Current & Future Pendragon 6th edition books

a new Pendragon edition seem largely pointless to me if there isn't a much more noticeable commitment to VTT support or even just basic outreach to community devs who often just need a thumbs up and a promise they won't be sued before beginning work. Roll20 support is the only thing that exists right now and it's a joke. Foundry or Fantasy Grounds Unity would be ideal. My preference would be FGU; the community of devs there is strong and committed.  But literally anything would be an improvement over what currently exists. We live in a changed world and VTT is the future of play for many of us with weakened immune systems.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:30 AM, Mallorylover23 said:

a new Pendragon edition seem largely pointless to me if there isn't a much more noticeable commitment to VTT support or even just basic outreach to community devs who often just need a thumbs up and a promise they won't be sued before beginning work. Roll20 support is the only thing that exists right now and it's a joke. Foundry or Fantasy Grounds Unity would be ideal. My preference would be FGU; the community of devs there is strong and committed.  But literally anything would be an improvement over what currently exists. We live in a changed world and VTT is the future of play for many of us with weakened immune systems.

As far as I know, there's plans for VTT support, something that Chaosium seems to have been embracing more and more.

Søren A. Hjorth
- Freelancer Writer, Cultural Distributer, Font of Less Than Useless Knowledge
https://thenarrativeexploration.wordpress.com/

• 6 months later...

The two "Codex" books surprise me. I never thought the idea of playing a non-knight character would come back.

If the 4th edition rules are going to be their basis, I think a welcome change would be to replace the Xd20 rolls with Xd6. It would make its maths simpler, and mirror the "roll d20 for skill, roll d6s for effect" which exists in combat rules.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmberry1s said:

I think it might be a reference to the magic rules, which did require rolling multiple d20s for various purposes (usually to determine how much magic power you had)

Yes, sorry, I should have mentioned I was talking about Magic rules.

• Like 1

Well, hello to all here!

I've been reading the first part of the Starter Set and, as you all, I'm very excited of the new Pendragon 6th edition.

It would be great to imagine a Crusades supplement, I mean playing the Crusades Historical period with the knight-rules system of Pendragon...

I am deeply curious of the new magic rules, since I was working on some home-rules in order to reintroduce that in KAP 5.1

I believe that making different volumes for GPC is a good idea, if you see it in the chance to choosing which period you are more interested in playing...

And, let me end my comment writing "More Faeries, please!" after reading of volumes dedicated to many details (court adventures for example) I would love to see a volume dedicate to the Enchanted Britain...

I dream an Italian version of all the products, but I know it's a dream!