Online games?

Nevermet

I just started an online game, session zero is next Friday evening.

I will say there are at least three Runequest Facebook groups, and I got my players through them.

I will also say Chaosium's "online games getting started" page https://www.chaosium.com/online-gaming-getting-started/   is nice but not sufficient:  It would be good to also have a single rallying point to generate a critical mass of players. 

On 3/27/2021 at 12:52 PM, Nevermet said:

Is anyone planning or recruiting any online games?  While I have a decent amount of experience with the Heroquest / Questworld rules, I still haven't played RQG.

Give me a PM Nevermet, we have a small and good (personal bias, great) crew but let me know what you are interested in and what times are good for you. Or actually look below for our gaming times actually 

15 hours ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

What timezone are you in? If Australian time works for you I might be able to help. 

Still looking to join a Six Seasons game so I am tempted to say if you are running one I will get up in the middle of the night to play in one. Anything other than a 9 am to 1 pm Saturday time slot GMT -7 (the times we play).

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Thanks 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Yea it would be cool to have a registry of online games here just to see what all is being run. I run an RQ1 game on Roll20 but I’m currently full, still, I’d be happy to list. 

Roll20 and Facebook have been good places to recruit. 

• Thanks 1

Regarding my time zone, I'm in GMT-6 (Alberta, Canada).

I also wasn't as detailed as I should have been in the first post.  I won't have time for a synchronous game for 3-4 weeks.  PbP, I could do sooner.

Thanks for pointing out Roll20.

On 3/28/2021 at 2:37 PM, Bill the barbarian said:

Still looking to join a Six Seasons game so I am tempted to say if you are running one I will get up in the middle of the night to play in one. Anything other than a 9 am to 1 pm Saturday time slot GMT -7 (the times we play).

That... would have to be a new campaign for me. I'll think about picking up Six Seasons in Sartar at some point and if it excites me enough I’ll make an offer. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

That... would have to be a new campaign for me. I'll think about picking up Six Seasons in Sartar at some point and if it excites me enough I’ll make an offer. 

Well, do give me a PM if you do, I would appreciate that! I bought it, but after being one of the few GMs in this part of the world in the 80s (Hell, nothing has changed, right now I am still one of the few GMs in this part of the world) ) I have GMed my fair share of games that I did not get to play first. Theoretically, I get a chance these days with online gaming to play first and I would love to take advantage of that. 

29 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Well, do give me a PM if you do, I would appreciate that! I bought it, but after being one of the few GMs in this part of the world in the 80s (Hell, nothing has changed, right now I am still one of the few GMs in this part of the world) ) I have GMed my fair share of games that I did not get to play first. Theoretically, I get a chance these days with online gaming to play first and I would love to take advantage of that. 

I feel your pain. About the only RQ:RIG adventures I’ve gotten to play are a couple at Cancon in the before COVID times. One of which is the excellent Remembering Caroman, which I’m now running twice for my Canberra and Perth groups on Roll20. Hopefully @Nano_Ranger's game where I'll get to play a Yelm Assistant Shaman will get off the ground at some point. I'm rather looking forward to the chance for Harstarin to no-sell befuddles and demoralises (Meditation at 80%). 

5 hours ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

I feel your pain. About the only RQ:RIG adventures I’ve gotten to play are a couple at Cancon in the before COVID times. One of which is the excellent Remembering Caroman, which I’m now running twice for my Canberra and Perth groups on Roll20. Hopefully @Nano_Ranger's game where I'll get to play a Yelm Assistant Shaman will get off the ground at some point. I'm rather looking forward to the chance for Harstarin to no-sell befuddles and demoralises (Meditation at 80%). 

Well, if this is the character you are interested in, I hope @Crelwon't mind, but here is a little spoiler. You will want to get the month’s MotM! Shh, don’t tell anyone.

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Haha 1