I want to be a baboon!

Paid a bod yn dwp

10 hours ago, dumuzid said:

Well now we're getting into the mythic background of the Praxian baboons, when they had a sophisticated urban civilization in Genert's Garden.

Deep Gloranthan Secret: the lost Golden Age civilisation of Prax was created and run by baboons. Mankind inherited their ruins. (Cue Charlton Heston in reverse)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

Deep Gloranthan Secret: the lost Golden Age civilisation of Prax was created and run by baboons. Mankind inherited their ruins. (Cue Charlton Heston in reverse)

Big secret... the Morokanth still have those original Godtime humans who are incapable of speech. The other beast riders were uplifted by Waha Heston.

• Haha 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

9 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Except... CoP isn't RQG.

And the RQG Bestiary only gives the options I gave above.

We get it: you don't like Baboon player characters. This probably isn't going to be a happy thread for you.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

The Bestiary is a collection of creatures that the players can interact with at sometime, so they are as you would find them in their setting (see the intro 4). So adventurers in Prax will meet baboons in a family troop or mercenary baboons. If you read the Intelligent Creatures as adventurers and Creating Non-human Adventurers sections (page 6), it says

Many cults have no such restriction on other beings joining their ranks,

This is the difference between playing a baboon that is part or a troop and an adventurer baboon. This applies to playing most intelligent creatures in the book.

• Like 8

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

29 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

We get it: you don't like Baboon player characters. This probably isn't going to be a happy thread for you.

Obviously, you don't get it.

And actually, I don't have a problem with it.

But I do tend to be a bit anal with rules, hence the Bestiary reference. And I'm more inclined to agree with what was said above - they're going to have a hard time advancing in many cults. So, go for it, although I doubt many GMs would be that harsh to actually make it that difficult for most players... (eg, applying the section @David Scott quoted above from p6 - the bit about -10 CHA penalty when interacting with those outside one's species.) Mello Yello was mentioned above - yet the cult write-up for Yelmalio doesn't indicate any obvious reasons why he shouldn't have been able to initiate fairly easily... Just 2 years of mercenary service.

• Like 2

a subsidiary question :

do you believe that a priest of a community (a sartarite clan, a praxian clan, a uz clan, an aldryami can, ...) will accept to initiate a stranger  without any doubt ?

I think no. I think that a human stranger asking a human priest to be initiate of a human god will be rejected until he/she proves he/she is a good person (maybe not be adopted, but at least accepted by the community)

And that's why I consider a baboon adventurer will have difficulty to be initiate of any non-baboon god. Not because the cult rejects the baboon clearly (as the cult rejects chaotic  for example) but because the community rejects the stranger. And it is more difficult to baboons to prove their value than any human.

but that doesn't mean it is impossible to create the background. At least that means the baboon was "adopted" by a non-baboon community. So that means at least some passion

love /loyalty at least at 80% to the community/temple (how difficult it is to be adopted, how high must be the passion)

love the person who was the first to help the baboon  (80% too)

fear baboon 60% (the baboon is now considered as a traitor a fool or what you want by a large part of its race)

you may identify some "bad" guys in the community who refused and are still angry that the baboon succeed to "integrate" their community etc... (idea for scenarii)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Except... CoP isn't RQG.

OK, from the Gloranthan Bestiary:

Religion: Baboons worship Daka Fal, who they call Grandfather Baboon. 
Occupations: Either Troop Baboon (see below) or Assistant Shaman. The latter use the Beast Rune instead of Man.
Magic: Baboons worship Grandfather Baboon, an equivalent to Daka Fal. They use spirit magic and shamanism. Popular spells include Disruption, Ironhand, Protection, and Mobility.

From the RQG Rulebook:

Lay Member Requirements: Requirements generally are minimal, as the cult’s attachment to its lay member also will be minimal. Most typically, lay members need to sacrifice 1 magic point during a Worship ritual performed on cult holy days.

Standard Initiate Requirements: To become an initiate, the adventurer must already be a lay member of the god of the cult and must share at least one Rune with a rating of 50% or more with the god.
A candidate for initiation who is unfamiliar to the temple hierarchy must pass a test, the object of which is to discover the candidate’s suitability, sincerity, knowledge, reputation, and personality. This test is abstracted to the  following: donate 20 L to the temple; understand the requirements and obligations asked of an initiate; and prove knowledge of the cult’s specialty skills and favored Passions. The player of the applicant must roll D100 for each of these pertinent cult skills and favored Passions, and succeed in at least three of those rolls. If one or both parents were cult initiates, the adventurer may join simply by sacrificing 1 point of POW—no other tests need be made. The initiation ritual is complete when the initiate sacrifices the aforementioned 1 point of POW to the deity. This becomes the initiate’s first Rune point and establishes a magical link between the initiate and the deity, through which later sacrifices of magic points and POW flow. This link allows the initiate to manipulate a fraction of the god’s power into Rune spells. The new initiate gains access to all common Rune spells known to the cult and chooses one cult special Rune spell.

Initiate Membership
Argan Argar: Standard.
Babeester Gor:  Standard. Only women can join.
Chalana Arroy: None, except acceptance of the restrictive cult vows, and the standard sacrifice of 1 point of POW.
Daka Fal: Requirements: Must demonstrate a blood relationship with the accepting shaman (see page 351), although it can be as distant as Grandfather Mortal himself. 
Engizi: Standard. An initiate must be able to swim at 50%.
Ernalda:  Standard.
Eurmal: The initiate must be willing to become an outlaw, plus any other test desired by the local Rune Priest, who is always eccentric and sometimes cruel. The priest may make the candidate search through an entire dungheap  for one pearl, or steal a stick from a wyvern’s nest.
Foundchild: Standard. An initiate must hunt and kill at least one prey beast per season to donate to their community. They must always use the Peaceful Cut on any animal killed for food.
Humakt:  Must pass a test which is abstracted by rolling under the average of their CHA ×5 and their Sword skill on a 1D100. The candidate then sacrifices 1 point of POW to create a Rune point with Humakt.
Issaries: Standard.
Lhankor Mhy: Must have 50% in either Read/Write (any language) or any Lore.
Maran Gor: Standard.
Odayla:  Standard. An initiate must hunt, kill, and skin a bear as part of the initiation rite
Orlanth: Standard.
Seven Mothers: Standard.
Storm Bull:  Standard. 
Yelmalio: Those born to a Yelmalio initiate can automatically join by sacrificing 1 point of POW and gaining a Rune point. Those who have served with the temple mercenaries for over two years must choose either to leave or to be  initiated automatically by sacrificing 1 point of POW and gaining a Rune point
Yinkin: Standard. An initiate must spend a year alone in the wilds.

Eiritha:  Any female member of the tribe can join the cult by sacrificing a point of POW.
Waha: Must be a male tribal member, have 50% skill in Ride and in a tribal weapon, and know one spirit magic spell. Outsiders must join the tribe before they can join Waha’s cult.
Yelm: Must be a male member of the Pure Horse People tribe whose father was an initiate of Yelm.

So, all are open to Baboons, except Eiritha, Waha and Yelm. Even Eiritha and Waha are OK if the Baboon becomes a member of the tribe beforehand. 

The fact that Baboon Religion is Grandfather Baboon does not mean that Baboons can only worship Grandfather Baboon. They can worship other deities but, as is shown with Mello Yello, there can be obstacles to overcome. PC Baboons can overcome such obstacles. 

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

5 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

But I do tend to be a bit anal with rules, hence the Bestiary reference. 

The Bestiary says that Baboon Religion is Grandfather Baboon, not that Baboons can only worship Grandfather Baboon.

And I'm more inclined to agree with what was said above - they're going to have a hard time advancing in many cults. So, go for it, although I doubt many GMs would be that harsh to actually make it that difficult for most players... (eg, applying the section @David Scott quoted above from p6 - the bit about -10 CHA penalty when interacting with those outside one's species.)

Yes, I would apply CHA-10 for some interactions, but they can probably buy it off with good cult service.

Mello Yello was mentioned above - yet the cult write-up for Yelmalio doesn't indicate any obvious reasons why he shouldn't have been able to initiate fairly easily... Just 2 years of mercenary service.

Pure prejudice. Mello was not allowed to join the mercenaries.

In our campaign, he joined the Outcasts Militia and used that as a way in. Eventually he became Ambassador Mello, Golden Dragon, Dragon Emperor of Peloria, Companion of Genert, Companion of Tada, Companion of Pavis, Companion of Shan Agar, King of Dragon Pass, Constable of Pavis, Constable of Sun County and other titles that he has forgotten. But, that might not suit you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

Damn, the sergeant at arms hated this bit.  Old Whiskers back at the Dome, must still be sore about him dropping the sacred spear last Holy Day, but it was that fool Yorban’s fault anyway.  They’d only blamed him because he was still hung over.

He sucked in his chest, trying to ignore the building headache, and stepped out into the harsh sun to review the new recruits, screwing his eyes against its dazzling brilliance.

“line-up, line-up, you miserable lot!” he barked, his horse voice carrying across the parade ground.

Five miserable recruits formed a shabby line.

“Stand up straight, you pathetic creature!” he shouted stopping by an indistinct shadow, trying not to open his eyes against the painful light.

“Ook”

“straight, not bent leaning on that spear like a decrepit granddad!”

“Ook”

“What was that!”, his brain just catching up with his ears.

“Ook, sir,” the next in line piped up helpfully.  “He’d bark, normally sir, but woof just causes problems, so he’s been practicing saying ook.”

“A Baboon!” The sergeant rubbed his eyes, the headache exploding with full technicolour force.  A baboon in his recruits.  Old Whiskers must be wetting himself with glee back at the Dome.

“Right you,” he said leaning over.  “You listen to me. From here on in, I’m your worst nightmare, I’m here to make your life a living hell.  Got that?”

“Ook”,

“That’s ook, sir.”

“Ook, sseerr.”

“Right.  Put the poo down.  I know you and your type.  The first poo that’s slung, and its 50 laps for everyone round the ground.  In full gear.  Got that?”

“Ook.”

The sergeant waited.

“Sseerr.”

“That’s better.”

He pitied the poor sap next in line in the shield wall to this pathetic excuse of a creature. 

Then a broad smile grew on his poorly shaven jowls.  He knew exactly where to post private ook, and who’d be relying on that monkey’s shield arm in the shield wall!  O revenge could be sweet…

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, soltakss said:

OK, from the Gloranthan Bestiary:

From the RQG Rulebook:

So, all are open to Baboons, except Eiritha, Waha and Yelm. Even Eiritha and Waha are OK if the Baboon becomes a member of the tribe beforehand. 

The fact that Baboon Religion is Grandfather Baboon does not mean that Baboons can only worship Grandfather Baboon. They can worship other deities but, as is shown with Mello Yello, there can be obstacles to overcome. PC Baboons can overcome such obstacles. 

Using the rules you quoted in this post, a Broo or scorpionman or undead could join any of those cults as well... (although, we do know of Broo in Chalana Arroy).

I'm not suggesting a Baboon can't be an initiate (or above) any of those cults. I'm saying it's not going to be easy. And, yes, that may be merely prejudice! And, I'd also say that GMs shouldn't make it easy Otherwise, it's simply "I want to play something that should be really hard to play, but I want you to make it easy for me... or I'll take my bat and ball (and dice) and go home!"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, soltakss said:

Yes, I would apply CHA-10 for some interactions, but they can probably buy it off with good cult service.

Given that Glorantha has many different species, some of them more or less alien than others (compared to a "human baseline"), I'm really wondering how to handle CHA rolls and communication skills in these cases. Sadly, I don't think there's any guidance in the rules, unless I missed something... would you apply -50% to communication skills then? Would a baboon trying to fast-talk his way into a fortified village get that kind of penalty? Would you reduce that penalty in Pavis or other cosmopolitan city?

4 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Using the rules you quoted in this post, a Broo or scorpionman or undead could join any of those cults as well... (although, we do know of Broo in Chalana Arroy).

Yes they can, and in fact, for instance, the Humakt cult's write-up in Cults of Prax says this to lay membership requirements:

Humakt welcomes all races as long as they are warriors and will swear to keep discipline and uphold the Humakt Code of fair play and honor. Few creatures of Chaos can maintain this discipline for any length of time, so there are few Broo, Scorpion Man, or Ogre members.

I don't know if that will still be present in the upcoming Cults book but it's very probable.

When you look into it seriously, there are really few species limitations to Rune Cults, so you can go as crazy as you want your Glorantha to be.

I'm not suggesting a Baboon can't be an initiate (or above) any of those cults. I'm saying it's not going to be easy. And, yes, that may be merely prejudice! And, I'd also say that GMs shouldn't make it easy Otherwise, it's simply "I want to play something that should be really hard to play, but I want you to make it easy for me... or I'll take my bat and ball (and dice) and go home!"

It doesn't have to be hard for non-humans to initiate into any cult... it's your Glorantha, you can do whatever you want. That said, here are a few points:

• If a player wants to play a baboon fighter just because it gives higher STR, the problem may be with the player, not the rules or the setting. Some games have "checks and balances" to make sure things are "fair" (whatever that means) but RQ and Glorantha aren't that kind of game or setting. Have you ever seen these old totally smug and cheesy ads for RuneQuest from 80s gaming magazines? "RuneQuest is the fantasy roleplaying game for the discerning and mature gamer!" (or something of the sort) :D 
  • If the GM is tweaking the rules or the setting to prevent or make it hard for players to play non-humans because he assumes they're falling in the previous point, then the problem is may be with the GM. See above.
  • Whether a baboon Orlanthi or Lankhor Mhy would face any kind of prejudice or discrimination is a conscious choice from the GM and player, if they want that to be a theme in the campaign or a character arc. But not everything has to be a half-assed allegory for racism... which, in the case of a baboon, could actually be, ahem, problematic. There are other reasons for non-humans to stick to their homelands and cults, and be very small minorities elsewhere. Look at the Beast-Men for instance: they have a complex history that can be used to explain why they stay in their valley. But there's always an odd centaur or fox-woman who will venture outside, and they don't have to face specism when they do (they might face surprise or awe or curiosity or whatever, however... and they may still face prejudice for other reasons, like the fox-woman being treated as any other trickster). There are other ways to explain minorities than "racism!", especially in a game setting where that may or may not be fun.
  • Maybe the baboon doesn't join Lankhor Mhy per se, but joins a sub-cult of Grandfather Baboon, called The One Who Tells Stories Around The Banana Stand. The cult gives similar spells, but they have an oral tradition and the little writing they do is done with a stick on the sand. But the PC had to learn read/write because he needs to chase down some "forgotten tales" that were written down on scrolls when the hairless apes interviewed your ancestors 600 years ago, and that's why he's leaving the baboon lands and going to weird places. He may have to prove that TOWTSATBS is actually an aspect of Lankhor Mhy himself (or, rather, the reverse, obviously) in order to get access to the appropriate temples.... Or whatever! That's where the player can prove that they're not in it just for the STR bonus and the magnificent shiny butt, but to genuinely play a baboon and explore baboon stuff. Basically: instead of the non-human joining a human cult, make up an equivalent non-human cult!

Edited by lordabdul
  • Like 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

22 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

do you believe that a priest of a community (a sartarite clan, a praxian clan, a uz clan, an aldryami can, ...) will accept to initiate a stranger  without any doubt ?

Yes. It's a fantasy game. Sounds like great fun.

I think no. I think that a human stranger asking a human priest to be initiate of a human god will be rejected until he/she proves he/she is a good person (maybe not be adopted, but at least accepted by the community)

And that's why I consider a baboon adventurer will have difficulty to be initiate of any non-baboon god.

If you want to make your game to be difficult for players who want to have baboon adventurers that's fine by me, but I always try to use the MGF box on page 6 as my guidance.

Not because the cult rejects the baboon clearly (as the cult rejects chaotic  for example) but because the community rejects the stranger. And it is more difficult to baboons to prove their value than any human.

Personally I try to avoid any form of xenophobia involving player adventurers (some of my players have enough trouble with that in real life). It's a fantasy game, I also leave out going to the toilet, menstruation, real life disease, and other stuff that, not because I'm avoiding it, but because fantasy allows my group to have fun and ignore our mundane world.

In my games, players can choose any of the playable species (centaur and duck so far) and I don't make it harder to do stuff that humans can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

5 minutes ago, David Scott said:

Yes. It's a fantasy game. Sounds like great fun.

If you want to make your game to be difficult for players who want to have baboon adventurers that's fine by me, but I always try to use the MGF box on page 6 as my guidance.

Personally I try to avoid any form of xenophobia involving player adventurers (some of my players have enough trouble with that in real life). It's a fantasy game, I also leave out going to the toilet, menstruation, real life disease, and other stuff that, not because I'm avoiding it, but because fantasy allows my group to have fun and ignore our mundane world.

In my games, players can choose any of the playable species (centaur and duck so far) and I don't make it harder to do stuff that humans can.

this point is difficult, because every one has some different sensibility , some can be touched by a point when others will not, and vice versa.

And my english words are ugh not native

Of course you are right, the real world has a bad side, and for some people who experience irl this kind of issue, a rpg should let them forget (or at least not remind) their suffering.

Of course, when i tried to initiate my sons (fortnite is unfortunately stronger than me) I did not talk about a large part of the background.

So that the point, every table play with a % of deviation of the gloranthan background.

Now my posts just try to follow the background. And I consider that the books describe gloranthan people as xenophobic (feud is xenophobia, hate XXX or fear XXX passion is xenophobia)

we have so many events describing how one culture is able  to (try to) destroy another one (telmori destruction, duck hunt, wind stop, sheng seleris, etc...)

And I think that is a big difference between glorantha and some other fantasy games, there is no good side. That is something I think very interesting to explore.

But again, that is the 100%, and anybody could choose to cut a disturbing part.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Undead must sacrifice POW, so cannot join.

Broo and Scorpionmen can join Chalana Arroy and Humakt. Some cults might have restrictions against Chaos joining as lay Members, but that is not described.

6 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Some cults will be easier than others. Grandfather Baboon, sure. Hunter no problem. Lhankor Mhy, go a beard, knows how to read or knows a Lore, fine.

I am fine with making it difficult because it is unusual, but not fine with Baboons can only join Grandfather Baboon because that's what it says in the rules.

It is a game, games are meant to be fun. GMs can be dicks about it, making it not fun, or can set challenges to be overcome, which makes it fun.

• Like 5

I've never heard of a baboon undergoing the troll adoption rites, but as-written there's nothing saying Kyger Litor won't adopt a baboon who passes her tests.  Argan Argar has always made a point of welcoming non-uz to the altar, and Zorak Zoran is entirely indiscriminate, well-known for having non-uz worshipers.  I don't see a Xiola Umbar temple turning away a baboon who sincerely wanted to become a healer and otherwise met their requirements, either.

A Zorak Zoran baboon berserker is probably terrifying now that I give it a moment's thought.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

Now my posts just try to follow the background. And I consider that the books describe gloranthan people as xenophobic (feud is xenophobia, hate XXX or fear XXX passion is xenophobia)

we have so many events describing how one culture is able  to (try to) destroy another one (telmori destruction, duck hunt, wind stop, sheng seleris, etc...)

Precisely!

3 hours ago, David Scott said:

I understand your point and reasoning for it, but where does it end? Can Broos join Stormbull or Kigor Litor? What about Trolls in Yelm? Mostali joining Aldrya?

I'm reminded of the D&D issue of the Paladin hanging around with the CE Assassin... just because that's what the player wants to do.

Obviously, it's your Glorantha... and by definition, it's not really the Glorantha as envisaged in the printed material.

(BTW - going to the toilet is when the PCs fail/fumble their scan/listen checks)

19 minutes ago, Shiningbrow said:

I understand your point and reasoning for it, but where does it end? Can Broos join Stormbull or Kigor Litor? What about Trolls in Yelm? Mostali joining Aldrya?

I'm reminded of the D&D issue of the Paladin hanging around with the CE Assassin... just because that's what the player wants to do.

Obviously, it's your Glorantha... and by definition, it's not really the Glorantha as envisaged in the printed material.

Why not? In circumstances where a broo PC or Mostali PC can contemplate joining enemy cults, they're already well outside the norms of their society, such as it is. Perhaps they've decided to "defect" and work directly against the people they came from. Perhaps they're suffering such advanced culture shock that they want to reclaim (in the broo's case) the ability to exalt violence and destruction, or (in the Mostali's case) the sense of being encompassed in an all-surrounding community. 

Now, I don't know just how open the Yelm cult is likely to be, and where a variant open enough to allow Uz to join would be. (Pent? Kralorela?) But the same potential factors are still there. 

More broadly, the vast majority of people playing Uz or Mostali or Aldryami are, I think, playing them specifically to dive into the weirdness of their societies and cults. And those who suggest joining opposing cults are probably doing so for their own dramatic or role-playing reasons. Even if they're mostly ignorant about the setting, someone who picks a dwarf and says "I want to worship a goddess of trees and nature" is still making a statement about what they want to explore in the game. 

So the issue is just whether the campaign can support such a character in the first place given its aims and goals. It's fairly likely that, yes, a campaign where you're all playing younger members of some clan somewhere in Sartar is not going to be able to accommodate a broo Storm Bully. Sure. But that's an issue of miscommunication between the players as to what the campaign is supposed to be like. 

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

20 minutes ago, Eff said:

Why not? In circumstances where a broo PC or Mostali PC can contemplate joining enemy cults, they're already well outside the norms of their society, such as it is. Perhaps they've decided to "defect" and work directly against the people they came from. Perhaps they're suffering such advanced culture shock that they want to reclaim (in the broo's case) the ability to exalt violence and destruction, or (in the Mostali's case) the sense of being encompassed in an all-surrounding community. 

Now, I don't know just how open the Yelm cult is likely to be, and where a variant open enough to allow Uz to join would be. (Pent? Kralorela?) But the same potential factors are still there. 

More broadly, the vast majority of people playing Uz or Mostali or Aldryami are, I think, playing them specifically to dive into the weirdness of their societies and cults. And those who suggest joining opposing cults are probably doing so for their own dramatic or role-playing reasons. Even if they're mostly ignorant about the setting, someone who picks a dwarf and says "I want to worship a goddess of trees and nature" is still making a statement about what they want to explore in the game. 

So the issue is just whether the campaign can support such a character in the first place given its aims and goals. It's fairly likely that, yes, a campaign where you're all playing younger members of some clan somewhere in Sartar is not going to be able to accommodate a broo Storm Bully. Sure. But that's an issue of miscommunication between the players as to what the campaign is supposed to be like. 

Oh, I'm not saying they can't - and not merely YGMV.

I'm just saying it shouldn't be "easy". Unless the players are only using Glorantha as some vague hint of inspiration. One's Glorantha could just as easily have the Wolf Pirates sailing the seas to drop off bundles of roses and tulips... but that's not the Glorantha most people are after. (Just as some people can't deal with Elmal/Yelmalio... or Ducks being taken seriously).

Perhaps it was my misinterpretation, but I took

4 hours ago, David Scott said:

literally. But, clearly, the game is designed around a whole bunch of ideas and choices where some things are harder to do for various reasons, including not being human (just as being human makes other choices more difficult).

Anyway, this is getting off topic, and I don't think it's helping the OP...

Well if you want, you can make your baboon be part of the Sartarite culture, having grown up in the same tribe as the other PCs for some reason or other. Culture is different from race/species.

Edited by lordabdul
  • Like 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

13 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

Well if you want, you can make your baboon be part of the Sartarite culture, having grown up in the same tribe as the other PCs for some reason or other. Culture is different from race/species.

Yes. For me, most baboons are standard, normal praxians. The only trouble I see is that they don't have a tribe herd animal.

• Like 1