Art in the Cults Book

Runeblogger

9 minutes ago, Runeblogger said:

Sunhead could be Lightfore and the purple woman might be Gorgorma, Dendara's sister.
And do you recognize the following three (also by Agathe Pitié😋

l0xQ6g4.thumb.jpg.c404ac24762c657e8faa201c2ad2287c.jpg

Thanks! I thought of Ligtfore as it would be the one major Sky deity not present, and I didn't know of the existence of Gorgorma, my first thought was that it was a vilified depiction of Ernalda. 

And yeah, I recognize those, how could I forget Glorantha's most successful music trio? 

• Like 2

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

2 hours ago, Jape_Vicho said:

Any idea who might be the dude with a sun for a head and the purple woman with green hair (both on the Solar Court picture)?

Purple woman with green hair is definitely Gorgorma.  And presumably Dendara is the one holding up the throne.

The sun for a head I'd venture to name "Brightface", but I don't think it is Yelmalio. 

13 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Perhaps it will be The Monomyth when it is done?

Jeff's latest FB share of Agathe Pitié in-process work.

image.thumb.jpeg.527aadeffc1ba31929b2e2b627d3973f.jpeg

Wow! Gorgeous! 

How will it fit in the book, given the very wide format? Will there be a folded panel in the book, or just a poster inserted in it ?

Also, make sure that it is available on Redbubble.

Edited by Manimati

44 minutes ago, Manimati said:

Wow! Gorgeous! 

How will it fit in the book, given the very wide format? Will there be a folded panel in the book, or just a poster inserted in it ?

Also, make sure that it si available on Redbubble.

Artists often work on a larger format than the one it is later printed so they can work with more ease.

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

7 hours ago, Manimati said:

It's a good question.  I'd hate to see it shrunk so much that you lose the details.  Assuming a slipcase set, you could do a poster insert.  But potentially folded panels could be a better option. 

• 2 weeks later...

This was the latest update on the Monomyth picture, including the dreaded Coffee Cup of Doom! 

(Note 1: now we know how Umath first disrupted the Perfect world of the Celestial Court.  Perhaps the hole in the Sky from which Umath emerges is actually a Starbucks?)

(Note 2: she must not have a cat...)

image.thumb.png.d8e696cd6d455795248963eb5da194c0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Of course!  Very reminiscent too of Goya's Saturn Eating his Son. 

So I had to look it up and well.... impressive, as is the tale behind it! The pic looks like something from today.

In 1819, Goya purchased a house on the banks of Manzanares near Madrid called Quinta del Sordo (Villa of the Deaf Man). It was a two-story house which was named after a previous occupant who had been deaf, although the name was fitting for Goya too, who had been left deaf after contracting a fever in 1792. Between 1819 and 1823, when he left the house to move to Bordeaux, Goya produced a series of 14 works, which he painted with oils directly onto the walls of the house. At the age of 73, and having survived two life-threatening illnesses, Goya was likely to have been concerned with his own mortality, and was increasingly embittered by the civil strife occurring in Spain. Although he initially decorated the rooms of the house with more inspiring images, in time he overpainted them all with the intensely haunting pictures known today as the Black Paintings. Uncommissioned and never meant for public display, these pictures reflect his darkening mood with some tense scenes of malevolence and conflict.[2]

Saturn Devouring His Son, a portrait of the titan Saturn consuming one of his children, was one of six works with which Goya decorated the dining room. According to Roman myth (inspired by the original Greek myth), it had been foretold that one of the sons of Saturn would overthrow him, just as he had overthrown his father, Caelus. To prevent this, Saturn ate his children moments after each was born. His wife Ops eventually hid his third son, Jupiter, on the island of Crete, deceiving Saturn by offering a stone wrapped in swaddling in his place. Jupiter eventually supplanted his father just as the prophecy had predicted.

image.png.39a15504d1ddb4dd50b4f3f07de7b83b.png

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

On 2/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, jajagappa said:

It's a good question.  I'd hate to see it shrunk so much that you lose the details.  Assuming a slipcase set, you could do a poster insert.  But potentially folded panels could be a better option. 

I believe that Jeff mentioned at the last impromptu con that it would be folded panels in the style of National Geographic

• Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 9:51 AM, Manimati said:

Wow! Gorgeous! 

Also, make sure that it is available on Redbubble.

the book will be one long scroll