Two million views for Critical Role's 'Shadow of the Crystal Palace' Call of Cthulhu one-shot

MOB

37199716672-offset-6428-preview.thumb.jpg.bdf21b785fe933896f1daa6e7ccc4c12.jpg

Two million Critters, exposed to the madness of Call of Cthulhu! Critical Role's acclaimed one-shot "Shadow of the Crystal Palace" has just clicked over 2,000,000 views on YouTube!

This special Call of Cthulhu one-shot features Keeper of Arcane Lore Taliesin Jaffe guiding investigators Marisha Ray, Erika Ishii, Phil LaMarr, Travis Willingham, Ashly Burch, and Liam O'Brien through a horrifying adventure.

Pick up the Call of Cthulhu Starter Set for a cosmic horror adventure of your own and use the code CriticalRole at check out for 10% off your entire order at Chaosium.com.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 1

I don't know who at Chaosium is responsible for all of these unbelievable high-profile Actual Plays we've been getting over the last two years. But they deserve some kind of marketing medal. Or a fat raise.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TwiceBorn said:

I must admit that watching/listening to other peoples' games usually bores me to tears.

Started watching/listening to this one, and wow, I was truly impressed. Talk about setting a really high bar for a tabletop RPG session!

I am very picky about the Actual Plays that I actually think are worth a watch. I prefer ones with trained actors. They are conscious of performance and that they have an audience. Most Actual Plays are boring to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgtscott658 said:

Ya, trying to watch play through s of Masks of Nyarlathotep is painful.

It sure can be. I’ve only been checking out CoC actual plays for a couple years at most, primarily via podcast. I tend to skip the “Masks” games simply because so many are doing it, I’d rather latch onto something a bit shorter and more unique. Just my opinion though, and I’m sure there are a few great Masks actual plays out there in the world that many are enjoying. 

• 10 months later...

Sorry for the resurrect of this thread, but it was the newest I could find on the topic. The video is closing in on 2.5 million views and I was one of the latest additions to that number. That was one of the best RPG sessions I've watched even with the few creative rule interpretations. I would not mind having Taliesin run the same scenario to another group of players one of these days just to see some of the other things that might have happened.