Jump to content

What did you learn at the Impromptu Con?


Recommended Posts

So this weekend an improvised virtual con consisting of panels to talk about Gloranthan and non-Gloranthan topics聽was advertised and organised on Facebook and conducted on Discord. And I missed it completely聽馃槴聽 even though I had been forewarned! So, if you managed to attend, would you mind sharing what interestings bits you learned from it?聽鈽猴笍聽 (pretty please?)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a fun post-con bar chat event so topics ran wild. From a RQ view there are lots of books and box sets in the pipe inc the Starter Box Set, the Sartar Box聽set (yes that is confusing), plus the gods book and GMs guide. There are also a bunch of scenario packs but these won't see print until 2022 (manuscripts are mostly done it's just about prioritising the core set first). White Bear Red Moon and Nomad Gods are to get a re-release too!聽

And there was this:聽

I'll let Jeff explain...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what's already known, but what I learned (and I could be wrong, because JD and coke) ...

  • Sartar is a Box Set
  • Jason ran off a list of things being worked on and I didn't catch them all :)
  • Dragon Pass and Nomad Gods update/reissue confirmed.
  • Some interesting Malkioni stuff such as the lower castes don't actually use sorcery - Spirit/Rune is fine, hence the reason Sorcery is the way it is (I think I kind of knew this but this was a good clarification).
  • Rick has waaaay too many full bookshelves of stuff.聽 Like all the stuff. :)
Edited by Stormwalker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

So this weekend an improvised virtual con consisting of panels to talk about Gloranthan and non-Gloranthan topics聽was advertised and organised on Facebook and conducted on Discord. And I missed it completely聽馃槴聽 even though I had been forewarned! So, if you managed to attend, would you mind sharing what interestings bits you learned from it?聽鈽猴笍聽 (pretty please?)

Finally learned how to use Discord! And was able to help others, so not bad. Sorry you missed, RB.

Edited by Bill the barbarian
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beoferret said:

Did anyone catch how far along (roughly) various RQ projects are in the pipeline? Any art previews available for us to salivate over?

I respect and understand that people are often super duper keen to know WHEN stuff is likely to be published, but we have tried to very much not yield to that temptation any more in regards to providing聽"guesstimates" for when things will be up for sale. To cut to the chase, even saying that a manuscript is 90% complete can be very misleading. We are happy to talk about things that are being worked on, and happy to show off recent progress or confess to delays, but we are largely out of the business of answering "when" questions until a product has gone to final layout and an actual realistic and fairly estimable release date is in sight. I apologize for sounding insensitive to anyone's desires, but "how far along" a project is is not something that we can quantify and assign a date for completion. Even if you think we should, could, or would be able to do that, that's just not the case. As for art previews, we regularly post those on Facebook, often on a weekly or more frequent basis.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

I respect and understand that people are often super duper keen to know WHEN stuff is likely to be published, but we have tried to very much not yield to that temptation any more in regards to providing聽"guesstimates" for when things will be up for sale. To cut to the chase, even saying that a manuscript is 90% complete can be very misleading. We are happy to talk about things that are being worked on, and happy to show off recent progress or confess to delays, but we are largely out of the business of answering "when" questions until a product has gone to final layout and an actual realistic and fairly estimable release date is in sight. I apologize for sounding insensitive to anyone's desires, but "how far along" a project is is not something that we can quantify and assign a date for completion. Even if you think we should, could, or would be able to do that, that's just not the case. As for art previews, we regularly post those on Facebook, often on a weekly or more frequent basis.

Totally understood, Rick. Not trying to be a pain in the ass (honestly.) It is exciting to know that there are a bunch of products in the official pipeline; it also has the nice corollary that RQG must be doing well product-wise or else so much new material wouldn't be in production. I have seen some of the GoG art previews and maps that Jeff has shared, I'm just pretty dang eager to get a taste of some of the other stuff. I will indeed happily cop to being "super duper keen" 馃榿!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

I respect and understand that people are often super duper keen to know WHEN stuff is likely to be published, but we have tried to very much not yield to that temptation any more in regards to providing聽"guesstimates" for when things will be up for sale.

Yes, and this was confirmed at Impromptu Con, the grand old Chaosium tradition聽of "Coming next year..." is no more.聽;)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I gathered there is a desire to have some additional聽core books out this year; the God's book for example.聽Only once we see these are we likely to see any expansion to other areas. Think of it like Strike Ranks and you'll be okay聽馃槃

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 11:55 AM, Rick Meints said:

As for art previews, we regularly post those on Facebook, often on a weekly or more frequent basis.

Any chance those can be distributed on this forum, for those of us who don't (or can't) use FB?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, mkv67 said:

Now a second one is on the cards is there a recording of the first one for those of us who missed it?

It's an informal event. No recordings were made. Likewise once over we reset the Discord server fresh for the next one.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's an informal event. No recordings were made. Likewise once over we reset the Discord server fresh for the next one.

Having lived in Jasper (read: goddess's country)聽for half my adult life and only having a few pics (how, what, why... man why) 聽I聽like the transience of the experience of life. Even then I suppose聽I know why some want the pics...
image.png.2e0232a1d5768787bbfe642241258278.png

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...