cult catchphrases

StephenMcG

Minor cult, but what the heck. In my Glorantha, Sable tribe worshippers of the Storm Bull call their god "Storm Buck." Their cult catchphrases include "You can't pass the Buck!" and "The Buck stops here!," both reflecting Storm Buck's ability to stand and Face Chaos when more cowardly braves would flee.

(Morokanth worshippers call their god "Storm Bloke," but I don't have any catchprases for that)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The most prominent is "We are all Us" from the Seven Mothers and Lunar Empire in general. They also say things like "Life is Death" (Hon Eel), "Freedom is Slavery" (Great Sister) and other contradictions. The famous Akothi/Sargashi motto is "Death creates Life". I can only guess that humakti say "Omae wa mou shindeirou" when they cast sever spirit. 

EDIT: Quite far away from Sartar but the mantra of the Seshnelan Rokari is "One God, One King, One Church". 

Edited by Jape_Vicho
  • Like 6

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

3 hours ago, Jape_Vicho said:

The most prominent is "We are all Us" from the Seven Mothers and Lunar Empire in general. They also say things like "Life is Death" (Hon Eel), "Freedom is Slavery" (Great Sister) and other contradictions. The famous Akothi/Sargashi motto is "Death creates Life". I can only guess that humakti say "Omae wa mou shindeirou" when they cast sever spirit. 

EDIT: Quite far away from Sartar but the mantra of the Seshnelan Rokari is "One God, One King, One Church". 

I'm sure at least some Humakti say "またつまらぬ物を斬ってしまった。" ("Yet again, I have cut a worthless object") after some feat of swordplay. Substituting out other verbs (hew, crush, pierce) is of course entirely possible for any warrior god cultist disdainful of the mundanity of their target. 

(Lupin the Third himself is an Orlanth Adventurous initiate, possibly even a Wind Lord, Fujiko Mine is a Trickster, and Daisuke Jigen is harder to place. Possibly High King Elf? Zenigata, of course, is a Light Son of Yelmalio. As an aside for the many people dying to know what Gloranthan cults apply to Lupin the Third media.)

Edited by Eff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

8 hours ago, Jape_Vicho said:

"Freedom is Slavery" (Great Sister) and other contradictions.

Well, now I want the White Moon to have their own Great Sister (or Moonson, or Jar-Eel, or whoever really) so the two can slug it out like this:

Captain America.png

Edited by Leingod
  • Like 4