Starter Set News

jajagappa

9 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

Has the GM Book that is referenced in the rulebook now dissolved into an Equiment & Weapons book and the Heroquesting Book? Or will it still be published at some point?

Not to my knowledge, but I believe those are among the works that Jason is heading up.

Question that just occurred to me this morning: would the 14 page guide to Glorantha that's being included in the Starter Set make a good Chaosium offering for the next Free RPG Day, here in the U.S.? Might be a great way to get a few more people interested in the setting and its related products. 

13 minutes ago, Beoferret said:

would the 14 page guide to Glorantha

Rick noted that it is a 64 page intro.  My sense is that would be beyond what they'd want to do for a Free RPG day.  Plus I think they'd be more likely to provide a playable scenario than background material.

4 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Rick noted that it is a 64 page intro.  My sense is that would be beyond what they'd want to do for a Free RPG day.  Plus I think they'd be more likely to provide a playable scenario than background material.

Whoops! My bad. Must have gotten the page count switched up with the number of pre-gens! Thanks for not tearing me a new one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Beoferret said:

Whoops! My bad. Must have gotten the page count switched up with the number of pre-gens! Thanks for not tearing me a new one.

jajagappa will never tear you a new one, he is one of the most polite of the denizens here.

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

If you ever need a slim intro to Glorantha, the old Sartar Player's Primer does a pretty good job. It was released to support Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes for HeroQuest, but is almost entirely systemless. Nowadays you'd want to finish by saying, "That's how things stood at the end of your childhood. Now let's run through recent Family History to see what's changed in the last few years..."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Beoferret said:

Question that just occurred to me this morning: would the 14 page guide to Glorantha that's being included in the Starter Set make a good Chaosium offering for the next Free RPG Day, here in the U.S.? Might be a great way to get a few more people interested in the setting and its related products. 

We have no plans to participate in Free RPG day at this time. Our experience thus far is that the gains do not come close to justifying the expense. Unfortunately, most of the people who scooped up our past offerings were not the "want to try something new" types of customers, they were almost all already into the game. If we want to attract new people to the game we tend to do it with free PDFs of our quickstarts and relatively low prices on our starter sets.

• Like 3

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

2 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

If you ever need a slim intro to Glorantha, the old Sartar Player's Primer does a pretty good job. It was released to support Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes for HeroQuest, but is almost entirely systemless. Nowadays you'd want to finish by saying, "That's how things stood at the end of your childhood. Now let's run through recent Family History to see what's changed in the last few years..."

Also available here with all the other handouts (clan questionnaire, PDFs, etc)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/