How does BRP work for long=term advancement?

ghelmberger

I won't speak for him, but it could pretty much lead to an almost indefinite stalemate; for example, if you're using a medium shield (usually was around 12 AP in RQ) and a broadsword (1D8+1) with a D4 damage bonus (total average about 8, maximum only 13), unless your magical augmentation pushed it up considerably, you could spend a long time not doing anything to each other. It could turn, essentially, into the wait for the crit, and if the dice weren't cooperative...

The probabilities of getting at least one step lower on the comparative success system is much greater, even at very high levels. It doesn't as strongly favor the person with the better magic enhancement on their weapon or shield, to boot.

I've had the opposite experience. In the RQ method, you can whittle down an opponent, nicking him here and there (note I'm not counting magic here because you can have defensive as well as offensive enhancing magic). In BRP RAW, you end... new thread for more discussion.

SDLeary

I am actually working on Allegiance in a similar way with respect to Jorune.

Drennship is tied to basically Allegiance (Ardoth), and there will be things like

Allegiance (Thantier) where the higher the Allegiance, the more "xenophobic",

and the boons and penalties associated with such an Allegiance, and others.

Other regions will have similar Allegiances, and may help with Iscin/Alien/sub

race relations and what you can learn/get as a result, as well as how the

various entities you meet will interact (since this was a huge thing in Jorune).

There may even be an Allegiance (Shantha) ...

Ian