RuneQuest:Roleplaying in Glorantha second printing PDF

Scotty

The second printing PDF is now available on our webstore and DriveThruRPG. Please download from your accounts.

Please note there is a Clarifications, Corrections and Additions update here:

CHA4028 RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha – Second Printing Clarifications, Corrections and Additions 1.0.0

Edited by Scotty
added Clarifications, Corrections and Additions
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

The second printing PDF is now available on our webstore and DriveThruRPG. Please download from your accounts.

Is this only for the one book or for the two core books and GM’s screen pack?

Cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Hold on ... looking at the changelog from 7Tigers, those all seem to be in my old "first printing" pdf (downloaded back in 2019).  Admittedly this new version says "second printing" in it (not "first printing"). 

So ... what's changed between the latest "first printing" and this one? 

20 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Is this only for the one book or for the two core books and GM’s screen pack?

When you buy the slipcase, the PDFs are made up of the individual PDF products. So if if you have the single or slipcase, it's the same.

Sorry, I’m still a bit confused. All the things in the linked change log seem to be corrected in my “Recent First Printing” PDF. Are there any other changes besides labelling it “Second Printing” (which *is* a good idea from a version control perspective)?

4 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

Yep, I already had all those corrections in a "more recent" PDF of the "first printing". The only difference I can spot is the new (indeed very welcome!) versioning information on the credits page.

Well, if that's the case, I'm going back to the last "first printing" PDF I've got, since it has all the bookmarks

• Haha 1

I ran the two pdfs ("recent first printing" and "second printing") through diffpdf and these are the differences (barring title page etc at the start).

p85  Added "Love (family) 60%"

p89 Javelin 1 handed corrected to be damage 1D6+1D4

p96 Spirit magic now has "Strength (2pts)" (was 1pt)

p210  "relative finesse of the kopis" (was "of the broadsword")

p374 "through which it is possible to pass" (was "possible to past"), and "the shaman must roll their" rather than "the shaman must roll his"

p393 Entry 6 in the table of sounds is now "Splashing waves"

p400 Tap Body now says "overcome the POW of the victim" (not "the magic points of the victim")

p412 Parchment has been replaced by "Papyrus, Large" and "Parchment, Hide (sheet)" is clarified to be 40cm long.

p418 Harmast's example ends with "after two seasons of training" instead of "after a season of training".  A typo of "wth" has been corrected to "with" (in the "Increased POW through spell use or spirit combat" section).

p421 % signs have been removed from bonuses and penalties.  The harvest results table first column now starts with "10 or less" and ends with "96 or more"

p422 Noble entry now has "Ransom is set at 1000L" where this was missing before.

p425 "After an adventurer reaches the age of 40" (used to read "has reached the age of 40")

p445 For some reason "Zorak Zoran" has an entry of 271-271 instead of just 271.

So I'd say there's not much changed there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

6 hours ago, Scorus said:

I'm confused. I haven't checked all of these but the ones I have checked are all already in the printed and pdf versions that I bought almost a year ago.

I think I know what's happening, someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

The second printing was indeed sold and distributed over a year ago. The PDF was updated with nearly all the changes, but a small number didn't make it into the PDF. This new release of the PDF now fixes that with some very minor late changes to the second printing.

• Thanks 2

On 1/14/2021 at 6:10 AM, Marc said:

I've downloaded the new PDF, and I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed that most of the bookmarks are gone.  I frequently used them to jump around in the book, actually wished there were more.

An update version, fully bookmarked is now available from your Chaosium or DrivethruRPG account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

An update version, fully bookmarked is now available from your Chaosium or DrivethruRPG account.

Odd, might be the horrendous headache I have but I do not see a way to upgrade. Going to the PDF on Chaosium.com will have me buy it again in my shopping cart and in my account I see no way to update what I have already bought. Your update the other day (sans bookmarks I assume) by link the other day was smashing. Should I try it again and will it give me the bookmarks update this time?

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Odd, might be the horrendous headache I have but I do not see a way to upgrade. Going to the PDF on Chaosium.com will have me buy it again in my shopping cart and in my account I see no way to update what I have already bought. Your update the other day (sans bookmarks I assume) by link the other day was smashing. Should I try it again and will it give me the bookmarks update this time?

You should be able to just click the download link in the completed order page.

image.png.3d55380b655d7ade309850dd2f5f78a2.png

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

As Phil noted, you need to go to your prior Orders on your Account.  Open the Order where you acquired RQG.  There may be a Download Arrow above the icon for RQG which you may need to click.  You should then see the items available for Download including the 2nd printing bookmarked pdf that Phil highlighted.

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

You should be able to just click the download link in the completed order page.

25 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

As Phil noted, you need to go to your prior Orders on your Account.  Open the Order where you acquired RQG.  There may be a Download Arrow above the icon for RQG which you may need to click.  You should then see the items available for Download including the 2nd printing bookmarked pdf that Phil highlighted.

54 minutes ago, Kloster said:

True. I just did it.

Thanks gents (I think). Not the easiest to navigate with a headache.

• Like 1