Western Hero Wars Status Quo

A very minor Carmanian note- Carmanos, son of Charmain, might well have a name that's just "Charmain" plus a masculine ending. Perhaps the... whatever the opposite of dismembering the Red Goddess did to turn Doskalos Sword-in-the-Eye into the Red Emperor was something learned in the interim between Four Arrows of Light and Castle Blue, or at Castle Blue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Developing relevant JC materials for the terminal Third Age West presents its share of challenges. On one hand, the Guide presents a richer 1621 status quo than we've ever had to work with, confirming

I got seriously into Malkionism when we were writing How the West was One (written in 1993-4), and that game began when David Hall said "Wouldn't it be fun to turn [Chris Gidlow's theological card-gam

"It is a period of holy war. Arkati Men-of-All, striking from a hidden fortress, have won their first victory against the evil Kingdom of Seshnela. During the battle, Arkati spies managed to steal sec

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Eff said:

A very minor Carmanian note- Carmanos, son of Charmain, might well have a name that's just "Charmain" plus a masculine ending. Perhaps the... whatever the opposite of dismembering the Red Goddess did to turn Doskalos Sword-in-the-Eye into the Red Emperor was something learned in the interim between Four Arrows of Light and Castle Blue, or at Castle Blue.

I completely forgot she was dismembered  - which source is that in?
Dismembering powerful people is a rather significant event in Glorantha, to say the least.  Arkat comes to mind.... it's not the most common thing though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Nevermet said:

I completely forgot she was dismembered  - which source is that in?
Dismembering powerful people is a rather significant event in Glorantha, to say the least.  Arkat comes to mind.... it's not the most common thing though

Well, what I'm referring to is the transfiguration of one of her demigod children (dead at the time) into, ah, her lingam/animus or a mobile representation of it. So less a dismembering, and more of a... membering? However you wish to put it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1