Red book of magic....no print version ?

Agentorange

2 hours ago, Agentorange said:

So, I've been over at the Chaosium site having a stooge around, and my eye keeps falling upon the Red Book of magic. But despite looking i can't see a print version. Am I just being really thick and have simply missed it, or is there really no print version ?

Not yet, Chaosium usually puts out a PDF months before the hardcopy and the PDF was released at Yule time.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

they usually announce when the ships sail

Given the flak they got from, ahem, "impatient fans" for the CoC Malleus Monstrorum(*), I'm not even sure they'll announce anything until the cargo has reached some warehouses.

(*) the shipping took a lot longer than anticipated because of a mix of Covid and Brexit legal stuff and other things that I haven't fully followed

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

2 hours ago, Agentorange said:

So, I've been over at the Chaosium site having a stooge around, and my eye keeps falling upon the Red Book of magic. But despite looking i can't see a print version. Am I just being really thick and have simply missed it, or is there really no print version ?

The Red Book of Magic will be out by June*. As always, if you buy the PDF direct from Chaosium now, you'll get the full price of the PDF off the cost of the physical book when it is out. 

*That is our plan but, as some other commenters have noted, the pandemic continues to severely disrupt international shipping movements and clearances. And Brexit has added additional challenges getting product into the UK.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MOB said:

The Red Book of Magic will be out by June*. As always, if you buy the PDF direct from Chaosium now, you'll get the full price of the PDF off the cost of the physical book when it is out. 

*That is our plan but, as some other commenters have noted, the pandemic continues to severely disrupt international shipping movements and clearances. And Brexit has added additional challenges getting product into the UK.

Aaaah.....from that I assume

a) that your UK stock is shipped from Europe ?
b) it's produced in the UK but was done under an EU wide agreement, and a new UK and US agreement hasn't been drawn up yet ?

Just now, Agentorange said:

Aaaah.....from that I assume

a) that your UK stock is shipped from Europe ?

We print our books in a variety of places, including Lithuania and Poland. The product then gets shipped to our various warehouses. Shipping from the EU to the UK used to be fairly seamless but since Brexit it has become complicated and slow. 

2 minutes ago, Agentorange said:

b) it's produced in the UK but was done under an EU wide agreement, and a new UK and US agreement hasn't been drawn up yet ?

We don't print in the UK, the exception being our POD titles (these are printed locally by Lulu in various places around the world, including the UK).

On 2/22/2021 at 7:52 PM, MOB said:

We print our books in a variety of places, including Lithuania and Poland. The product then gets shipped to our various warehouses. Shipping from the EU to the UK used to be fairly seamless but since Brexit it has become complicated and slow. 

We don't print in the UK, the exception being our POD titles (these are printed locally by Lulu in various places around the world, including the UK).

Apropos of nothing, I did a double-take when I first opened the Red Book of Magic because I thought that it had been printed in Luathela.  Now that would have been impressive.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2021 at 12:52 AM, MOB said:

This I can believe, It's quite difficult to find RQ products in even the places  you'd expect to find them.

Edited by Agentorange
typo

• 3 months later...
On 2/22/2021 at 6:32 PM, MOB said:

Just about half way through June. I want to make sure I haven't missed the discount coupon email. Anyone receive it yet?