Is a balance skill missing?

Khorien

Sorry to bother you with a such newby question but I'm not sure how to solve the lack of balance skill.

Let me make a stupid example: a guard is running to catch a thief. Both arrive on the shores of a totally iced lake. The thief has Acrobatic skill and can roll a try to go on running, but what about the guard without the skill?

Some of you suggested in an old topic to find a standard skill and use it with a penality. In that case what would you use for the guard? Athletic? Evade? Would you create a new standard skill like Balance (DES x2)? 

(sorry for my bad english) 😅

10 minutes ago, Khorien said:

Sorry to bother you with a such newby question but I'm not sure how to solve the lack of balance skill.

Let me make a stupid example: a guard is running to catch a thief. Both arrive on the shores of a totally iced lake. The thief has Acrobatic skill and can roll a try to go on running, but what about the guard without the skill?

Some of you suggested in an old topic to find a standard skill and use it with a penality. In that case what would you use for the guard? Athletic? Evade? Would you create a new standard skill like Balance (DES x2)? 

(sorry for my bad english) 😅

Athletics at Hard or Formidable. There’s no need for a separate Balance skill.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png