Non-Gloranthan Media That Reminds You Of Glorantha

19 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

These are two go-to tales for me filled with lots of underlying myth and ideas to draw upon. 

@Oracle not to read, but

Reveal hidden contents

The current plague of brollachan in my HQG campaign is derived from the second book.

I interpret this, that I should read these two books again (I really liked them, when I did it several years ago) for getting some hints regarding our current campaign ... 😉

Edited by Oracle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too bad, as Howard's stories are by far the best. But I would say that applying (or not applying) modern sensibilities to other time writings are not the subject of this thread and would be better

uhh, listen not to this heathen!

Jim Fitzpatrick's artworks for his rendering of the Lebor Gabala, and similar.    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Oracle said:

I interpret this, that I should read these two books again (I really liked them, when I did it several years ago) for getting some hints regarding our current campaign ... 😉

Absolutely! 😉 But watch out for huntsmen riding out of fires...

John E. Boyles "Queens Heir" and "Ravens Blood" novels: 
The first one was actually written as set in Glorantha, but was later rewritten as taking place in the Hittites area (+ Atlantis etc.), the second one follows the story of the first one (as far as i know there was no gloranthan version of the second book): 

https://www.amazon.de/Queens-Heir-Fantasy-Hittites-Children-ebook/dp/B01GD9GHGM/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=john+e+boyle&qid=1613287716&sr=8-7

https://www.amazon.de/Ravens-Blood-Adventure-Descendants-Atlantis-ebook/dp/B07MJP8PV8/ref=pd_sim_1?pd_rd_w=ONCFz&pf_rd_p=4c36ee45-3199-45ee-b94f-2cfef399364c&pf_rd_r=ZNSVFB01RPWZPVS1QQW6&pd_rd_r=045e596d-42da-4a2c-a960-e9d80d707dc7&pd_rd_wg=LUDlv&pd_rd_i=B07MJP8PV8&psc=1

Edited by AndreJarosch

There is that new viking survival game, Valheim, that is very evocative of Glorantha. It has runes, mythic beasts, standing stones altars on which you can offer sacrifice, a titanic branch spanning the whole sky (from an even larger tree, Yggdrasil), and to add fun to this already winning recipe you can even play in co-op with up to 10 friends. It's on Steam if you want to know more about it. Best game I have played in a long time.

Edited by Hijabg
  • Like 1

I think I've recommended it before:

Warriors of the Rainbow (2011)

- Especially the longer 4 hour version. (it's really two movies) It's a fascinating immersion into a thoroughly foreign feeling culture, with unflinching portrayal of the brutality that goes with it. Also the fact the one side are tattooed headhunters who revere their ancestors, vs the other being a more "advanced" invading empire, that's pretty Gloranthan.

(also don't be fooled by the marketing that's trying to present it as some kind of Taiwanese Braveheart. They had to way downplay the violence and make the Sediq seem like "good guys", while the film itself does not whitewash anything.)

Edited by JanPospisil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...