WITCHCRAFT - Basic Roleplaying Rules for Witchcraft in Different Settings

Trifletraxor

This is perhaps one of my favorite supplements that is sitting right next to Classic Fantasy. I'm glad Rodney borrowed the alchemy rules from it. I think this potion creation system is top notch and the best I've seen. D&D and other systems had such a messy creation system or just did away with it on whole. The book is also a wealth of information on adding witchcraft to your game. I use it alot for that "old crone in the swamp" cliche alot in my games. The potion creation has also inspired my players to start taking other skills like cooking and work on little homebrewed recipes. So I really can't say enough good things.

Thanks for the kind words Rust and JarrethSynn.

Funnily enough I wasn't originally planning to do much setting stuff (as it's a generic book) but people here asked for it and it seems quite popular.

I'm also really happy that people like the potion creation system! I should point out that Rodney not only borrowed the rules but also made little improvements to them that made their way into Witchcraft. I need to get my backside in gear and write Necromancy so that we can share some ideas on that as well... been out of action for a while working two jobs but that situation's improved and I should be back writing regularly soon.

• 4 months later...

Let me add my voice to the chorus and say:

1) Congratulations on the fine work with Witchcraft! I had a good read, and am anxious to start using it!

2) Yes, a necromancy book is a very good idea! I always need more villains who are into necromancy, demon summoning and other fine hobbies.

Proud pen-and-paper roleplayer since 1991!

Blood and Souls for Lord Arioch!

• 6 months later...

Picked this up during the "Father Dagon's Day" sale and finished reading last night. I particularly like how flexible this supplement is. If I want witchcraft to be of infernal origin for a medieval game - no problem. Want to incorporate it into a Victorian setting - here's a secret society for you. I anticipate Narl will incorporate some of this for his upcoming Viking game too. Excellent work.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone know if Chaosium will reprint this monograph?

Chaosium do reprint the monographs and Witchcraft looks like one that sells quite well. So I would expect it to reappear when they next get round to doing their reprint run. Hang in there I'm sure it will appear!

I emailed Chaosium and so far have not got a response.

Don't hold your breath :)

Mr Jealousy has returned to reality!