Starter Set News

jajagappa

Per Jeff on FB:

So just to make people know - we are wrapping up the Starter Set. Then MY next book is the Sartar Book, then the Cults Book, and then the RQ Campaign. Plus getting WBRM re-released with lots of cool new things. That should keep me pretty busy this year.
And Jason is also working on a number of books where he is the lead and I am not the primary writer (although I am heavily involved of course). Between the two of us, there is going to be a lot of RuneQuest coming out in 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

1 minute ago, Jape_Vicho said:

Wow Starter and Sartar sets before the Cults book? I did not expect that at all, I thought the Cults book was going to be the next one.

As Cults "Book" is two volume plus has a LOT of art, I don't think this is too surprising.  But should be a great RQG year!

Just now, jajagappa said:

As Cults "Book" is two volume plus has a LOT of art, I don't think this is too surprising.  But should be a great RQG year!

Yeah I imagine it contains a lot and have cost tons of work, but the increasing sneak peeks had me hoping it was close to finish 😄, but yeah, I'm happy that so many works are coming, makes me think RQG is doing well commercially and that is great news for all.

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

1 minute ago, Jape_Vicho said:

Yeah I imagine it contains a lot and have cost tons of work, but the increasing sneak peeks had me hoping it was close to finish 😄, but yeah, I'm happy that so many works are coming, makes me think RQG is doing well commercially and that is great news for all.

For those who wonder why I have Cults listed as the 3rd book I expect to get out, that's because one artist is doing the bulk of the work for two volumes. And even if that one artist is the amazing Loïc Muzy, it is going to take longer than a shorter book that has ten artists working on it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

For those who wonder why I have Cults listed as the 3rd book I expect to get out, that's because one artist is doing the bulk of the work for two volumes. And even if that one artist is the amazing Loïc Muzy, it is going to take longer than a shorter book that has ten artists working on it.

Have you considered selling frameable copies / posters of some of this art?  Just a thought.

Anyway, these new items are hereby budgeted on my end.

The question was asked on FB as to what would be in the Starter Set.  This was Jason's reply:

Basic rules, guide to Glorantha, 14 pregens, maps, dice, a solo adventure, a guide to Jonstown, two all new adventures,
+ one updated classic, and much more.
...The goal was to make it appeal to new players as well as longtime fans.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, jajagappa said:

The question was asked on FB as to what would be in the Starter Set.  This was Jason's reply:

Basic rules, guide to Glorantha, 14 pregens, maps, dice, a solo adventure, a guide to Jonstown, two all new adventures,
+ one updated classic, and much more.
...The goal was to make it appeal to new players as well as longtime fans.

The Guide to Glorantha? The 2-volume coffee table books?

29 minutes ago, Scorus said:

No, I think Jason meant that the Starter Set would include a basic guide to the world of Glorantha to help newcomers understand what it is about.

9 hours ago, Jape_Vicho said:

A solo adventure? Yay, finally I will be able to actually play RQ!

You could use the RQ Classic Solo collection (if you haven't already).  But yes, I was happy to have those solo adventures available years ago to actually play some RQ before I had a gaming group available, and it will be nice to see a new one!  

11 hours ago, jajagappa said:

+ one updated classic

I'm hoping this turns out to be the Rainbow Mounds.  🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Scorus said:

I'll let you decide what is more likely to happen:

A. In a 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick box we are including two 400 page hardcover books
B. In a 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick box we are including a 64 page intro to the World of Glorantha book.

Edited by Rick Meints
metric
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

2 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

I'll let you decide what is more likely:

A. In a 1 inch thick box we are including two 400 page hardcover books
B. In a 1 inch thick box we are including a 64 page intro to the World of Glorantha book.

I misread this and thought it read ... "I'll let you DECIDE"...

I'd choose (A)...every time

but then I realised it was not a choice but it was an INTx5 roll... which I fumbled so I still chose (A). The fumble was because I'm not very good at inches so if it had been in centimetres it would have been an easy roll...

I'm guessing I'll just have to wait having made my Knowledge roll x3 and discovered 1 inch=2.45cm... damn

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

I'll let you decide what is more likely:

1 hour ago, Nozbat said:

I misread this and thought it read ... "I'll let you DECIDE"...

Misread hell, I believe what Rick is saying is your belief may vary the contents of the box... Thanks Rick!

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!