Spirit Spell - Meteor Swarm

Godlearner

I'm assuming it's because the crater makers encompass several different magic traditions, and so by making it a spirit spell it can be used by all members without messing with their existing magics. If it was a Rune spell, they'd have to basically join a whole new cult with new sacrifices and a new rune pool. Also, assuming Lunar magic works the same in RQG that it did in RQ3, spirit magic can be manipulated by Lunar magicians in a similar manner to sorcery.

1 hour ago, Richard S. said:

Also, assuming Lunar magic works the same in RQG that it did in RQ3, spirit magic can be manipulated by Lunar magicians in a similar manner to sorcery.

Amplify is explicitly mentioned in the spell description of getting more meteors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godlearner said:

A 6 Points spirit spell which is available only to the cult of the Crater Makers ....

This is out of the norm of Spirit magic that it begs the question as to why it is a spirit spell at all and not Rune magic?

Even tougher than that - it is only available to illuminated Red Goddess initiates who join the Crater Makers!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Godlearner said:

So, why is it a Spirit spell then? I mean, understand that if you say "it is what it is", but honestly I do not understand the logic of it.

So it's open to Lunar magic manipulation, probably

Edited by Richard S.

11 minutes ago, Godlearner said:

So, why is it a Spirit spell then? I mean, understand that if you say "it is what it is", but honestly I do not understand the logic of it.

It actually has to be - there was not a God Time Red Moon, so it is very had to have a Rune Spell hurl meteors of Moon Rock down on the earth. It needed to be a spirit magic spell and that had the added bonus that it could get manipulated by Lunar magic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

It actually has to be - there was not a God Time Red Moon, so it is very had to have a Rune Spell hurl meteors of Moon Rock down on the earth. It needed to be a spirit magic spell and that had the added bonus that it could get manipulated by Lunar magic.

Ooh, like that logic.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

See now it makes sense. :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jeff said:

It actually has to be - there was not a God Time Red Moon, so it is very had to have a Rune Spell hurl meteors of Moon Rock down on the earth.

So Verithurusa did not rise again after giving birth to Umath's child? The Lunar goddess turned red before she became corpse blue.

Telling how it is excessive verbis