Creature working with players?

greger

1 hour ago, greger said:

Would there be any instances where any kind of creature or monster would work with humans (players)?

Could a serpent-person ask humans for anything, ever? Or will such thing never occur?

Are there any scenarios where there are any co-operation?

In my games “monsters” are not really monsters as such just another race. They may view things much, much different than your players but are not necessarily antagonist. In a 47 session campaign one of my groups played in 2018 characters traded with a snake wise woman who was invaluable to them. They also got captured by another group of snake people that didn’t have any ill will towards them they just didn’t want word going out about their colony and only the characters knew.

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

1 hour ago, greger said:

Would there be any instances where any kind of creature or monster would work with humans (players)?

Yes.

1 hour ago, greger said:

Could a serpent-person ask humans for anything, ever?

Yes.

1 hour ago, greger said:

Are there any scenarios where there are any co-operation?

Deep One hybrids often ask for help, although I don't have any scenarios where this happens.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

There's an Arkham country scenario where a baby deep one has been captured and is being exhibited in a freak show.  Some adult deep ones are trying to recover it, but are hampered by not wanting to expose themselves, or attract the attention that slaughtering the entire carnival would bring (I think the scenario is called the Carnival, but I'm not sure).  They're willing to work with Investigators if it gets them the baby back without too much fuss.  The scenario is written with the assumption getting the baby away from the carival and giving it to the deep ones is the morally correct choice.

There's a modern day scenario called Music of the Spheres where some Fungi from Yuggoth will warn Investigators about the threat, and give them a chance to deal with it their way before getting involved themselves (which will involve explosions).

There's a scenario in the Fatal Experiments collection (I can't remember its individual title) where the Investigators are exploring an underground labyrinth and run into a couple of drunk ghouls.  The ghouls have no interest in hostility unless attacked first, and if asked can provide directions to get around.  There's also a scenario where a recently changed ghoul is burgling what used to be his house for some books, and has no intention of harming anyone.

The Australia chapter of Masks of Nyarlathotep has a Yithian who can be negotiated with.

• Like 2