Runequest: Talespire

skulldixon

Talespire just came out in early access and I was wondering who in the boards has been playing around it and are going to be using it for their games?

Talespire is an online, digital, graphical way of playing classic P&P Role-playing games. A GM can build their campaign from a library of detailed 3D modules and minis, and invite players for sessions. 
Trailer

I bought Talespire and have poked around inside of ita bit but it will be a little before I use it for my Runequest game. I don't have a ton of time to build anything right now. 

• Like 1

I played around with Taslespire for a bit over the weekend and I have to say its pretty kool, but I would wait til its out of the early release Alpha testing (or whatever its called). Its suppose to be system Agnostic but so far it doesn't have any built in character sheet stuff. They have stats you can setup, but there are only 4 and I think its mostly used for stuff like hit points, MP, and the like. Kind of waiting til they add more adjustable game system content so that I use this program to the same degree I use any other VTT.

Hmmm.  It looks cool; but honestly, I emphasize "looks" there.

All I saw on the trailer (linked in the OP) was a virtual-mapping & visualization product; and 3d characters... deliberately modeled after mini-figures, I think; mobile, but not "animated" at all.

Admittedly, it's among the best I've seen, with a 3D-render model instead of flat-map or even isometric-map.  Tremendously ahead of Roll20, Astral, and other VTTs !

... BUT ...

But little to nothing for game mechanics...  No players' character-sheets, nothing for GM-side NPC's, items, etc.  No implementation of game-mechanics, neither d20, d%, dice-pool, etc.

Another key lack -- from my POV -- is "dynamic lighting" aka "fog of war," where the players can't SEE something that's hidden from them by darkness or visual obstructions.

I would guess that those features (things I regard as essential) are at least -- if they are even in the list of stuff being developed -- 2 years' out.

C'es ne pas un .sig

27 minutes ago, g33k said:

Hmmm.  It looks cool; but honestly, I emphasize "looks" there.

All I saw on the trailer (linked in the OP) was a virtual-mapping & visualization product; and 3d characters... deliberately modeled after mini-figures, I think; mobile, but not "animated" at all.

Admittedly, it's among the best I've seen, with a 3D-render model instead of flat-map or even isometric-map.  Tremendously ahead of Roll20, Astral, and other VTTs !

... BUT ...

But little to nothing for game mechanics...  No players' character-sheets, nothing for GM-side NPC's, items, etc.  No implementation of game-mechanics, neither d20, d%, dice-pool, etc.

Another key lack -- from my POV -- is "dynamic lighting" aka "fog of war," where the players can't SEE something that's hidden from them by darkness or visual obstructions.

I would guess that those features (things I regard as essential) are at least -- if they are even in the list of stuff being developed -- 2 years' out.

Some of that is coming along.  Here is the list they are currently work on:
https://trello.com/b/oaBvFslQ/talespire-roadmap

But yes, right now its a nice way to do your battle maps.

Edited by skulldixon