Pulp Heroes in Pulp Cthulhu

DreadDomain

Of all the pulp avengers, The Spider is definitely my favorite. If you ever want to read some of his exploits, I highly suggest The Spider vs The Empire State.

I'll probably revisit the write-up, as I already see things I don't like. He served in WWI, so his rifle skill should be higher. He probably doesn't need listen skill. He should probably have some crime scene skills. I'm assuming Spot Hidden is the main "detective" skill.

• 2 weeks later...

Conan of Cimmeria

Archetype: Beefcake

Profession: Barbarian 

Characteristics

STR 95     CON 90     SIZ 85     DEX 90     INT 80     APP 65     POW 85     EDU 60

Move 9     Damage Modifier 1d6     Build 2     Hit Points 35    Luck 70     SAN 85    MP 17

Talents

Keen Vision, Tough Guy, Heavy Hitter, Fleet Footed (Could substitute Keen Vision for Power Lifter. Also, I would say most warriors in the Hyborian Age have “Hardened”)

Skills

Climb 80%, Intimidate 60%, Jump 60%, Listen 60%, Natural World 30%, Occult 10%, Other Kingdom (Aquilonia, Corinthia, Nemedia, Zamora) 15%, Other Language (Corinthian, Nemedian, Zamoran) 45%, Own Kingdom (Barbarian Lands) 35%, Own Language 60%, Ride Horse 25%, Spot Hidden 80%, Status (Infamy) 10%, Stealth 80%, Throw 60%, Track 65%

Combat

Fighting (Brawl) 65%, Fighting (Sword) 65%, Fighting (Shield) 55%, Dodge 70%

Equipment

Dagger* 65%, 1d4+2+DB

Broadsword* 65%, 1d8+DB

(Occasionally) Shield 55%, Armor 1d4, Damage 1d4+DB

(Occasionally) Horned Helmet, Armor 1d2

(Occasionally) Chainmail, Armor 1d8

Backstory

Personal Description: black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth.

Traits: Hatred of Picts. Temper and little understanding or care for civilized ways.

Ideology: Crom - at birth he breathes power to strive and slay into a man's soul. What else shall men ask of the gods?

Significant People: Varies

Meaningful Locations: Varies

Treasured Possessions: Freedom

Notes: This build represents Conan from around “God in the Bowl” (or “Frost Giant’s Daughter,” depending on your chronology preference) to about “The Hand of Nergal” story fragment.

Edited by Grimmshade

On 1/28/2021 at 1:57 PM, Grimmshade said:

Conan of Cimmeria

Nice! Because he is early in his career, I could see him with STR 90. As he gets older, STR 95, power lifter, hardened and higher skills would certainly be needed. I would consider lowering Spot Hidden and Stealh to 65 or 70% and use the points to boost his fighting skills (brawl and sword), jump, intimidate, listen by 5% each. But as you see, it's only nitpiucking. Good stuff.

7 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

Nice! Because he is early in his career, I could see him with STR 90. As he gets older, STR 95, power lifter, hardened and higher skills would certainly be needed. I would consider lowering Spot Hidden and Stealh to 65 or 70% and use the points to boost his fighting skills (brawl and sword), jump, intimidate, listen by 5% each. But as you see, it's only nitpiucking. Good stuff.

I left his fighting skills lower because he is young here and still fighting more by instinct. Spot Hidden could probably be dropped slightly to raise Listen for sure. I left his STR high because it's kind of his thing, and he did break the neck of a bull in his youth (per Man-eaters of Zamboula) 

• Like 1