Backford Aeolian Campaign

3 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Reading through the 100's of posts (tab 34, its taking a long time to read through this stuff) I am used to Sun County in Sartar, p12 of Escape From Duckland and Adventures in the Land of the Sun, I also picked up the trilogy of Sandheart but not familiar with Vanntar? Is Sun County in Sartar the same as Vanntar, it's old name? Is there an actual map that shows the boundaries of Vanntar or is it the same as Sun County? Who would be the Lakarnos contact there and or would there be an Issaries shrine at or near the Sartar Sundome?

The area around Vanntar south of Sartar is Sun Dome County, while the Praxian one (which has two domes) is only Sun County.

The Dragon Pass boardgame or the Sartar Tribal Map show the extent of Vanntar/Sun Dome County.

I doubt that Lokarnos is anywhere as important in Vanntar as in Sun County. Issaries is the trading cult of all the traffic around Vanntar. Shrines are everywhere, for instance on the Sartar highways, but it would be strange if there was none in Vanntar, even if some other cult took over the Argan Argar market there that the Kitori would have had.

Also where is there detail on who's who in the Sartar, Sun County from 1600 ~ 1625 and the political relation with the Lunar Empire during that time?

Wyrm's Footnotes 15 has almost as much info as was published. Some detail is in the description of the Sun Dome file present at the Battle of Iceland in Orlanth is Dead.

Sun Dome County sent mercenaries to whoever paid them. After the conquest of Boldhome, the Sartarites were out of funds. The Holy Country might have been able to afford them, but the 1605 invasion into Heortland met no significant resistance.

One other question back in the late 80's my friends and I learned to really dislike Halcyon var Enkorth. What happens to him and who is slimier than him in all of Glorantha? Did he somehow die? Did he take revenge on Bluebird? Who was the unnamed oger with him noted on page 48 of Griffin Mountain?

What happens between Bluebird and Halcyon is pretty much up to your experience of Griffin Mountain. While Halcyon makes his re-appearance as successor of Sor-eel in Pavis, Bluebird doesn't get any further mention, but then he is just a scholar from New Crystal City on a personal quest of redemption, without the might of the Empire behind him.

Spoiler

Bluebird's lost companion is one of the "passengers" in Gondo Holst's wagon. The ogre might not be that unnamed.

Edited by Joerg

Telling how it is excessive verbis

10 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Is Sun County in Sartar the same as Vanntar, it's old name? Is there an actual map that shows the boundaries of Vanntar or is it the same as Sun County?

Yes, Vanntar is the Sun County of Sartar.  For boundaries, have a look at the clan map Jeff shared on FB. 

It's south of the Stream, to the west of the Locaem lands (as shown in Pegasus Plateau book), north of the Auroch Hills, and east of Beast Valley. 

Who would be the Lakarnos contact there and or would there be an Issaries shrine at or near the Sartar Sundome?

There will be an Issaries shrine at or near the Sun Dome - they want trade goods as much as anyone.

When thinking about Issaries and Lokarnos, it's easiest to think of the first as the merchant and the second as the wagon-driver.  They go together (particularly throughout Peloria) when they travel, and I would include that of merchants traveling to the Sun Dome. 

There are no noted figures in these roles to date - just make up whatever contacts you need.

my friends and I learned to really dislike Halcyon var Enkorth. What happens to him and who is slimier than him in all of Glorantha? Did he somehow die?

Who didn't dislike Halcyon?  He was meant to be disliked. 🙂

Read some of MOB's stories about Sun County.  Halcyon (with Marusa in tow) becomes Governor of Prax after the Cradle.  He's there up to the Dragonrise.  What happens after that is unknown.