" spell you loses the RP (they do note replenish) but kept the knowledge of the spell (you do not have to resacrifice to learn it again). The section does not explicitly said that you lose the knowledge of the spell when you cast it but the last two bullet points strongly imply it (otherwise, why mention it for these two cases specifically).  

• Like 2