Grrr... Contacting Chaosium about order

Chaot

• 2 weeks later...

This thread brings up a concern of mine.

I was about to register last night on the Chaosium site to create my account when I noted no encryption lock on my browser (Firefox). Chaosium.com has not protection? :eek: I checked other sites where I've ordered products and encryption was just fine. I sent a message to Chaosium about this issue and am waiting to hear back from them.

Now I wonder if I should just call with my order. Also, I plan to order a large batch (6+ products). Shall I wait until the office staff is fully returned? (Apparently Dustin is out or something.) I really don't want to wait several months for my stuff. ;-(

This thread brings up a concern of mine.

I was about to register last night on the Chaosium site to create my account when I noted no encryption lock on my browser (Firefox). Chaosium.com has not protection? :eek: I checked other sites where I've ordered products and encryption was just fine. I sent a message to Chaosium about this issue and am waiting to hear back from them.

Now I wonder if I should just call with my order. Also, I plan to order a large batch (6+ products). Shall I wait until the office staff is fully returned? (Apparently Dustin is out or something.) I really don't want to wait several months for my stuff. ;-(

Personally I have never had to wait an unusually long time for orders to go through. I know this isn't the case for everyone however, as this thread can attest. I also have never had any security problems with credit card orders, but more than understand the concern.

There is a saying that if 10 people purchase the same item, and 9 of them are satisfied with it, you will only hear from the dissatisfied individual (understandably). No one begins a thread called "Yah, Chaosium got my stuff right out to me". I think if someone did a pole on this forum asking us to rate their service...

Very Satisfied

Satisfied

Unsatisfied

We would see that most people have not had a problem with receiving their orders in a timely fashion, at least I would hope so.

Now, getting them to answer e-mails... that's a different pole. :ohwell:

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"