d100rules is coming...

Trifletraxor

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

d100rules is the slim BRP-like fantasy d100 RPG system that the Greenback Clan uses for all its gaming.

Basically it's what our group's RQ3 rules evolved into. I'm very pleased with the flow of our current system, and have been working to tweak it and put it into writing for the last six months. It will be available in 2010.

It will be released as an illustrated pdf & softcover book, and a text only version. The illustrations will be copyrighted, but the textual content will be released to the public domain.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

The D100 family of games seems to be growing at an almost alarming rate these days.

Not that I mind in the least :thumb:

And, that cover certainly reminds me of RQ II, looking forward to this.

So, is this completely independent or based (i.e formally, via some sort of license) on MRQ or BRP?

I do love the cover.

You might think about the logo spacing though. Visually I attach the "d" from d100 to the "rules" in the book title to visually end up with "drules" which phonetically is unfortunate.

Just giving a little space, a color change to tie the "d" and "100" together, or something similar could easily correct this.

Steve

PS Just trying to avoid repeating & expanding the unfortunate "We're playing Burp" convention

Edited by sdavies2720
added ps

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!

Great graphic. It recalls the color RQ covers without being derivative. Nice job.

Thanks, that was the idea. :)

So, is this completely independent or based (i.e formally, via some sort of license) on MRQ or BRP?

Independent. It will be released as a POD softcover book, a free PDF and a public domain text only version, so that people can do whatever they want with it.

Is there a link to a website for this?

At the moment, this thread is it. ;)

You might think about the logo spacing though. Visually I attach the "d" from d100 to the "rules" in the book title to visually end up with "drules" which phonetically is unfortunate.

Hmm... Anyone else who did that looking at it the first time?

SGL.

Hmm... Anyone else who did that looking at it the first time?

Yep, for a short moment, but then I spotted the differences in colour and

font and got the right message. However, English being a second language

for me, I often have to look twice before I recognize an English word.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Give "Rules" a capital R and it looks fine.

As everyone has said, nice cover.

How are you doing it? As an extension of BRP, as a RQ OGL or simply as another version of something that is similar to RQ?

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

I used to play BuRP!, but now I play ... (drools)

:innocent:

I actually kind of like it! :P

Give "Rules" a capital R and it looks fine.

As everyone has said, nice cover.

How are you doing it? As an extension of BRP, as a RQ OGL or simply as another version of something that is similar to RQ?

It will certainly be similar to the other d100 systems, but with it has many tweaks in the mechanics to increase the flow, while still keeping the "feel" of old RQ. I'm also trying to make it as easy to learn and memorize as possible. The content will be public domain, and not tied to BRP or RQ OGL in any formal way.

Any change to RQII that involves Trollkin dying is a big improvement IMHO.

No, NO! The trollkin isn't dying!

He just needs to get his club back! :rolleyes:

SGL.

A little off topic, has anyone ever played the other %ile systems, Star Ace or Chill, how did they play???

I own and have played all of the Pacesetter games, Star Ace, Chill, and Timemaster. The mechanic is kind of dated now, but it was quite innovative for its time. Out of all three titles, Star Ace was by far the worst. If you ignore the "universal" table, the adventurers are quite easy to convert to BRP. As a matter of fact, every year I convert a Chill adventure to BRP for a special Halloween adventure. I'm getting ready for one this Saturday night.

For those that are wondering why I just don't use one of the awesome COC adventurers instead of converting one for Chill. Chill just has a different feel to it, not better, just different. Much more combat oriented, and as I have everything Pacesetter ever came out with, I'm gonna get my moneys worth.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"