Logical Clarity VS Solace of the Logical Mind

HreshtIronBorne

I am trying to pin down the differences between these spells and how exactly they work.

My questions mostly pertain to which works versus what. Both descriptions seem to mention some magical and non-magical effects.  

Further, would either spell keep a minotaur from going into their non-magical Berserk Frenzy, or at least help them out of it?

Each description only mentions using spell strength to affect an unwilling target, so would a single point on a willing target make them immune from a TON of spells and mind altering baddies for crazy duratiom at PC creation basically?

Edited by HreshtIronBorne

• HreshtIronBorne changed the title to Logical Clarity VS Solace of the Logical Mind

They do seem rather similar.

• SotLM affects both magic and mundane, whereas LC only protects from magic, so only SotLM would affect minotaur berserk.
  • SotLM mentions Orate, which is odd. Fast Talk, I could understand. Orate could rely purely on the truth, which would be an odd thing to "protect" someone from. "Solace of the Conspiracy Theorist's Mind" would be more apt!
  • Both have no caveats about the protection they provide, so you could conclude that no amount of spell manipulation or boosting will overcome them.
  • Both of them have the down side that you can never augment with passions, but that might be a small price to pay for some. You still have runes and skills to augment with.
Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

SotLM mentions Orate, which is odd. Fast Talk, I could understand. Orate could rely purely on the truth, which would be an odd thing to "protect" someone from. "Solace of the Conspiracy Theorist's Mind" would be more apt!

From my perspective Orate convince not only with logic/"truth" , but sometimes with partial truth manipulation or with emotion/passion too. I see SotLM to protect/fight against the "but" part

• Like 1