Converting Gaumata's vision

skulldixon

I've been thinking about converting the of Avalon hill shadows on the borderland adventure, Gaumata's Vision, over to Runequest: role-playing in Glorantha.

One aspect of this conversation would be moving out to an area in the region near apply lane.

Any suggests or tips? I haven't tried converting any of the older stuff before. Plus, I'm sure everyone on here who had run it before have all kinds of advice and suggests.

I think the standard advice should apply:

• Don't bother converting D20 scores for Hit Locations, recalculate HP per Location and Strike ranks, just use the values in the supplement
  • Add runes and passions on the Fly, if you need them
  • Use the Runespells as written, don't bother converting them into a Rune Pool, unless you want the NPC as a recurring character

From memory, the scenario should work reasonably well as it is, without any particular conversion.

• Like 4

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

6 hours ago, soltakss said:

I think the standard advice should apply:

• Don't bother converting D20 scores for Hit Locations, recalculate HP per Location and Strike ranks, just use the values in the supplement
  • Add runes and passions on the Fly, if you need them
  • Use the Runespells as written, don't bother converting them into a Rune Pool, unless you want the NPC as a recurring character

From memory, the scenario should work reasonably well as it is, without any particular conversion.

Yeah it worked fine when I ran it. My players' characters were from MOB's Sun County Cradle scenario, and worked perfectly for it. It's a well written scenario, quite Cthulhu-like, but unfortunately the rest of the book isn't as good.

5 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

When I ran it I created four other villages that had something peculiar in them, just so the PCs would have a harder time figuring out which one was the bad seed.

Ya, I was thinking about doing the same. Its one of the suggests in the adventure, actually. 

On 1/14/2021 at 1:12 AM, soltakss said:

Normally i would and have agreed with you soltakss, this time I would suggest having a pencil and paper near at hand for making notes on the three runes you think the individual NPC would reflect while you go over the scenario to prepare for your game. Without giving too much away, this is definitely one that revolves around passions so..

[spoilerI

remember it to be a table favourite in an old campaign for the Cthulhu like darkness.

[/spoiler]

Hm so just highlight the white text twixt the spoilers, which do not seem to work. 

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!