Jump to content

Physical copies of the 5.2 rulebooks?


Recommended Posts

I know this is probably a dumb question right now, but is there any way to get a (legitimately purchased) physical copy of the 5.2 rulebook in the US right now? Barring paying through the nose on eBay, I mean? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, and those physical copies are (per the website's checkout pages) currently unavailable to ship to the US right now. I checked the Chaosium site first chance I got and saw that, that's why I'm asking in here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ZedAlpha said:

Right, and those physical copies are (per the website's checkout pages) currently unavailable to ship to the US right now. I checked the Chaosium site first chance I got and saw that, that's why I'm asking in here. 

That will change in the next few days as we get 5.2 into our US warehouse.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

 

7 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Those remain available as POD.

 

3 hours ago, creativehum said:

Here's the link to a Drivethru search for Pendragon. The prices listed are for the PDFs. But click on the link for each book an you'll see the options for POD.

 

I was referring to the below post from the Status of Future Pendragon Projects thread.

On 5/28/2020 at 11:41 AM, Rick Meints said:

Pendragon will be switching from POD to regular print runs for many titles. Future titles will most likely be full color hardbacks, like our RQ and CoC books. 

This seemed to indicate that the titles on POD, or at least some of them, would get regular print runs with better quality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverSeraph said:

I was referring to the below post from the Status of Future Pendragon Projects thread.

This seemed to indicate that the titles on POD, or at least some of them, would get regular print runs with better quality.

Please allow me to clarify. I should have said "some" instead of "many". The Book of X titles are not going to be switched from POD to anything else unless they get updated for 6th edition. We are not going to just do regular print runs of the whole line as is. As for which Book of X titles may get updated, and when, I don't know. 

Things change, plans change.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The next edition of Pendragon (from what I understand from comments made by Larkin and gathered by folks online) is going to be three volumes totaling 650 pages. (I might be wrong about this!)

As far as I can tell, this means folding some of the material from the Book of X books into the core game. So I assume the next round of supplements will have to be rebuilt.

(It also seems crazy and dangerously long for a game that never needed to be that long in its core rules. But that’s me.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, creativehum said:

The next edition of Pendragon (from what I understand from comments made by Larkin and gathered by folks online) is going to be three volumes totaling 650 pages. (I might be wrong about this!)

As far as I can tell, this means folding some of the material from the Book of X books into the core game. So I assume the next round of supplements will have to be rebuilt.

(It also seems crazy and dangerously long for a game that never needed to be that long in its core rules. But that’s me.)

This is actually The Great Pendragon Campaign that will be split.  As far as anyone knows, the core rules will still be one book.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, creativehum said:

That is not what I read elsewhere. (The GPC will be split. But I have also read the core rules will be split. But that might be incorrect internet stuff!)

Maybe a bestiary then?  I'm sure there will be the requisite slipcase set with a gm screen pack.  I have no doubt whatever it is this will be the most beautiful product Chaosium has ever put out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I have seen it appears there is intended to be a Core Rulebook (ca 250 pages) with the updated rules, a “GM Book” ( again ca 250 pages) with more detail/ extra rules for things like manor management, raiding rules, hunting, feasts, chases, Romance, siege, etc. And a 3rd book (100+ pages) with details around baronial levels, medieval laws etc (I think).  There are also a number of future books been mentioned as well as GPC.

I don’t get the impression that all the 3 initial books are essential for play, but give more detail/ options (seems similar to 7th edition Call of Cthulhu where you only need the core Rulebook, but the Investigator Handbook etc. expand options, background and details)

Edited by Grey
Link to post
Share on other sites

Only the core book will be essential, the GM book will basically compile/expand rules on specific things, that are in no way mandatory to run the game. 

Just like you didn't need the Book of the Estate or the Book of Battle to run a cool KAP 5.0/.1/. 2game

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2021 at 6:01 AM, Grey said:

From what I have seen it appears there is intended to be a Core Rulebook (ca 250 pages) with the updated rules, a “GM Book” ( again ca 250 pages) with more detail/ extra rules for things like manor management, raiding rules, hunting, feasts, chases, Romance, siege, etc. And a 3rd book (100+ pages) with details around baronial levels, medieval laws etc (I think).  There are also a number of future books been mentioned as well as GPC.

I don’t get the impression that all the 3 initial books are essential for play, but give more detail/ options (seems similar to 7th edition Call of Cthulhu where you only need the core Rulebook, but the Investigator Handbook etc. expand options, background and details)

So, you will probably have a slipcase for this, and another four-era-book slipcase for the new Great Pendragon Campaign?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...