Shargash rune spells?

Gallowglass

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

No shield from any associates. Lodril is worshiped as Mohenjar and so gives Support, Yelm gives Cloud Clear. Engizi has no access to shield either (except of course Fireshield)

Thanks guys and I have to say that I am quite surprised, support is a stasis rune spell (oslira use change), shargash gives fear (a death or darkness rune spell) and oslira use Life rune, yelm gives cloud clear (an air or fire rune spell). So If you are a devoted priest of Oslira (life+water+movement) you will have difficulties to use those spells. 

18 hours ago, Jose said:

oslira use change

Oslira is Water and Fertility.  She associated with Movement only in her wilder stretches, not where she is contained within the levees and canals.  

Most likely if she wants weather effects (sun or rain), she will call upon Yelm or Orlanth directly, but her priests could certainly have 50-60% in their secondary elemental Rune.  And use/casting of the spells can be enhanced via meditation.

22 hours ago, Jose said:

Thanks guys and I have to say that I am quite surprised, support is a stasis rune spell (oslira use change), shargash gives fear (a death or darkness rune spell) and oslira use Life rune, yelm gives cloud clear (an air or fire rune spell). So If you are a devoted priest of Oslira (life+water+movement) you will have difficulties to use those spells. 

I don't see it as an issue

Being in a cult doesn't mean that you must be strong in all the cult's runes

You may have a big death rune and being in a life cult.

some associated cults may have a totally different activity than your own cult.

but they provide your cult some opportunities to use weird powers. That doesn't mean your cult use these powers as a standard. So in my glorantha, characters (pc or npc) who are able and learn some "opposite / weird " spells (aka fear if oslira) are considered as weird too

" I m pretty sure you will find them, far from the village, in this little half-submerged cave. Decades ago some bandits ravaged our village of fishers. The old Rorita saw them killing her lovely husband and her sons. Now, we fear her and her daughters. Oh they protect the village, they worship the river, as us, but they swore to hunt and destroy any scavenger they may find. And  believe me , if, like me, you had heard the scream of the mercenaries who wanted to play  with her daugthers... two years ago... you would certainly not try to meet them."

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• 11 months later...