Call of Cthulhu Reprints and POD

Rick Meints

13 hours ago, laleluoom said:

Hey, that's great news!

Do you happen to know if this will lead to reprints in other languages (specifically, German) as well?

Each of our licensees makes that decision for themself. They can certainly choose to translate and publish HotOE as soon as they wish. BtMoM is not written for the 7th edition, so I doubt they would update that book to 7th edition and then translate it.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

1 hour ago, andysyk said:

I saw somewhere that there are corrections to this printing of HOTOE, Ive got the box set, what are the corrections additions?

My understanding is no additions. Layout from three column to two column? Or maybe the other way around. Can't remember. Some TYPOS corrected.

2 hours ago, Glennhotep said:

Will HotOE and BtMoM be available from the EU store\warehouse? And when this week can one place an order? Really looking forward to getting them.

The books should be on sale later today. We will be sending out coupons to some of the PDF purchasers of the books later today, shortly before the books go on sale.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hope that Helps,

14 hours ago, comrade frisk said:

Will these books be shipped to brick and mortar stores? I ask because I like my local shop and want to support it, and in fact have a standing order for all new Cthulhu book releases. I don't want to end up buying the same book twice though.

Unfortunately, we have almost no control over when or how much any distributor will order from us, especially our overseas distributors. We also have almost no control over when those distributors offer the books to stores, let alone when the stores will actually order. Distributors don't even like us to know which specific stores they sell to.

NOTE: Because the BtMoM book is from 1999, it is for the 5th edition of the rules. Thus, we do not currently have plans to sell the book to distribution.

Edited by Rick Meints
more info
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hope that Helps,

6 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Unfortunately, we have almost no control over when or how much any distributor will order from us, especially our overseas distributors. We also have almost no control over when those distributors offer the books to stores, let alone when the stores will actually order. Distributors don't even like us to know which specific stores they sell to.

NOTE: Because the BtMoM book is from 1999, it is for the 5th edition of the rules. Thus, we do not currently have plans to sell the book to distribution.

Miniature Market claims their Purchasing department believes they aren't even GETTING these books until JUNE!!!  What!?

1 hour ago, 3dartwork said:

Miniature Market claims their Purchasing department believes they aren't even GETTING these books until JUNE!!!  What!?

Order from Chaosium. Cut out the middle man. Get it sooner.

Links are open folks. Update: They've disappeared again, so they may have needed to fix something.

I ordered my hard copy of BTMOM! After four years of collecting CoC supplements I finally have access to this campaign in hard copy.

Edited by klecser
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, klecser said:

Order from Chaosium. Cut out the middle man. Get it sooner.

Links are open folks. Update: They've disappeared again, so they may have needed to fix something.

I ordered my hard copy of BTMOM! After four years of collecting CoC supplements I finally have access to this campaign in hard copy.

Tough to cut out the middle man when the Middle Man is selling it plus PDF handouts for $25 less than buying direct.

1 minute ago, 3dartwork said:

Tough to cut out the middle man when the Middle Man is selling it plus PDF handouts for $25 less than buying direct.

So this is really more about you saving money than supporting small stores or publishers. I get it. The price of saving money is distribution time.

• Like 2

@klecser yeah I had the products in my basket and they all vanished. Had my pdf buyers' coupon for Does Love Forgive? but not for BtMoM through - don't know if there was an issue with that - I also don't think there was any blog/facebook post (although I dont have fb on my phone so would have missed that) which I would have expected for such eagerly-awaited reprints. 

• Like 1

Just now, klecser said:

So this is really more about you saving money than supporting small stores or publishers. I get it. The price of saving money is distribution time.

Yeah when you look at it that way.  I personally feel it's a Win-Win for supporting local business and saving money.  Usually the local companies are just unable to compete with online prices.  When they can like in this case, they are my go-to company every time, except this time haha.

I plan on canceling the pre-order with MM and just getting it through Chaosium and shelling the extra $25 bucks

7 minutes ago, 3dartwork said:

I plan on canceling the pre-order with MM and just getting it through Chaosium and shelling the extra $25 bucks

Chaosium is also a small publisher. I can't tell you how to feel, but by ordering from them direct, I also view it as small company support.

I'm willing to bet that Miniature Market might actually have more employees than Chaosium in the US.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, majeric said:

I have been visiting every day since January for these Books. Please tell me I didn't miss them. 😞

@Rick Meints stated earlier that they would print plenty of them. I'm sure* the link will be back up again soon.

The quote by Rick:"We are printing plenty of these. We won't sell out any time soon, and will print more when stock starts running low."

*I'm not sure at all, but I suspect there was an issue with the link and they are fixing it.

Edited by Ejlertson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1