Solar Campaign

None

On 4/7/2021 at 3:08 PM, Sir_Godspeed said:

This also brings to mind that the current inhabitant of Dara Happa might not have a whole lot in common with its God Age inhabitants, besides the name. But that's speculative.

Something that might actually make a generational campagn more interesting.

Most of Peloria has pretty harsh winters. Yuthuppa is COLD.

That is something I would never have guessed. Although ice deamons should be less of an issue for a people whose main rune is the fire rune.

What about Vadrus? Do they have anything to do with him?

On 4/7/2021 at 3:22 PM, jajagappa said:

They are very similar to the 3rd Age Grazelanders, except IIRC their warriors rode chariots.

I've been meaning to ask What do the Dara Happans favour. Riding hhorses or riding chariots drawn by horses.?

I think the later fits more with the Bronze age and the feeling I'm gettingh from the Dara Happans.

Keep in mind, that by the time the Orlanthi reached Dara Happa

Ah, yes. About that. The Dara Happans were never part of the unity council right?

Then comes the whole Bright Empire deal.

I really need to know more about this (and the Sky Folk, I think they got lost somewhere earlier in the thread.

Oh, and weren't there something called the 'Every Man a Sun' movement or something at some point too?

Edited by None

1 minute ago, None said:

What about Vadrus? Do they have anything to do with him?

28 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Vadrus is one of those gods who capital-D-Died during the Darkness, so it's difficult to tell. Considering his more violent nature though, it's safe to say that they wouldn't have been fans.

3 minutes ago, None said:

I've been meaning to ask What do the Dara Happans favour. Riding hhorses or riding chariots drawn by horses.?

I think the later fits more with the Bronze age and the feeling I'm gettingh from the Dara Happans.

The thing is that while we often talk about Glorantha in terms of Bronze Age, a lot of Glorantha's technologies and societies are more like Classical Antiquity or even Migration Era. The Lunar Empire has a lot Roman and Hellenistic aspects to them, of course. The Malkioni draw a good deal on stuff like the Sassanids, Byzantines, Sarmatians, etc. Orlanthi are all over the place, from Bronze Age Hittites and Greeks (Mycaneans, Minoans, others) , through Bronze/Iron Age Celts to (even if it's kind of a no-no to mention) Dark Age Anglo-Saxons and Scandinavians. Praxians and Pentans draw on both Eurasian steppe nomads as well as the Prairie Indians of North America. For many of these cultures there's also a bunch of stuff from the Indian subcontinent from widely disparate eras included.

And of course, lots of purely original elements not readily traceable to real history.

This all being said, this is more or less how things are: during the God Time, up until sometime during the Storm/Dark Age, the Dara Happans widely used chariots for warfare. At some point, horse-riding became more common. 

This trend may have been temporarily reversed in the Dawn/First Age, but by the Third Age at the very least, the chariot - in most Gloranthan cultures - is relegated to very specific battlefield roles:

- Battlefield taxi for important people or potential shock troops.

- Mobile observational platform.

- Religious purposes, such as carrying icons, effigies, artifacts, etc. 

- Any mix of the above. 

It's possible that there are other roles, but those are the ones commonly mentioned here on site, I think.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, None said:

(Bolding and done by me).

How so?

I'm a fairly recent newcomer to Glorantha (2015 or so), so I'm basing this on what I've seen discussed here, but basically there was a period of time when artistic depictions and nomenclature for the Orlanthi based itself quite a lot on Anglo-Saxon/Old English-y styles. This has since been altered, and official publications will now use more neutral or more in-universe styles. So, less "thane" and "cottar", and more "noble" and "semi-unfree/tenant farmer", for example. 

It's a stylistic choice, there's nothing preventing anyone from continuing to using it in their own RPs.

Edited by Sir_Godspeed

23 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

there was a period of time when artistic depictions and nomenclature for the Orlanthi based itself quite a lot on Anglo-Saxon/Old English-y styles.

There was a lot of that in King of Dragon Pass (in case you haven't played that game for some reason). As that was my first exposure to Glorantha I was quite surprised when I discoverd that the Orlanthi of Dragon Pass were usually depicted differently.

Also because there are severl parts of the Orlanthi that fits very well with and feels very Viking (as long as you don't get blinded by the whole 'savage, bloodthirsty ravagers of the sea' immage that is so common).

Edited by None
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, None said:

There was a lot of that in King of Dragon Pass (in case you haven't played that game for some reason). As that was my first exposure to Glorantha I was quite surprised when I discoverd that the Orlanthi of Dragon Pass were usually depicted differently.

Also because there are severl parts of the Orlanthi that fits very well with and feels very Viking (as long as you don't get blinded by the whole 'savage, bloodthirsty ravagers of the sea' immage that is so common).

Yes, exactly. KoDP was one of my first impressions as well, besides the webcomic (which is more Ancient world).

The Veterans are more qualified to talk about this than me, but I think shifting aesthetics and such is just inevitable which franchises that have such long publication histories and shifting ownership and management. 

That being said, Chaosium is heavily investing in some great artwork currently, so I wouldn't expect things to change anytime soon, nor would I really want it to. The modern art is great (even if I personally would save certain elements from yesteryear for my own personalized vision.)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, None said:

Ah, yes. About that. The Dara Happans were never part of the unity council right?

22 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

No, they joined after the Unity Council had been reformed into the High Council of the Lands of Genertela.

21 hours ago, None said:

I really need to know more about this (and the Sky Folk, I think they got lost somewhere earlier in the thread.

Oh, and weren't there something called the 'Every Man a Sun' movement or something at some point too?

The Sky Folk is just a generalized descriptor for the beings that live in the Sky. There are beings living there, just like those who live on the surface, the sea, and the Underworlds. 

I'm not entirely sure how much we know about them, but they do make some appareances. Some of them descended to the surface during the Greater Darkness to help out the survivors, and they became known as the Star Captains to the Orlanthi, and I believe the Starlight Ancestors to the Pentans. In Dara Happan lore, I think they are more or less ruled or led by Ourania and Polestar, but that might be generalized.

The "Every Man a Sun"-movement appears to have been an anti-EWF populist reactionary movement. That's my take on it at least. It was led or started by Karvanyar, who would allegedly slay the Golden Dragon Emperor and throw the EWF out of Dara Happa, making him Emperor of a new and largely independent Dara Happan Empire, even if he was closely allied with Carmania and the Sables Riders of the Hungry Plateau in the war to drive out the EWF.

The Karvanyar dynasty was pretty succesful, lasting around 230 years, give or take, before eventually succumbing to Carmanian conquest (whose dynasty was by that point intermarried into the Dara Happan imperial family, iirc).

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2021 at 1:43 PM, Sir_Godspeed said:

The "Every Man a Sun"-movement appears to have been an anti-EWF populist reactionary movement.

I remember having heard that it wassome unusual Yelmic movement that allowed anyone to initiate into Yelm (and that wasn't very popular amonmg the Dara Hapan Noblity).

The Horse Nomads are thrown out of the Pelorian bowl with World Council help (Orlanthi, Trolls, Elves, Dwarfs, etc.) and the Horse Nomads become the ancestors of modern Pentans (or at least part of them, mixing with those already there, but Pent was almost completely uninhabited prior to this). Pentans have never forgotten about their ancestral homelands to the west, and their birthright. (The most decisive battle during this expulsion of nomads is called Argentum Thri'ile, iirc, which @Joerg has mentioned before)

Can anyone tell me more about the Pentans and how they and the Dara Happans view each other? At times they seem to kind of be like the Dara Happans (just with more horses and less cities).

On 4/7/2021 at 4:03 PM, Sir_Godspeed said:

Vadrus is one of those gods who capital-D-Died during the Darkness, so it's difficult to tell. Considering his more violent nature though, it's safe to say that they wouldn't have been fans.

Relly? I didn't know that. But that begs the question, didnt Sedenya also capital D Die?

What if, oh, some society of bold Oranthi managed bring him back the same way?

----

I noticed rescently that the Dara Happans actually have contact with Uleria (even though itis a rather complicated relationship from what I understand).

That surprised me as I've always got the impression that Solars (and particularily Dara Happans) are quite prudish (unless you worship Lodril) and from what you've all said I'm underthe impression that its a trait that only becomes more pronounced the higher up their hierarchy you go.

----

I've been considering if I sould try and go for each character having multiple chracters at one (by which I mean two, I believe anything more than that is only asking for trouble).

The backside of that is of course that every additional character can vastly increase paperwork and bookeeping but considering how stratified Dara Happan society is, it might be worth it.

As I get the distinct feeling that that there are sevral places that Dara Hapans odf status would never set their fot in and that there likewhise are places that Dara Hapans of lower status would never get acces to. THen there also this bit that @Sir_Godspeedsaid.

On 4/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, Sir_Godspeed said:

My impression is that the genders are more homosocial than most other places (ie. women tend to sozialize with women, men tend to sozialize with men).

Which made me consider if it would be worth it to allow players to, if thaty wanted to, play their oun spouse, son or daughter (or even one of their parents).

However, as I've never tried running a game where my players have multiple characters before I wonder If any ofe might have any advice or know of any pitfals I should defenitely be wary of?

Or if you all just want to dissauade me from the whole idea.

Edited by None

On 4/9/2021 at 9:45 AM, None said:

I remember having heard that it wassome unusual Yelmic movement that allowed anyone to initiate into Yelm (and that wasn't very popular amonmg the Dara Hapan Noblity).

It didn't last for long, iirc, so that's probably true. I don't know too much more, however. 

Can anyone tell me more about the Pentans and how they and the Dara Happans view each other? At times they seem to kind of be like the Dara Happans (just with more horses and less cities).

This probably varies A LOT over time and space, so I'm mostly generalizing here, but in general, it seems like the Dara Happans view the Pentans as, well, dangerous barbarians that are either too far off to care about, or an imminent threat to their existence (depending), and more rarely, a peripheral people to demand tribute from or colonize (I know know a few times that's happened though, including under the Lunar Empire). 

The Pentans seems to have a more active animosity, enviously viewing the Pelorian bowl as their ancestral homeland (to some extent), and desiring the rich grasslands there. Sheng Seleris is the ultimate expression of that, but there've been several others as well. 

The Pentans fall into a few different groups, such as the Pure Horse, who among the Pentans act as a kind of priestly caste among the general Pentan tribes that herd many other animals. There is also a division between Solar-worshipping Pentans and Pentans who worship Storm deities (the latter seems to be somewhat of a recent innovation).

• Thanks 1

Relly? I didn't know that. But that begs the question, didnt Sedenya also capital D Die?

What if, oh, some society of bold Oranthi managed bring him back the same way?

Yeah, Vadrus got killed by one of those Chaos gods that make ressurrection very difficult. However, the same can be said for Genert, I believe, and there are adventure-threads about ressurrecting him, so who knows? 

Sedenya is an interesting one. The Lunars claim they ressurrected a bona fide God Times goddess. Their detractors might say that they made some kind of Frankenstein's Monster from lots of different dead goddesses instead. I don't believe we have a canonical answer, although it might be irrelevant anyway, as she pressed her claim well enough to make all gods except Orlanth accept her.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

it seems like the Dara Happans view the Pentans as, well, dangerous barbarians that are either too far off to care about, or an imminent threat to their existence (depending), and more rarely, a peripheral people to demand tribute from or colonize (I know know a few times that's happened though, including under the Lunar Empire). 

They don't live in cities!  What more needs to be said?  They're an uncouth, unwashed lot who don't know the proper order of life.

On 4/9/2021 at 3:45 AM, None said:

didnt Sedenya also capital D Die?

There's dying, where you go to the Underworld.  And in some cases when you are killed, your soul may get divided and scattered so that you can only be resurrected if all the parts of you are brought back together.

Then there is getting devoured into Oblivion, or the Void, by Chaos.  That's what happened with Vadrus, Splendid Yamsur, and quite a few other gods.  And it's why you don't want to be eaten by the Crimson Bat.

1 hour ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

However, the same can be said for Genert, I believe

Genert is a slightly different case.  He sacrificed himself to save his people.  That stinging cloud of copper out in the Wastes?  Part of Genert's body.  Those pieces of hyena skin?  Part of Genert's body.  Theoretically if enough parts of his body are brought back together, Genert can actually be resurrected. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jajagappa said:

Genert is a slightly different case.  He sacrificed himself to save his people.  That stinging cloud of copper out in the Wastes?  Part of Genert's body.  Those pieces of hyena skin?  Part of Genert's body.  Theoretically if enough parts of his body are brought back together, Genert can actually be resurrected. 

Ah, that's it, I forget.

The best way of putting it is that before Death came out of the Underworld, things didn't ever actually die. What happened was that you'd break them into smaller pieces, and if you were unlucky, those pieces would be changed enough to not want to go back to the way they were before and join together, and perhaps you'd end up like Umath- a wreck, too weak to do anything, reliant solely upon your shards/children to do everything. But if you were even less lucky, you'd be fighting a thing of Chaos that could transform you so totally you forgot what you were, or split you into 49 or 343 or 2401 or 16807 or, Glorantha Herself forbid, 823,543 separate pieces, reduced too small to ever go back together on your own.

Of course, this could be done to the things of Chaos, too. You could, say, catch one between your legs with the aid of a web and drain all of his juices and give birth to a mysterious new god that would have power over all the rest. Or you could bury one chunk under a giant block of reality and let the remaining pieces scatter out, splintering into big insects or cacophonous demons or things like that.

So perhaps the best way of putting it is that Death is but a door (Time isn't a window, though, we aren't in Ghostbusters II territory here) and dying is a pathway to somewhere else. But nothing is actually destroyed, with the curious exception, if it is an exception, of the Crimson Bat. Granted, without some truly wonderful dissection work, it would be very difficult to prove the Bat actually extinguishes souls rather than incorporating them into itself, or putting them through so much change that they become forever unrecognizable. It may even be better to let ourselves believe that the Bat, awful as it is, represents an ending, a black hole to the Void, and not anything worse...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Though a Lunar through and through, she is also a human being.

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

7 hours ago, Eff said:

But nothing is actually destroyed, with the curious exception, if it is an exception, of the Crimson Bat.

And the red worm.  We mustn't forget the red worm.

Spoiler

i.e. Snakepipe Hollow's monstrous Chaos denizen and its hole to the Void 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Isn't Kajabor's whole deal that he utterly destroys too?

Yeah. Generally, Kabajor is seen as the "entropic" side of the Devil/Chaos while Wakboth is the "moral" side. Of course, these aren't hard lines, and honestly they're probably just different names/forms of the same thing, but it's a common way of looking at things.

22 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Isn't Kajabor's whole deal that he utterly destroys too?

Well, consider the heat death of the universe, the ultimate triumph of entropy/time. The gradient of potential energy in the universe has reached its minimum, it is no longer possible to do any work to rearrange the entropic states. You might well say that everything has been scattered so widely and thinly it can no longer put itself back together again.

Though a Lunar through and through, she is also a human being.

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

On 4/3/2021 at 12:41 AM, None said:

Can anyone tell me a bit about Yelmic justice and how it differs from Orlanthi justice?

Orlanthi Justice - there is a situation, people are unhappy and causing trouble and threatening to cause more, you must try and fix the problem so that people become happier with the situation and no longer cause trouble. The law gives you agreed on rules for working towards resolution. The law works best when it adapts to be complexities of the situation and is flexible. 

Yelmic Justice - there is the law, it defines how people should behave, and what should be done if they do not, usually punishment. The law works best when it is consistent and firm. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2021 at 10:51 PM, Joerg said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a ruling elite of griffons (of the upright-going variety depicted on Gods Wall) or bird-people in Dara Happa prior to Murharzarm's elevation to emperor.

GROY says Jenarong destroys the bird rider temple to replace it with a horse temple. That is in Raibanth, it takes a couple more generations of Emperors to finish the job across Peloria. 

On 4/4/2021 at 10:51 PM, Joerg said:

Neither would I be surprised about a draconic element in early Dara Happa, or in Murharzarm's origin - the Glorious ReAscent makes it look like he was one of the three human nobles made by the cotery of six Dara Happan deities, but elsewhere he is a son of the sky.

Depends what you think the real truth about BernEel Arashagern might be as well. The idea that BernEel Arashagern was both, as a serpent deity, draconic, and a part of Yelm, and so Yelm was always a dragon was the justification the Golden Dragon cult used for putting a dragon on the Imperial throne. 

Of course, the more prosaic truth seems to be that BernEel Arashagern was instead symbolic  of Yelm's fertility powers that he has always had, and is a serpent in the sense of being Yelm's 'trouser snake', seems better supported in the text. 

The 'galaxy brain' synthesis of the two ideas could be attempted, as Greg says at times (at least in relation to Kralorelan mysticism) that the mystic dragon/serpent is the Kundalini coiled serpent, but that is an enormous stretch. 

A better supported theory is that Yelm is pictured sitting on a dragon throne, and like Orlanth Yelm wins his sovereignty by conquering the dragon powers, as Burburstus the celestial dragon, and they serve as a symbol of his kingship, just in Yelm's case suppressed, literally sat on, and its dragon conquering that is important to early Dara Happen religion. Which compares interestingly with Ursturburn in the Entekosiad. 

On 4/10/2021 at 12:54 PM, Sir_Godspeed said:

The Pentans seems to have a more active animosity, enviously viewing the Pelorian bowl as their ancestral homeland (to some extent), and desiring the rich grasslands there. Sheng Seleris is the ultimate expression of that, but there've been several others as well. 

(Bolding mine.)

Ah, that's what hadme confused. I knew hthay ad some backgrond in the Pelorian bowl and though they were just a nomadic offshoot (dammit I don't know how to spell this word at all) of the Dara Happans.

The Pentans fall into a few different groups, such as the Pure Horse, who among the Pentans act as a kind of priestly caste among the general Pentan tribes that herd many other animals.

While the Grazelanders are to my knowledge all Pure horse (exept the Vendref).

There is also a division between Solar-worshipping Pentans and Pentans who worship Storm deities (the latter seems to be somewhat of a recent innovation).

I can immagine that'd be a touch topic to them.

On 4/10/2021 at 2:58 PM, jajagappa said:

There's dying, where you go to the Underworld.  And in some cases when you are killed, your soul may get divided and scattered so that you can only be resurrected if all the parts of you are brought back together.

Then there is getting devoured into Oblivion, or the Void, by Chaos.  That's what happened with Vadrus, Splendid Yamsur, and quite a few other gods.  And it's why you don't want to be eaten by the Crimson Bat.

But the Vadrus that hasn't yet been devoured by Chaos still exist in the Godtime. Shouldn't it be possible to Initiate in to the him of that period? Plus, why would you let a thiny little thing like being Chaos devoured stop you if you really want to recreate a god?

Actually what kind of Storm/Wind was Vadrus?

Storm Bull is the Desert Wind, Orlanth is THE wind. Humakt was a wind but is now Death. Kolat (I think his name was) is presumably the spirit wind. Valind is the icy or winter wind. But Vadrus, what wind was he?

On 4/11/2021 at 1:34 AM, jajagappa said:

And the red worm.  We mustn't forget the red worm.

Reveal hidden contents

i.e. Snakepipe Hollow's monstrous Chaos denizen and its hole to the Void 🙂

Spoiler

Oh, I actually got the old Snakepipe Hollow book on pdf several years ago. I still havn't used it but I understand it is ... deadly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, None said:

While the Grazelanders are to my knowledge all Pure horse (exept the Vendref).

Yup.

5 hours ago, None said:

I can immagine that'd be a touch topic to them.

I don't think we know too much about the internal politics of the Pentan nomads, so I honestly do not know.

5 hours ago, None said:

But the Vadrus that hasn't yet been devoured by Chaos still exist in the Godtime. Shouldn't it be possible to Initiate in to the him of that period? Plus, why would you let a thiny little thing like being Chaos devoured stop you if you really want to recreate a god?

Storm Bull is the Desert Wind, Orlanth is THE wind. Humakt was a wind but is now Death. Kolat (I think his name was) is presumably the spirit wind. Valind is the icy or winter wind. But Vadrus, what wind was he?

This is a twofold issue, so I'll try to answer both in turn:
1. It seems that when gods are killed like Vadrus was, they effectively cease to be valid recipients of worship, no longer being active observers of the world. How exactly this works I'm not entirely certain, but for all and purposes, while we still know Vadrus was there, and we know he did various things, he was effectively retroactively erased in some respects. Timey-wimey weirdy stuff. 

And just to be clear: if you WANT some radical Storm cultists revive Vadrus, then go for it. Sounds nuts. I love it. 

2. A Violent wind. Not quite sure what else. Orlanth has certain spiritual and communal and even fertile aspects to his wind (delegation, community oaths, spreading spores and seeds, bringing fertile rain, the breath that fills everyone's lungs, and possibly the air that carries people's voices and so on), but Vadrus seems more clearly to have been a violent storm. This is likely a simplification, but it's what we're left with. Vadrus' children encompass a range of wind-identities that might give us some clues as to what his "portfolio" were, as it were: winter storms, sea storms, etc. It seems he conquered Sea at some point. 

One thing that should be mentioned is that, to some extent, it's not just a matter of runes and all that, it's a matter of these gods serving a particular narrative role in the mythos of whoever is telling the stories. Gods aren't just "gods of", they're characters who do stuff in stories.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

And just to be clear: if you WANT some radical Storm cultists revive Vadrus, then go for it. Sounds nuts. I love it. 

I'm sereiously considering it. Or I could just place the Campaignbefore Chaos but, I mean, really now.

The crazy worshipers of a reconstructed chaos tainted Vadrus amalgam (with who knows what pieces of other gods put in ther to fill out the gaps) would be great as antagonists for some part of a Solar campaign.

25 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

A Violent wind. Not quite sure what else. Orlanth has certain spiritual and communal and even fertile aspects to his wind (delegation, community oaths, spreading spores and seeds, bringing fertile rain, the breath that fills everyone's lungs, and possibly the air that carries people's voices and so on), but Vadrus seems more clearly to have been a violent storm.

23 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

This is likely a simplification, but it's what we're left with. Vadrus' children encompass a range of wind-identities that might give us some clues as to what his "portfolio" were, as it were: winter storms, sea storms, etc.

Sounds like he at least had :20-element-air::20-power-disorder:then.

25 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

It seems he conquered Sea at some point. 

That creates possibilities.

26 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

One thing that should be mentioned is that, to some extent, it's not just a matter of runes and all that, it's a matter of these gods serving a particular narrative role in the mythos of whoever is telling the stories. Gods aren't just "gods of", they're characters who do stuff in stories.

And just immagine what a returned and probably chaos tainted Vadrus would do.

7 hours ago, None said:

You can worship the fragments (aka sons and daughters) of Vadrus - Valind, Gagarth, Iphara, Molanni, the Triolini male ancestors, and second generation offspring like Ygg and Thryk, and hope to synthesize the Godtime entity. A noble undertaking, similar to re-assembling Sedenya.

In The Initiation of Orlanth, Vadrus is the force of the wind - he churns up the seas, and emerges from the funnel inside the waters. Violence is his trade mark, as is raw strength.

Might makes Right - that's the Vadrudi creed, one of the legacies of Umath.

Vadrus is everything Ernalda doesn't let Orlanth be.

When it comes to herd beasts, Vadrus has a tendency to go for unruly, untameable beasts, like the woolly rhino (in Anaxial's Roster), although the humans worshiping his offspring often herd goats.

As much as Kolat is the Spirit Wind, Vadrus is the God Storm. Forget about Orlanth for a while, he is nothing but a local by-blow that made it big, and incorporated a high number of similar local deities to swell to his current size.

Humakt before Death is interesting. Possibly the Essence or sorcerous part of Storm? The heir of the sword of Umath, a disciple of Kargan Tor even before picking up Death.

And then there is Ragnaglar, the other fifth son of Orlanth. Associated with goats.

Vadrus somehow escapes the accusation of being a rapist. Or does he?

Another stupid theory: We never learn the name of the Storm God that mothered the Gnydron merfolk. Maybe Vadrus still is alive, and happily married to Magasta?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis

12 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Another stupid theory: We never learn the name of the Storm God that mothered the Gnydron merfolk. Maybe Vadrus still is alive, and happily married to Magasta?

Brastalos is an extremely important goddess . . . somewhere. We just need to find that place.

[lots of great but extremely complicated stuff saved for now, except to say that in the triolini-facing archaic west another brother seems to have become Storm King through a different channel while little brother was relegated to more of a trickster role]

• Like 3

singer sing me a given